Mulkey

Peterson

Fluellen

Brooks

Spain

Purify

Holt

Henry

It's hard to say at this point, but I think Swift, Nunn, and Purify will be the top 3. Hardy, Mulkey, Peterson, and Fluellen might get a catch here and there. Brooks is a big question mark because he seems to have been lost in the mix. Holt and Henry will probably redshirt and learn the offense. What do you think?

pure speculation regarding the new guys......we thought Brooks would be a factor last year and he did not pan out...so no guesses from me without seeing how they perform when they come in.....although Purify arrives with a lot of hype.....

obviously, Swift and Nunn......i like Peterson as the 3rd for now........

hunter

I agree with all of the above posts.

Swift-Nunn will surely be in the mix, and if you had to look at 1 new guy, Purify may be him.

Knowing the system is probably the most important factor.... Where to be, how to get there, and when to be there.....

Chris Brooks could be a wild-card in the whole thing.....if he gets it figured out and stays healthy.

I am excited to see what everyone does next year..... Holt-Henry may figure in.... BC has shown that he doesn't necessarily red-shirt guys who can play.

You think LJax is out of the mix of receivers with our recent addition? I guess we will have to see come the spring game. I think this offseason he will solidify a position on the team, but where? the guy has talent, anyone who watched his film knows that.... he was my biggest disappointment this year to be honest, i was pumped for this kid.. still am.

1 guy who i think will be a definite starter is Nunn. The guy proved he can be counted on to make plays when it counts. Swift is second on that list and he is another great offensive weapon. Right now, our WR's corp is going to be second to none in the Big12.

Nunn= proven WR

Swift= proven WR

Peterson= Proven WR (although he could get moved to TE with the WR's coming in)

Brooks= still has to work on getting better and hasn't proved he is a threat

Hardy= was a threat early on and then slowely dissapeared ???

Meno Holt= sees some playing time but i don't think he will be a major factor

Purfiy= This guy will be a starter in my opinion and get 50% of the pass thrown

Will Henry= Similiar to Holt and i expect him to be our deep threat because of his speed

Leon Jackson= likely to redshirt and learn the offense

Spain= Unknown at this time, but he's spent the last year learning the offensive playbook while attending another college.

That's my assesment.

Nunn= proven WR

Swift= proven WR

Peterson= Proven WR (although he could get moved to TE with the WR's coming in)

Brooks= still has to work on getting better and hasn't proved he is a threat

Hardy= was a threat early on and then slowely dissapeared ???

Meno Holt= sees some playing time but i don't think he will be a major factor

Purfiy= This guy will be a starter in my opinion and get 50% of the pass thrown

Will Henry= Similiar to Holt and i expect him to be our deep threat because of his speed

Leon Jackson= likely to redshirt and learn the offense

Spain= Unknown at this time, but he's spent the last year learning the offensive playbook while attending another college.

That's my assesment.

I agree with your assesment on Swift and Purify. Peterson moving to TE? Never really thought of that, but he is a big target, maybe a possibility. Hardy needs to hit the weights. Gilmore said he was maybe 165-170 lbs soaking wet in his pads at the end of the season, he also was nicked up for most of the year, hence why he kind of faded away. I have no idea about Spain, Brooks and Leon Jackson. I would like to think that Spain and Brooks are ready to go and that Leon Jackson could pick up a position and feel comfortable, but who knows. I will make one bold prediction right now though, by conference time, Terrence Nunn will no longer be a starter. Too inconsistent. Makes big plays, doesn't make the routine ones. I like the guy, but unless he becomes more consistent between now and then, I think Purify will unseat him.

For the good of the offense, you'd like to see Purify, Spain, Holt, and Henry really produce. They are the most talented, in my opinion.

That being said, the fact that our two top receivers aren't among those four is a good thing.

We should have great depth at the WR spot. I'm pulling for Brooks and Jackson as well.

Tough to see where we could get Jackson on the field. Let's hope he busts his butt and makes it hard on the coaches to keep him off the field. Too much talent there to waste!

From all the reports I read last year, Spain was by far the most impressive receiver we had in the summer passing leagues. He even out-performed Hardy, and that says quite a bit because of the relationship Hardy and Taylor had from playing together. I look for him to be a major contributor next year.

I think Nunn proved a lot to "himself" in the Alamo Bowl. He can be the man if keeps his head in the game. I was really surprised at how he preformed in that game. He looked like the player we all had heard he could be. I think it will be very hard to to push him out of the starting line up. Its his to lose but I think a light went on against Mich.

GBR!!!