Huskers in the Draft

Should we expect a down year for baseball this season?

I'm not feeling too optimistic at this point. Hope I'm wrong.
I don't think we should expect a down year, I will wait until we get closer to next season.

I would like to see a good JUCO arm or 2 come in to help out. this team has talent but you take guys like PK out of a fairly inconsistent offense, you can expect things to be different. DOWN year... I dunno, it might be a rebuilding year. At this point I am not expecting them to be better than this year... DeLeon gone Sinclair says he might not stay, might be done with baseball all together possibly(rumored), Bublitz gone greco and Hirsch gone... thats the main staff from this season. There is a young nucleus of talent here. Pitching will be suspect until proven otherwise. tough to win conference titles and move on from there with a serious lack of pitching

Nebraska head coach Darin Erstad said Wednesday that he’s confident that draft picks Luis Alvarado and Garret King will end up in Husker uniforms. Alvarado was picked in the 33rd round by Boston and King was taken in the 36th round by the Mets.

“Based on where they’re drafted, the odds are in our favor,” Erstad said on Sports Nightly. “Now I say that and a team the day before the deadline comes and offers them a bunch of money. I don’t see that happening, but we’re not going to let our guard down either. We’re going to have both of those guys in our summer bridge program for the second five weeks…the odds are in our favor for this one, but you just never know.”

247 Bolt

• Fire 1

Nebraska head coach Darin Erstad said Wednesday that he’s confident that draft picks Luis Alvarado and Garret King will end up in Husker uniforms. Alvarado was picked in the 33rd round by Boston and King was taken in the 36th round by the Mets.

“Based on where they’re drafted, the odds are in our favor,” Erstad said on Sports Nightly. “Now I say that and a team the day before the deadline comes and offers them a bunch of money. I don’t see that happening, but we’re not going to let our guard down either. We’re going to have both of those guys in our summer bridge program for the second five weeks…the odds are in our favor for this one, but you just never know.”

247 Bolt

I love hearing that!