Bowe Bergdahl- POW or Deserter?

Bergdahl is now in outpatient care but is still under careful watch and not allowed to leave at his own free will. He is currently being evaluated by SERE phsychologists. I went through SERE school in the military. It was....interesting.

I'll pass on the SERE training, got a slight taste and it was a headf*ck dijour...

• Fire 1

Bergdahl is now in outpatient care but is still under careful watch and not allowed to leave at his own free will. He is currently being evaluated by SERE phsychologists. I went through SERE school in the military. It was....interesting.

I'll pass on the SERE training, got a slight taste and it was a headf*ck dijour...

Agreed

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like he might be in for a nice paycheck if he is found to not have deserted...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/14/bergdahl-could-get-350g-tax-free-if-cleared-by-army/

Part of that is bullsh*t...

How does this dude go from a E-3 (PFC) to an E-5 (Sgt) without any classes or boards or anything like that?

I've read in multiple articles that if you're a POW you get promoted strictly on TIG and TIS without any of the added bullsh#t you'd have to do on normal active duty. I wondered the same thing myself until I read about it.

Looks like he might be in for a nice paycheck if he is found to not have deserted...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/14/bergdahl-could-get-350g-tax-free-if-cleared-by-army/

How does this dude go from a E-3 (PFC) to an E-5 (Sgt) without any classes or boards or anything like that?

I've read in multiple articles that if you're a POW you get promoted strictly on TIG and TIS without any of the added bullsh#t you'd have to do on normal active duty. I wondered the same thing myself until I read about it.

I figured that was the case as well. It's funny though, being a POW for a few years automatically qualifies you to assume more responsibility and potentially puts you in charge of other soldiers. Seems legit.

I figured that was the case as well. It's funny though, being a POW for a few years automatically qualifies you to assume more responsibility and potentially puts you in charge of other soldiers. Seems legit.

Yeah, it's a funny situation. When there were rumors of him possibly getting promoted to Staff Sergeant when he was released that's when I got really mad. How does some dipsh*t that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground become a Staff NCO? Walk off base and get captured and you're all set.

Yeah, it's a funny situation. When there were rumors of him possibly getting promoted to Staff Sergeant when he was released that's when I got really mad. How does some dipsh*t that doesn't know his ass from a hole in the ground become a Staff NCO? Walk off base and get captured and you're all set.

852937417.gif?1400112051