Bo on Stringfellow....Ouch....

@HailVarsity: Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze fires back at Bo Pelini over Damore'ea Stringfellow comment: http://t.co/jcuMspR6mx #Huskers

Freeze just said 'prove it' to Bo. Really though, this is not the first time Freeze's recruiting tactics have been suggested to be suspect.

I liked the line about how Bo and Freeze are colleagues. Hey Hugh, maybe, as a colleague, you can try not pouching players after they signed transfer papers to another school?

But can it be proven? Oh it can't? Well then.

attachicon.gifpaid.jpg

attachicon.gifpaid3.jpg

attachicon.gifpaid4.jpg

Yeah...High schoold kids just so happen to bring loads of money on their recruiting trips...Ummm, okay

Daaaamn...is that seriously during the Ole Miss visit???

@HailVarsity: Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze fires back at Bo Pelini over Damore'ea Stringfellow comment: http://t.co/jcuMspR6mx #Huskers

Freeze just said 'prove it' to Bo. Really though, this is not the first time Freeze's recruiting tactics have been suggested to be suspect.

I liked the line about how Bo and Freeze are colleagues. Hey Hugh, maybe, as a colleague, you can try not pouching players after they signed transfer papers to another school?

attachicon.gifpaid.jpg

attachicon.gifpaid3.jpg

attachicon.gifpaid4.jpg

Yeah...High schoold kids just so happen to bring loads of money on their recruiting trips...Ummm, okay

Is Stringfellow one of those people? But other than that I think my favorite part of this is the implication the Nebraska teams of the glory days operated above board in all aspects.

Only 29 so would you refresh my memory of some of those instances?

attachicon.gifpaid.jpg

attachicon.gifpaid3.jpg

attachicon.gifpaid4.jpg

Is Stringfellow one of those people? But other than that I think my favorite part of this is the implication the Nebraska teams of the glory days operated above board in all aspects.
I find this a bit naïve or intentional ignorance. Still, the onus of proof is on the accuser, so if you feel like you are giving Ole Miss the benefit of the doubt, I cannot fully blame you there.

However, no one is talking about Nebraska (directly or implicitly), so it just seems like you are trying to deflect now.

Is Ole Miss completely above board? Absolutely not but I'm willing to guarantee that Nebraska isn't either, nor where they when they were winning championships. And we are talking about the head coach at Nebraska snorting at the Ole Miss coach and a parent for improper practices,making with bringing the kids character into it, which is something that warranted a "second chance" so long as he wore an N I guess.

Is Ole Miss completely above board? Absolutely not but I'm willing to guarantee that Nebraska isn't either, nor where they when they were winning championships. And we are talking about the head coach at Nebraska snorting at the Ole Miss coach and a parent for improper practices,making with bringing the kids character into it, which is something that warranted a "second chance" so long as he wore an N I guess.

??? I am getting lost in your logic a bit (partially because you are now trying to rope Nebraska into this). Stringfellow made a mistake at Washington, and he was looking for a second shot. Obviously, Nebraska and some other schools were willing to give him one (no problem there).

When he broke his commitment to Nebraska that obviously rubbed Nebraska fans the wrong way, but that does not mean he should lose his second chance.

Now, if Bo's accusations about Ole Miss not being above board in their recruitment of him have any merit, I could see where you could start questioning if he deserves a second chance, as that would suggest he is creating new problems and making more bad decisions rather than trying to grow and learn from his previous ones. Really though, my problem would be more with Ole Miss rather than any one recruit.

My issue with the kids "character" are with the fact that he flat out lied to everyone. Bo gave him a second chance. Within days of committing and signing his papers, he was fielding interviews and talking to anyone who would give him an outlet. He told everyone how he loved Nebraska, the players, staff, family atmosphere, etc, and was ready to come and start anew. Then, like 2 weeks later, he magically bails and we hear excuses from his mom about travel costs (which were debunked).

It was a load of sh#t. This was a Tevin Mitchell type deal.

I do find it amusing that you're trying to paint Nebraska as the bad guy here.

My issue with the kids "character" are with the fact that he flat out lied to everyone. Bo gave him a second chance. Within days of committing and signing his papers, he was fielding interviews and talking to anyone who would give him an outlet. He told everyone how he loved Nebraska, the players, staff, family atmosphere, etc, and was ready to come and start anew. Then, like 2 weeks later, he magically bails and we hear excuses from his mom about travel costs (which were debunked).

Nebraska isn't a bad guy. And I'm not trying to do any painting as such.

But to pretend Nebraska is the pious being in the dirty, soiled eeeeeeevil world of recruiting is pretty laughable.

But to pretend Nebraska is the pious being in the dirty, soiled eeeeeeevil world of recruiting is pretty laughable.

When a situation arises in which the recruiting tactics of Ole Miss come under question, you say

But without even a slight indication that Bo is participating in underhanded strategies, you want us to assume something questionable is happening (or you are at least willing to entertain the notion)?

I'm willing to guarantee that Nebraska isn't [above board]

• Fire 5

When a situation arises in which the recruiting tactics of Ole Miss come under question, you say

But without even a slight indication that Bo is participating in underhanded strategies, you want us to assume some questionable is happening (or you are at least willing to entertain the notion)?

I'm willing to guarantee that Nebraska isn't [above board]

Oh damn dude. Polo, you just got roasted.

Actually, it's not laughable. To lump Nebraska in with Ole Miss, notorious cheaters, under the "everybody does it" argument is just plain offensive and makes me wonder why you even cheer for NU, assuming that you do.

Did we always have choir boys in the glory days? Of course not, but we went out of our way under TO to do the right thing, run a clean program and develop young men. We're doing the same under Bo. You think quality young men like Kenny, Ameer and Rex come here because we run a dirty program? You think Ron Brown and TO are hypocrites?

As mentioned before, there's always going to be minor violations by individuals in any program, including NU, because there's no way to make sure 100 young men always make the right decisions. But to compare that to the blatant, systematic, wholesale cheating in the south is just ludicrous.

• Fire 4