**Official 2014 FIFA World Cup Thread**

Was that German fans chanting Seven Nation Army after the goal? 'Cause if so, they're dumb.

I don't disagree with you but that song is extremely popular over there.

I'd heard awhile ago that it's played in stadiums in Europe, but don't chant it in a game against the USA, heh.

Why not?

'cause it's a U.S. song. Just seems weird to me when you're cheering for your country that you'd pick this new song from another country instead of doing, I dunno, some old-timey German soccery chant thing.

Was that German fans chanting Seven Nation Army after the goal? 'Cause if so, they're dumb.

I don't disagree with you but that song is extremely popular over there.

I'd heard awhile ago that it's played in stadiums in Europe, but don't chant it in a game against the USA, heh.

Why not?

'cause it's a U.S. song. Just seems weird to me when you're cheering for your country that you'd pick this new song from another country instead of doing, I dunno, some old-timey German soccery chant thing.

It's a club level thing just as much as a country thing to use a lot of the same songs. I'm sure they really don't care what country it came from.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHyQf5PdG9M

Very well done USA! They exceeded my expectations by getting through the group stage. Belgium is loaded with talent but they haven't impressed me with their play in the group stage. I would have never figured we would have made it this far so no way am I discounting the US against Belgium.