Israeli military gets revenge.

/edit: Heh, that's weird. The post of BrayWyatt's from 06 Aug 2014 - 07:31 AM that I quoted from seems to have disappeared. Okay now, who deleted it?? :lol:

If it contained Hooked on Huskers' quote slandering a specific ethnic group, it's been moved to the Offending Posts thread in the Woodshed. There's no place for that here.

Ha ha! Yeah, I cut all that inflammatory stuff out of the post I quoted since it wasn't germane to what I was commenting on.

As for the Palestinians, I'm not saying that all Palestinian civilians have clean hands. In fact, I suspect some of them work closely with Hamas, or otherwise support Hamas, even if they themselves don't participate in terrorist activities. But I also think there are a lot of innocent Palestinians who have nothing to do with the terrorists, but are nonetheless getting killed by by some of Israel's actions.

Of coarse there are innocent Palestinians. Just like there are innocent Iraqis, Iranians, North Koreans, Afghanistans....etc.

Funny thing is, this all started over 3 Israeli kids that were killed by Palestinians with no proof of that even being the case...

They need to wipe each other out. The sooner both of those entities were gone from the earth, things start getting a little bit better...

Saying that the murder of three kids "started" this is a gross oversimplification of what is going on over there. Hamas has a stated goal of genocide. They are trying to bring in real powers on their side to kill the Israelis, as they have no hope of defeating them as a nation. Hence the PR war with placing rockets on top of hospitals. They are trying, and succeeding in large part, of stoking the fires of antisemitism, hoping it will bring about the end of Israel.

Hamas, ISIS and the like need to be stomped out like cockroaches. There can be no peace with zealots that want to kill anyone who does not share their radicalism.

• Fire 2

Funny thing is, this all started over 3 Israeli kids that were killed by Palestinians with no proof of that even being the case...

They need to wipe each other out. The sooner both of those entities were gone from the earth, things start getting a little bit better...

Saying that the murder of three kids "started" this is a gross oversimplification of what is going on over there. Hamas has a stated goal of genocide. They are trying to bring in real powers on their side to kill the Israelis, as they have no hope of defeating them as a nation. Hence the PR war with placing rockets on top of hospitals. They are trying, and succeeding in large part, of stoking the fires of antisemitism, hoping it will bring about the end of Israel.

Hamas, ISIS and the like need to be stomped out like cockroaches. There can be no peace with zealots that want to kill anyone who does not share their radicalism.

This particular round of BS was started by these three kids being killed. Anything done by the whatever side that could be construed as aggression is used as a rallying cry to wipe out the other side. Just so happened three Israeli kids got smoked, this was all the christ killers needed to go to Def Con 1 to start f*cking up some fundamentalist douchebags

This particular round of BS was started by these three kids being killed. Anything done by the whatever side that could be construed as aggression is used as a rallying cry to wipe out the other side. Just so happened three Israeli kids got smoked, this was all the christ killers needed to go to Def Con 1 to start f*cking up some fundamentalist douchebags

If Israel wanted to "wipe out" Gaza, it would be gone. Plain and simple. There were also a dozens of rockets fired from Gaza into Israel after those kids were killed.

If Israel wanted to "wipe out" Gaza, it would be gone. Plain and simple. There were also a dozens of rockets fired from Gaza into Israel after those kids were killed.

And I guess thats one thing that baffles me, if the Israeli's have so much hatred for the Palestinians and Hamas, then whats stopping them? They could just claim that they were doing this in the name of "God", and everything would be honkey dorey...

How Israel got American weapons behind Obama's back

OK...I think it's a valid debate if Obama is handling this situation correctly.

BUT....Screw you Netanyahu. As long as you are getting guns and bombs from us free. PLUS millions of dollars in other aid. PLUS, your actions will always be tied to us, we WILL always second guess everything you friggen do.

Dadgummit that attitude pisses me off. He acts like he is just simply entitled to do what ever he wants with our name tied to it.

OK.....how about this jerk off....instead of second guessing you, we will just stop all aid to Israel. Let's see how long your azz lasts on this planet.

Vox is really troubling me lately. It seems too TMZ-ish to be my go-to news.

"Israel got American weapons behind Obama's back" is a nice, provocative title and really gets the clicks, I'm sure, but it's preposterous to believe that the Pentagon is just handing out weapons to foreign nations without approval.

The premise that the president doesn't know what's going on is fun - we've heard the doddering old man story about Reagan and Bush, the horny skirt-chaser about Clinton, the stupidity of Bush and now the blitheness of Obama. But none of these men became the most powerful man in the world because they're idiots, and none of them were clueless about what was going on in foreign policy. It beggars belief, and it's demonstrably not true about all of them.

