BIG TEN RIVALS ( A work in progress... )

My primary pick for a rival in the big 10 would be Wisconsin. I like trophy games that the big ten has

That being said this is how I would lay it out:

We would play Iowa Veterans day weekend for the Heroes trophy.

We would play Wisconsin the day after Thanksgiving for the BIG RED RIVALRY (loser has to wear black next game) or something similar.

Other possibilities

Although, I hope it doesn't continue to be as close of a rivalry against Northwestern the winner could receive a trophy of a graduation cap and diploma or something.

Minnesota used to play this team before we were in the big 10 way back when and hopefully again it is never close but I wouldn't mind having a trophy in our trophy case every year for walloping on this team.

I like the idea of switching Iowa to Veteran's Day if we are going to stick with the Heroes trophy. However, from a branding stand-point, no way should we call the Wisky game "Big Red Rivalry". We should never confuse who is the one and only Big Red (sorry Cornell).

Still, it got me thinking about what names and trophies would work for some of the rivalries discussed in this thread:

vs Wisconsin: Red Dawn; True Red; Power Red; All Red; Pipeline --- trophy: Sledgehammer or Lead pipe

vs Iowa: The Plainsmen; Big Muddy (Missouri River nickname); Heartland; River City --- trophy: Bronze tractor or Farmer wrestling a steer by the horns

vs Northwestern: The Battle for NU; Real NU; Iron NU --- trophy: Iron NU statue or cup

vs Penn St: Legends --- trophy: Crystal football (hey, NCAA gave it up. Time to grab it because we all want the Crystal Football in Nebraska)

I like Red Dawn for the Crimson Sledgehammer Idea, start this year by storming across the field at Camp Randall.

Also dig the Iron NU idea coupled with the helmet decal stakes.

Iowa could definitely be a veterans weekend affair. Honor service personnel frim both states every year. Lets make this happen. Trophy just needs to be a simple bronzed shape of something truly midwestern.

I like Red Dawn for the Crimson Sledgehammer Idea, start this year by storming across the field at Camp Randall.

Iowa could definitely be a veterans weekend affair. Honor service personnel frim both states every year. Lets make this happen. Trophy just needs to be a simple bronzed shape of something truly midwestern.

How about a flat bronze block to represent the landscape?

I was thinking a Hustler and a pack of Winston Lights in a Budweiser beer bucket

I was thinking a Hustler and a pack of Winston Lights in a Budweiser beer bucket

$(KGrHqV,!lsFGnHHwfU+BRylUgN8U!~~60_57.J

• Fire 1