Good Idea or Bad Idea?

Bad thing is, there's a substantial amount of cash on the table right now that he can put towards his next home, I really want the lot, but I'm starting to think that maybe I should rescind the offer and maybe it'll move him to do some dealings with me.

I just don't want to piss him off where he doesn't sell it to me at all then.

I'd say, no reason to play games with him. You obviously have reasons behind the amount you offered. Let him stew on it and see what he comes back with.

Worst case is someone comes in with a higher bid. Rescinding the offer isn't going to help that.

Yeah, I won't. Too worried about losing it. I just know he's ready to make an offer on a house he's picked out, so you think he'd want to commit to my cash to have for that. He was waiting on my offer before he could make his offer.

So...he's now saying he has another potential buyer and wants an offer with assurance of funds by Friday or else he will have to put on market.

Is it just me or does he sound like there's no other buyer and he just wants the assurance of funds?

Yeah, but who cares...you want it...you know you want it...he is okay with your offer...so do it.

So...he's now saying he has another potential buyer and wants an offer with assurance of funds by Friday or else he will have to put on market.

Is it just me or does he sound like there's no other buyer and he just wants the assurance of funds?

Yeah, but who cares...you want it...you know you want it...he is okay with your offer...so do it.

But I don't know that he is ok with the offer - he hasn't said so at this point.

Got the counter offer - 40k above what I offered. Plus, I got laid off on Monday. Doubt that it's going to happen now.

It sucks but it's actually probably a good thing they didn't take your offer.

Uh yeah. Although we still would've been ok - our offer was less than 1/2 of what we have in the bank, so we still have a good bit in reserves.

Did you have any clue at all about the lay off? Or was it totally out of the blue?

Out of the blue - in hindsight, I feel that I should have seen it coming...

About a year ago they hired an assistant for me who I trained for about 90 days. After my son was born in January, they told me that they knew I wanted to work from home more because of the baby (about an hour commute each way), so they gave me a new position working on major projects while my assistant took over for the current listings work (real estate firm). I was working 4 days a week from home, making templates to make everything easier (hint) and last week they gave me a big list of all the projects we had to do.

Then, Monday morning, I get a call stating that one of the print companies said if they move all the printing there, they would do the graphic design as well. So I got a "We don't think we're gonna be able to keep you busy, so we're gonna pay you out."

Did you have any clue at all about the lay off? Or was it totally out of the blue?

About a year ago they hired an assistant for me who I trained for about 90 days. After my son was born in January, they told me that they knew I wanted to work from home more because of the baby (about an hour commute each way), so they gave me a new position working on major projects while my assistant took over for the current listings work (real estate firm). I was working 4 days a week from home, making templates to make everything easier (hint) and last week they gave me a big list of all the projects we had to do.

Then, Monday morning, I get a call stating that one of the print companies said if they move all the printing there, they would do the graphic design as well. So I got a "We don't think we're gonna be able to keep you busy, so we're gonna pay you out."

That sucks...I have a friend that went through the same thing...basically, he trained his replacement and he kind of knew it but he wasn't totally sure until it happened.

That sucks...I have a friend that went through the same thing...basically, he trained his replacement and he kind of knew it but he wasn't totally sure until it happened.

What really ticks me off about the whole thing is that they are having a record year and they still feel the need to lay people off. They are multi-millionaires from their first business (medical billing) being sold to a larger company, and then decided to do real estate afterwards.