So we're to believe that Obama is completely unaware that Israel is getting weapons from America. This story would make Obama's hands appear a bit cleaner in the Gaza destruction, maybe at the cost of his image, but the end goal seems to be deniability of some kind. The explanation of "Israel went straight to the Pentagon" and (presumably) some Pentagon apparatchik just stamped a few forms and viola! the weapons were shipped is certainly understandable - if this were a movie.

But it isn't believable. If Israel illicitly obtained weapons from the Pentagon, anyone involved at the Pentagon would be brought up on charges. The US could immediately pull all aid from Israel under such sneaky circumstances, a death-blow considering their relationship with their neighbors. The people authorizing weapons shipments at the Pentagon have bosses, whose bosses ultimately report to the Commander in Chief. The chain of culpability is pretty easy to define here. We're expected to believe that nobody at any level questioned why we would send weapons to a nation we've said we're not sending weapons to? Nope.

Nobody is being charged, or apparently even investigated, at the Pentagon, which would absolutely happen in such a situation. Nobody, let alone the president, is talking about cutting ties with Israel. Aside from some frowns & vague finger-shaking at pressers, Obama isn't doing anything to put teeth to the notion that we'd sever any kind of tie with Israel. Nothing at all.

Vox is really troubling me lately. It seems too TMZ-ish to be my go-to news.

"Israel got American weapons behind Obama's back" is a nice, provocative title and really gets the clicks, I'm sure, but it's preposterous to believe that the Pentagon is just handing out weapons to foreign nations without approval.

The premise that the president doesn't know what's going on is fun - we've heard the doddering old man story about Reagan and Bush, the horny skirt-chaser about Clinton, the stupidity of Bush and now the blitheness of Obama. But none of these men became the most powerful man in the world because they're idiots, and none of them were clueless about what was going on in foreign policy. It beggars belief, and it's demonstrably not true about all of them.

So we're to believe that Obama is completely unaware that Israel is getting weapons from America. This story would make Obama's hands appear a bit cleaner in the Gaza destruction, maybe at the cost of his image, but the end goal seems to be deniability of some kind. The explanation of "Israel went straight to the Pentagon" and (presumably) some Pentagon apparatchik just stamped a few forms and viola! the weapons were shipped is certainly understandable - if this were a movie.

But it isn't believable. If Israel illicitly obtained weapons from the Pentagon, anyone involved at the Pentagon would be brought up on charges. The US could immediately pull all aid from Israel under such sneaky circumstances, a death-blow considering their relationship with their neighbors. The people authorizing weapons shipments at the Pentagon have bosses, whose bosses ultimately report to the Commander in Chief. The chain of culpability is pretty easy to define here. We're expected to believe that nobody at any level questioned why we would send weapons to a nation we've said we're not sending weapons to? Nope.

Nobody is being charged, or apparently even investigated, at the Pentagon, which would absolutely happen in such a situation. Nobody, let alone the president, is talking about cutting ties with Israel. Aside from some frowns & vague finger-shaking at pressers, Obama isn't doing anything to put teeth to the notion that we'd sever any kind of tie with Israel. Nothing at all.

Knapp,

I sort of agree with you on Vox. I have been disappointed in a few of their articles lately.

However, my post wasn't necessarily about the arms exchange or even if they went behind Obama's back or if he knew about it. It was about Netanyahu's attitude. This is the main point of my post.

The last straw for many U.S. diplomats came on Aug. 2 when they say Israeli officials leaked to the media that Mr. Netanyahu had told the U.S. ambassador to Israel, Dan Shapiro, that the Obama administration was "not to ever second-guess me again" about how to deal with Hamas.

It will be interesting to see if more comes out of on this quote.

senior Hamas official admitted for the first time on Wednesday that the organization's armed wing, the Kassam Brigades, was behind the kidnapping and murder of Israeli teens Nafatli Fraenkel, Gil-Ad Shaer and Eyal Yifrah in the West Bank in June.

The Hamas official, Salah al-Aruri made the comments during a conference of Islamic clerics in Turkey. He praised the "heroic action of the Kassam Brigades who kidnapped three settlers in Hebron."

http://www.jpost.com/Arab-Israeli-Conflict/In-first-Hamas-official-takes-credit-for-kidnap-and-murder-of-Israeli-teens-371703

That was all focused at Vox, and none at you, BRB. Their reporting is.... weird.

If you look around at media from all over, there are some issues with how everyone is reporting on the Israel/Gaza battle. In nearly all of it, the tone is that the Palestinians are poor victims of Israeli aggression, which is simply not the case. It can be hard to look at the bias and not think there is some level of antisemitism permeating the media.