What's the biggest reason for Blacks not advancing

I am just saying, the cop deserves a fair trial if it comes to that.

He sure does and it's a damned shame that he denied Michael Brown the same.

I am glad that you are privy to the facts and outcome of the investigation. Please post when the non-disclosure statement has expired. Thanks.

What?

That's walksalone's line. Come up with something new.

It wasn't a line. I don't/didn't understand what lo country was asking in the quoted post.

Releasing the robbery report but not the shooting report at the same time is super-lol. Especially since the officer in question had zero knowledge of the robbery.

Exactly. There is only one reason why that would be released . . . and some people are jumping all over it. I suppose that shouldn't surprise me.

Don't know if you mean me or not? If you do just say so and don't beat around the bush. They aren't going to release the bulk of the information because it's still being investigated. I think they should've released some info at the same time as the video, but they may not be able to release anymore info until the investigation is finished.

It wasn't directed at you. That was more about a certain online media presence.

I did direct some later questions towards you. Does your department allow unattributed reports to be released directly to the public . . . no officers name on the bottom?

When we release something, we release something, we don't try to hide anything, but we've never had the need to or had an event like this occur before either.

I always get a kick out of folks that have never been in situations that LEO's or soldiers find themselves in, but yet take the time to take the moral high ground. Not to mention casting judgement on a situation they only have second hand knowledge of because they were not there...

• Fire 1

Guys, can we really believe anything coming out of the mouths of any Ferguson police officer?

Really? Can we really believe anything we're reading from the news source right now? Give me a break.........

Last I checked, the news sources weren't the ones sending tear gas and rubber bullets into what were peaceful protests.

How'd they come to the conclusion that Mike was a potential suspect in the robbery case? Because he was around the area?

http://fox2now.com/2014/08/15/fox2-ask-veteran-police-officer-to-review-robbery-surveillance-video/

How'd they come to the conclusion that Mike was a potential suspect in the robbery case? EDIT: See that there is video surveillance of what could be Mike Brown. However, the officer who shot him had no clue he was a potential suspect in the robbery case. That's a very big factor.

• Fire 1

I always get a kick out of folks that have never been in situations that LEO's or soldiers find themselves in, but yet take the time to take the moral high ground. Not to mention casting judgement on a situation they only have second hand knowledge of because they were not there...

Last I checked, the news sources weren't the ones sending tear gas and rubber bullets into what were peaceful protests.

exactly

First off we are still dealing with a incomplete picture of what happened, And I think we should all wait to make any rash decisions much like what happened with the Trayvon Martin death.

Secondly regarding the cop knowing if Michael brown was a suspected strong armored robber. For the wording I heard during the police press release, was that the officer didn't know the description of the suspect at the time of the officers FIRST contact with Brown. But it is entirely possible that after he first confronted the two men that his radio came across with th discription which led to the physical interaction of The officer and brown.

I hope everyone allowed more information to come out before attacking either of the men involved I this case, let's not turn this into duke or any number of other news based tragities.

• Fire 1

I don't think anybody here is attacking either party. I think we are all saying our thoughts and then defending them with what evidence is known. Nothing wrong with that. I'll change my tune if evidence comes out that the cop was actually in the right and that Brown presented enough of a danger to use deadly force. For the time being, I don't think that was the case.

There are reports out there that Brown might have been involved in a robbery. That's fine, but it doesn't change anything because the officer did not know that Brown was a potential suspect. So the police releasing that information is to me an attempt at justifying their potential brutality by saying that x officer was doing a service to the community.

exactly

Apologies for having an opinion, sir. It won't happen again, sir.

You see, sir, the only way any of us can view this situation is through our own eyes and our own backgrounds, sir. I can only imagine how I'd react if I was in a similar situation, sir. And sir I don't think I would have shot Mike Brown, sir. I understand that cops have a different background, sir, and that that background leads them to maybe reacting differently in similar situations. But sir I think that even most cops would disagree with mystery cop's actions towards Mike Brown, sir.

• Fire 1

Releasing the robbery report but not the shooting report at the same time is super-lol. Especially since the officer in question had zero knowledge of the robbery.

Exactly. There is only one reason why that would be released . . . and some people are jumping all over it. I suppose that shouldn't surprise me.

Don't know if you mean me or not? If you do just say so and don't beat around the bush. They aren't going to release the bulk of the information because it's still being investigated. I think they should've released some info at the same time as the video, but they may not be able to release anymore info until the investigation is finished.

It wasn't directed at you. That was more about a certain online media presence.

I did direct some later questions towards you. Does your department allow unattributed reports to be released directly to the public . . . no officers name on the bottom?

When we release something, we release something, we don't try to hide anything, but we've never had the need to or had an event like this occur before either.

Is that quiet criticism of how the Ferguson PD is handling this? Because they are hiding things.
Is that quiet criticism of how the Ferguson PD is handling this? Because they are hiding things.

Yes and no, I find it surprising they didn't release information about the altercation between the two of them when they released the video of Brown being involved in a burglary minutes earlier. However, if an outside agency is doing the investigation into the shooting they may not allow them to release any further information until the investigation is complete. Which isn't completed at the snap of a few fingers.

Here in Iowa if an officer is involved in an officer involved shooting the Division of Criminal Investigation (DCI) takes control of the investigation and will usually take a week or two to come to an official conclusion on what occurred and how it occurred. To release all the information before an agency has reached this conclusion is premature and somewhat reckless because that information can change. I understand they were trying to quell the riot situation, but I wouldn't have released as much information until the investigation was completed by the outside agency. I would've only said:

"One of our officers was involved in an officer involved shooting on X date. Our officer was en route to another call when he came across two individuals walking in the roadway blocking traffic. Our officer went out with these subjects at some point and some sort of an altercation occurred resulting in our officer discharging his weapon and unfortunately one of the individuals was shot and has since died from his wounds. I've asked an outside agency to conduct the investigation into this situation to make sure that our officer was justified in his actions and ultimately made the correct decisions. By doing this I'm ensuring that the incident is investigated completely. Once this outside agency has given me the okay to release more information along with names and more particulars of the situation I will call another press conference and we will release that information. I ask for patience in this situation and my heart goes out to the family of the individual that has died and my heart goes out to my officer as well. These are difficult situations to deal with and we want to make sure we get it right."