Bowe Bergdahl- POW or Deserter?

Are you serious Clark? This fu&*#r is a deserter without a doubt.

Without a doubt, eh? Should be an easy case then. I'll wait for the outcome. You're welcome to assume whatever you like in the meantime.

I'm curious. What will it take to provide you with definitive proof? What if the investigation is conducted and the findings classified so that you never see it? What then?

I don't really believe in definitive proof. I'm more in the sufficient proof camp. I don't doubt that the investigation will be classified (for a time) but I'd be surprised if the results of a court-martial proceeding are classified.

But hey, you've got it all wrapped up. Why wait?

If he is found guilty as a deserter and I said if. Then the punishment by UCMJ could be the death penalty. I'm sure some of the information would be classified so we won't get all of the facts. But with the punish he would face they would at least release the verdict.

I'm sorry but what ever happened to the American mentality of innocent till proven guilty? Nothing has been proven yet it's all circumstantial at this point. You are worried about him being a deserter. I'm more worried about how was he with the taliban and yet still alive. When every other capture they took was beheaded shortly after with a film of it being released?

+1.

Are you serious Clark? This fu&*#r is a deserter without a doubt.

Without a doubt, eh? Should be an easy case then. I'll wait for the outcome. You're welcome to assume whatever you like in the meantime.

I'm curious. What will it take to provide you with definitive proof? What if the investigation is conducted and the findings classified so that you never see it? What then?

I don't really believe in definitive proof. I'm more in the sufficient proof camp. I don't doubt that the investigation will be classified (for a time) but I'd be surprised if the results of a court-martial proceeding are classified.

But hey, you've got it all wrapped up. Why wait?

So, in a potentially life and death situation, you're cool with sufficient proof? Huh, interesting.

I've got what, exactly, all wrapped up? Wait for what?

So, in a potentially life and death situation, you're cool with sufficient proof? Huh, interesting.

Sufficient proof is all we ever have, sir. Set the line (beyond a reasonable doubt works) and if you cross that line the proof is sufficient. (For that matter, all that you're requiring is sufficient proof. It's just that you set your bar at what you say is definite . . . but that word doesn't mean what you think that it means.)

There is no certainty beyond death, taxes, and that 1995 Nebraska was the best college football team to ever walk the face of the earth.

Wait for results. Why on earth are you in such a hurry to rush to judgment? What can be gained? I can sure tell you what could be lost.

Hagel said that they did not know the precise location of where the pickup would happen until about an hour before it happened. Just as I thought. That doesn't give you much time for recon.

This makes this sound even more ridiculous. So, you've got one hour to put a team together, a flight plan, coordinate air assets?

No way Chuck, you're full of sh*t...

Somebody should have told Chuck this isn't Hollywood, where they get a call from the terrorists saying where they want to make the swap, next scene, a bunch of guys getting a 20 second briefing from a full bird colonel, and cut to them jumping in a blackhawk and taking off...

Hagel said that they did not know the precise location of where the pickup would happen until about an hour before it happened. Just as I thought. That doesn't give you much time for recon.

This makes this sound even more ridiculous. So, you've got one hour to put a team together, a flight plan, coordinate air assets?

Somebody should have told Chuck this isn't Hollywood, where they get a call from the terrorists saying where they want to make the swap, next scene, a bunch of guys getting a 20 second briefing from a full bird colonel, and cut to them jumping in a blackhawk and taking off...

What is so hard to believe about this? Put yourself in the shoes of the captors. Why would you agree to a location well in advance knowing that the Americans have far superior reconnaissance and equipment? Also, just because they didn't give the exact location for an hour before the drop doesn't mean they didn't have a team ready to go. They must have known that the drop would be taking place within a given window of time. It wouldn't be that hard to coordinate air within an hour either. My guess is they were given an approximate location before they were given the exact location. The captors had the bargaining chip, we did not.

yea doesn't sound right. But never know it could be. Special forces could of already done their briefing then been on stand by. Waiting with a couple helicopter pilots in country for the location. It's possible, doubtful but possible.

Sufficient proof is all we ever have, sir. Set the line (beyond a reasonable doubt works) and if you cross that line the proof is sufficient. (For that matter, all that you're requiring is sufficient proof. It's just that you set your bar at what you say is definite . . . but that word doesn't mean what you think that it means.)

There is no certainty beyond death, taxes, and that 1995 Nebraska was the best college football team to ever walk the face of the earth.

Wait for results. Why on earth are you in such a hurry to rush to judgment? What can be gained? I can sure tell you what could be lost.

I certainly hope you're not inferring that I don't believe he deserves a fair and speedy trial by a jury of his peers. If you are, you couldn't be further from the truth. Just because everything I've seen and heard points to his guilt, he still deserves to defend himself.

What is so hard to believe about this? Put yourself in the shoes of the captors. Why would you agree to a location well in advance knowing that the Americans have far superior reconnaissance and equipment? Also, just because they didn't give the exact location for an hour before the drop doesn't mean they didn't have a team ready to go. They must have known that the drop would be taking place within a given window of time. It wouldn't be that hard to coordinate air within an hour either. My guess is they were given an approximate location before they were given the exact location. The captors had the bargaining chip, we did not.

I concur. There is no way the bad guys were going to give them a fix on their location, hours in advance. I guarantee there was a team on stand by and, once the location was known, air assets were orbiting in short order.

Maybe it has been said already but the US government owes it to every family to bring every person serving home. Dead or alive. Regardless of what their standing is within their platoon, company, brigade, battalion, social media, etc.I don't know if trading the 5 guys they traded was the best laid plan or not. I don't know what the going rate on prisoner exchanges are but he's back now and that is what matters. If it comes to light that he deserted, it will be handled appropriately.

At what price for this cat?

Who gets to notify the KIA's parents that their son died searching for a deserter?

Is the life of a soldier who has served honorably worth that of a deserter?

As I mentioned before, I don't know what the going rate is. Was he classified as a deserter when they sent these troops out looking for him?

Maybe it has been said already but the US government owes it to every family to bring every person serving home. Dead or alive. Regardless of what their standing is within their platoon, company, brigade, battalion, social media, etc.I don't know if trading the 5 guys they traded was the best laid plan or not. I don't know what the going rate on prisoner exchanges are but he's back now and that is what matters. If it comes to light that he deserted, it will be handled appropriately.

At what price for this cat?

Who gets to notify the KIA's parents that their son died searching for a deserter?

Is the life of a soldier who has served honorably worth that of a deserter?

As I mentioned before, I don't know what the going rate is. Was he classified as a deserter when they sent these troops out looking for him?

From what I have seen/heard, yes. He was classified as such within hours of his disappearance. Of course, that is my information and you may or may not agree with that.

For those of you whom applaud the release of these five exemplary human beings:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/06/isis-terror-leader-abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-was-released-by-obama-from-camp-bucca-in-2009/

I mean, what's the worst that could happen, amiright?

Considering they were enemy combatant prisoners, I am not sure anyone thought they were exemplary

Not in everyone's eyes, they weren't. There are many who feel that they never should have been there in the first place.

I was being facetious. I'll use the sarcasm emoti next time.

I certainly hope you're not inferring that I don't believe he deserves a fair and speedy trial by a jury of his peers. If you are, you couldn't be further from the truth. Just because everything I've seen and heard points to his guilt, he still deserves to defend himself.

Then why are you so anxious for everyone to say that he is definitely, undoubtedly, certainly a deserter?

• Fire 1