• 1 month later...

Thanks BRB. Some cool stuff there . . . that obesity map .gif is terrifying every single time.

One the teachers here at the high school had a BMI that was morbidly obese. He's a championship weight lifter - BMI can be on its own not an accurate measure of obesity

Thanks BRB. Some cool stuff there . . . that obesity map .gif is terrifying every single time.

One the teachers here at the high school had a BMI that was morbidly obese. He's a championship weight lifter - BMI can be on its own not an accurate measure of obesity

I look at BMI as an indicator of what MIGHT be there but it doesn't tell the whole story. Yes, there are people like the teacher you talked about. However, for every one of those, I bet there are 100 that the BMI is accurately determining as being over weight.

So, just because someone has a high BMI doesn't mean they are unhealthy. However, most people with a high BMI ARE unhealthy.

As a foodie and someone who lives in a large food producing state, I found this very interesting.

LINK

Does 12 mean corn is saving the world?

Well, we'd be mighty hungry without it. I'll bet one year with a total world-wide corn crop failure would throw the world into a famine.

I can't comment on the teacher your referring to... BUT....I have seen a lot of guys that could lift a building off of its foundation that I swear will be dead by the age of 50 from a heart attack. Just go to the Gold's Gym for an hour, you'll see 'em. Strong does not equal Healthy.

As a foodie and someone who lives in a large food producing state, I found this very interesting.

LINK

Does 12 mean corn is saving the world?

I actually thought that was a big jump to conclusion on that gif. Think about that area as throughout the year. It's not just corn. The entire area loses vegetation over the winter, it regrows in the spring and loses it again in the fall. This is true if the ground is covered with forest, corn, soybeans, wheat, pasture, lawn grass...etc.