Bowe Bergdahl- POW or Deserter?

Presidents are getting way too much power. We're the Roman Republic circa 100BC right now. People have no idea the path we're headed down, and it's scary.

I agree with the bolded. serious question? How do you stop it?

Congress needs to act. Kind of like Iraq . . . when there is a power vacuum someone will step in. The do nothing Congress has left a power vacuum . . . and when there are things that urgently need to be addressed the president will step in if Congress will not or can not grow up and do its job.

Just as Caesar stepped up, and Sulla before him. But then they murdered Caesar and entered a period (another period) of civil war, from which emerged one strong leader, Augustus, and the Empire was born.

Americans are ripe for such a leader. They are willingly led by the nose by anyone with a loud enough bullhorn.

TED CRUZ 2016!!

Presidents are getting way too much power. We're the Roman Republic circa 100BC right now. People have no idea the path we're headed down, and it's scary.

Congress needs to act. Kind of like Iraq . . . when there is a power vacuum someone will step in. The do nothing Congress has left a power vacuum . . . and when there are things that urgently need to be addressed the president will step in if Congress will not or can not grow up and do its job.

Just as Caesar stepped up, and Sulla before him. But then they murdered Caesar and entered a period (another period) of civil war, from which emerged one strong leader, Augustus, and the Empire was born.

Americans are ripe for such a leader. They are willingly led by the nose by anyone with a loud enough bullhorn.

Interesting fact. Caesar Augustus died 2000 years ago this week. I think it was Wednesday that was the anniversary of his death.

Ok....sorry for the side comment. Continue on.

Interesting fact. Caesar Augustus died 2000 years ago this week. I think it was Wednesday that was the anniversary of his death.

Ok....sorry for the side comment. Continue on.

Yes, on the 19th. I take it you didn't see my Status Update?

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/statuses/user/4424-knapplc/?status_id=36103

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

Still should have gotten him back. If only to try him. I don't think a POW exchange is that uncommon (well, nowadays, yes, but only for the lack of American POWs in recent decades).

I'm a bit skeptical about these 5 Taliban who were released, but for every one of them there are a thousand crazier guys being radicalized. Did they get charged, or were they going to be charged for anything? I don't think America's safety has been materially affected by not keeping a few of these guys in detention. But I'm sure Qatar will "monitor" them.