Bowe Bergdahl- POW or Deserter?

• 1 month later...

President Obama violated a “clear and unambiguous” law when he released five Guantanamo Bay detainees in exchange for Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, the Government Accountability Office reported Thursday.

“[The Department of Defense] violated section 8111 because it did not notify the relevant congressional committees at least 30 days in advance of the transfer,” the GAO report said. “In addition, because DOD used appropriated funds to carry out the transfer when no money was available for that purpose, DOD violated the Antideficiency Act. The Antideficiency Act prohibits federal agencies from incurring obligations exceeding an amount available in an appropriation.”

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/385979/feds-obama-broke-law-bergdahl-swap-joel-gehrke

Break the law and eat your cake too.

I hope Obama faces the same penalty as Bush faced for invading a sovereign nation on trumped-up charges.

You mean the same President Bush who had the approval of Congress to do so ?

As opposed to the President who unilaterally grants himself whatever political expediency fits his current agenda ??

I hope Obama faces the same penalty as Bush faced for invading a sovereign nation on trumped-up charges.

As opposed to the President who unilaterally grants himself whatever political expediency fits his current agenda ??

After Bush lied to them, presented false facts you mean.

And BrayWyatt - yeah, I agree. Presidents are getting way too much power. We're the Roman Republic circa 100BC right now. People have no idea the path we're headed down, and it's scary.

• Fire 1

And BrayWyatt - yeah, I agree. Presidents are getting way too much power. We're the Roman Republic circa 100BC right now. People have no idea the path we're headed down, and it's scary.

I agree with the bolded. serious question? How do you stop it?

I just like that now the guy is now going to college, while the whole details of his captivity are still sketchy at best...

Not one peep. Is there even an investigation going on? Was one even initiated? Last news blip was that his platoon had not even been contacted.

There was, but it just flew under the radar...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/06/us/bowe-bergdahl-case/index.html

I'm glad he got to tell his side, but I want to hear from those in his unit and his chain of command...

I just like that now the guy is now going to college, while the whole details of his captivity are still sketchy at best...

Not one peep. Is there even an investigation going on? Was one even initiated? Last news blip was that his platoon had not even been contacted.

There was, but it just flew under the radar...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/06/us/bowe-bergdahl-case/index.html

I'm glad he got to tell his side, but I want to hear from those in his unit and his chain of command...

This. Boots on the ground answers and view.

Thanks for the link.

lol

hook line and sinker

Presidents are getting way too much power. We're the Roman Republic circa 100BC right now. People have no idea the path we're headed down, and it's scary.

Congress needs to act. Kind of like Iraq . . . when there is a power vacuum someone will step in. The do nothing Congress has left a power vacuum . . . and when there are things that urgently need to be addressed the president will step in if Congress will not or can not grow up and do its job.

Presidents are getting way too much power. We're the Roman Republic circa 100BC right now. People have no idea the path we're headed down, and it's scary.

Congress needs to act. Kind of like Iraq . . . when there is a power vacuum someone will step in. The do nothing Congress has left a power vacuum . . . and when there are things that urgently need to be addressed the president will step in if Congress will not or can not grow up and do its job.

Just as Caesar stepped up, and Sulla before him. But then they murdered Caesar and entered a period (another period) of civil war, from which emerged one strong leader, Augustus, and the Empire was born.

Americans are ripe for such a leader. They are willingly led by the nose by anyone with a loud enough bullhorn.