BIG TEN RIVALS ( A work in progress... )

Sorry, no. A rivalry must be reciprocated. We (Wisconsin) already have one.

You can't go around just proclaiming to be someone's rival. I would think Nebraska would be above that?

This is the exact reason Iowa will not be a rival for Nebraska, so I have no idea why a Wisky fan is here trying to tell us who our rivals are (obviously you have no idea).

Anyway, I do not think Wisconsin currently is a rival for Nebraska. Still, if Nebraska can eliminate any chance Wisconsin has to go back to the CCG this year, are you telling me you would not want pay back next year? Rivals will come with time, and being two teams at the top of our division will lead to some naturally important games, which could easily lead to a rivalry.

Hey guys, just thought I'd chime in on this one.

As a Buckeye fan, we deal with Penn State. Obviously Michigan is our arch rival, but all the Buckeye fans I know consider PSU to be the second biggest game on the sched. Now we like to tweak them and say it's just a game, but it's not. Just check out OSU's and PSU's scout board. If Michigan weren't our arch rival, I think us and PSU would have a huge rivalry game similar to Michigan/OSU. And for Michigan, Michigan State is the same way. Now OSU's first arch rival was Illinois until the 30s. Because Michigan killed us and we didn't win a game for the first 20 times until Chick Harley led us in the late teens. So first thing, rivalries can change.

Now in the B10, the Wisconsin poster was right about the current situation. We hate Wisconsin and they hate us, but not as much as we hate Michigan and they hate Minnesota. Their rivalry with Minnesota would be a monster one if Minnesota kept winning like their past and if Wisconsin had been consistently good prior to Alvarez. Those two teams HATE each other, but as said, it can change, but it will take a long time to become arch rivals, but in the meantime you guys could have a really good rivalry with them. Iowa's 2 biggest reivals are those two, but it's always second best, so that's why I think the B10 was hoping you guys would become Iowa's arch rival.

I do think Iowa is a good candidate, but they are a lot like Michigan State, awesome one year, 4 wins the next. I really like your games with Michigan State and hoped they would continue, but not right now. As for Northwestern, they are the traditional bottom feeder prior to the last 20 years. BUT they can surprise you, and I know that first game, you guys were probably like, no way did we just lose to Northwestern, but it's a tougher league than people think. I think this one will be tough because Northwestern is a private school and they just don't have the huge fan base to piss you guys off, but if you can continue games like that, who knows?

So I think Iowa is your best shot at an arch rivaly in the near future, Wisconsin possibly in decades, but that will be tough. Also I hope the B10 rounds out getting Kansas and OU and then you guys wont have to worry about it. OU would be obvious.

The expansion talk has really died off since the playoff and ACC locking up its members. I think it will pick up again once the BIG 12 is left out due to lack of a championship.

Iowa is as good as anybody at this point. Its forced and its not genuine. In time it can develop since they have disliked us for a long time even when we were in seperate leagues. For now it works. Eventually Id like to see it moved to week two so it feels like something is really at stake moving deeper into the season.

NW doesnt have the fanbase but they are a scrappy team for sure, fun series thus far. PSU wouldve been grear but oh well. Wisconsin....it doesnt do it for me like it does for most fans. Sure there are the similarities and ties but so far it hasnt been compelling enough to justify it as being a competetive series. Should NU knock em off in camp randall this year that could all change. The worst part about the game is that I think most casual fans will keep channel surfing while looking for a game because the color schemes are practically identical. Some people think thats kinda neat but for me it makes the game look a little uninspired, maybe thats just me.

I like a rival to be an equal but also be the ying to our yang. Wiscy doesnt fit that bill for me. They look too similar. Michigan and tOSU are clearly distinguishable. USC and UCLA, Bama and Auburn, Texas and OU, FSU and Miami etc etc etc. As good as our games with Wiscy could become, part of me feels like Im watching the Husker spring game. Petty reason not to have a rivalry but Badger fans are making it clear they would rather have rivalries with doormats than us.

You can't go around just proclaiming to be someone's rival. I would think Nebraska would be above that?

If you read the whole thread, you would have read that we aren't saying someone is our Rival, we are just discussing who would we LIKE to be our rival. 3 years in, we know that we don't have one, except for the forced (crappy) one that no Nebraska fan acknowledges.

As far as Oklahoma coming to the B1G, it will never happen. Reasons:

1. They would have to bring their little sister. That is what stopped them from going to the SEC in 2010.

2. They aren't in the Academic program that the B1G requires.

Also, Texas was never our Rival. Well, we thought they were, but at the same time, Colorado thought we were theirs (meaning that the Texas fans feel the same towards us as we felt towards Colorado fans, no sh*ts were given).

• Fire 2

If you read the whole thread, you would have read that we aren't saying someone is our Rival, we are just discussing who would we LIKE to be our rival. 3 years in, we know that we don't have one, except for the forced (crappy) one that no Nebraska fan acknowledges.

As far as Oklahoma coming to the B1G, it will never happen. Reasons:

1. They would have to bring their little sister. That is what stopped them from going to the SEC in 2010.

2. They aren't in the Academic program that the B1G requires.

Also, Texas was never our Rival. Well, we thought they were, but at the same time, Colorado thought we were theirs (meaning that the Texas fans feel the same towards us as we felt towards Colorado fans, no sh*ts were given).

This, right here. He's like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know what is going on.

I kinda hoped the thread title being A WORK IN PROGRESS would be enough to clarify were well aware we dont have a rival yet but I guess not.

Nebraska has always struggled to maintain a rival due to the undenying fact that we are either too dominant for a series to become a rivalry or because were too damn nice to piss off the other fanbase. Thats what makes Iowa a strong candidate, they disliked us when we werent even playing them.

I dont see them agreeing to a long term yearly series. They are already playing 9 conference games at the moment and likely want to lock up 3 ooc wins any chance they get. Since the Big 12 has no title game, beefing up their schedule wouldnt hurt though, but Im guessing every member school is waiting to see what the conferences next move is before doing anything drastic.

Here is this Badger fan's take:

We don't want or care about you.

Now go back outside and play with PSU, Maryland and Rutgers. Or the Big XII. :laughpound

Told y'all.

Holy crap, I didnt know we had the official ambassador of Wisconsin athletics posting on Huskerboard, Im honored.