What's the biggest reason for Blacks not advancing

I don't know what BRI has to say about releasing the information but I have no problem with it because the people protesting that this kid was just some innocent, fun loving person with not a bad bone in his body when in fact the opposite might be true.

So you're ok with a smear campaign? Because that's what it is . . .

The same thing is happening to the cop.

It is? How so?

People calling for his termination and brought up on charges and face the death penalty before they know the facts.

I don't know what BRI has to say about releasing the information but I have no problem with it because the people protesting that this kid was just some innocent, fun loving person with not a bad bone in his body when in fact the opposite might be true.

So you're ok with a smear campaign? Because that's what it is . . .

The same thing is happening to the cop.

It is? How so?

People calling for his termination and brought up on charges and face the death penalty before they know the facts.

That's not the same thing at all. A smear campaign would be me bringing up an email he sent where he told a racist joke.

Did you know Trayvon Martin smoked weed?

Little different than being a suspect in a robbery wouldn't you say?

Different, yes. But equivalently irrelevant to their deaths.

Not really because if Brown was a suspect in a strong arm robbery that shows that he has potential violent tendencies. And then you have a cop who says there was a fight for his gun.

That's not the same thing at all. A smear campaign would be me bringing up an email he sent where he told a racist joke.

And you think for a second that wouldn't get blasted on every front page of every news site if something like that did come out?

Oh it would. But it currently isn't happening, is it?

Not really because if Brown was a suspect in a strong arm robbery that shows that he has potential violent tendencies. And then you have a cop who says there was a fight for his gun.

It's a big leap from stole a box of cigars and pushed a guy to stole a cop's gun and tried to kill him. Colossal leap, actually.

It's a big leap from stole a box of cigars and pushed a guy to stole a cop's gun and tried to kill him. Colossal leap, actually.

I disagree but I respect your position.

So then where is the smear campaign on the kid?

You've already fallen for it. Bringing up that he is a *suspect* in an entirely unrelated, minor crime as an effort to paint him as a hyper-violent criminal that the officer would naturally be afraid of.

Oh it would. But it currently isn't happening, is it?

Absolutely, it is. We live in a time of sensationalism, and in this particular case, we've got two camps that want very, very badly for the facts to swing in the direction of their ideological biases, which is too bad.

I was just pushing back against the notion that this is happening as some sort of racism thing. I don't think it is. I think this is the Ferguson police believing that their guy is being railroaded by the media and pushing back. If that's not what you were getting at, I apologize.

You've already fallen for it. Bringing up that he is a *suspect* in an entirely unrelated, minor crime as an effort to paint him as a hyper-violent criminal that the officer would naturally be afraid of.

It shows he maybe wasn't the gentle giant the protestors and media are portraying him to be.

It shows he maybe wasn't the gentle giant the protestors and media are portraying him to be.
Bingo, he's not, maybe he didn't deserve to die, but his actions are being overlooked and all the attention is being put on the officer and his perceived incorrect actions without all the facts.

I'm opening a hardware store, screw it! :lol:

I've seen this in a couple places in regards to the Ferguson PD though not this officer specifically. That's clearly an attempt to smear the FPD.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ferguson-police-2009-assaulted-black-man

Here's the same kind of garbage that started getting circulated about Trayvon Martin. Also clearly meant to smear his image like the robbery report.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-michael-brown-was-a-local-gangster-seen-flashing-gang-signs/

This reminds me of the Bergdahl incident. Some swear he was a captive and others a deserter. Both "knowing" their guys are correct. I

Bottom line this country has due process. The right to a fair trial and innocent until proven guilty. Some of y'all have already tried and convicted the cop. Think this police officer will get a fair trial? My a$$. he has already been found guilty by the court of public opinion. If he is innocent, his career there is over, he now has to deal with the taking of a human life and a future of death threats and crap for his family. Great "win". If he is guilty of murder, then he should be tried and convicted. That's the courts job.

I am glad I have the option of passing judgment/sorting out the facts in the confines of my house instead of on the street in the split second it takes to end a human life.

• Fire 2