Best case/Worst case: Nebraska

yup, anything is possible......if we have as many injuries as the Texas Rangers had this season, we will be lucky to play .500 ball.

So hypothetically lets say we lose Ameer, Armstrong, Bell, Banderas, and Gregory. Those are some pretty significant injuries for this team.

Is that so bad that we'd lose to one of Florida Atlantic, McNeese St, Illinois, Rutgers, Fresno or Purdue? I don't think so. And we should be able to get at least 1 win against the rest of the 6 on the schedule, plus whatever toilet bowl team we draw.

For this team to go 6-6, there'd have to be far more more than injuries at work...something like 2007 where the team packed it in.

Only the defense packed it in in 2007. The offense under Joe Ganz at the end were doing every thing they could to win.

So, best case there is no way we can beat MSU. Good to know.

I wouldn't really agree with their assertion that MSU is a sure loss - we've arguably outplayed them 3 years in a row. I do agree with what they're getting at though: even in a great year, where everything comes together, it's highly unlikely that there won't be a stumble along the way. I'd personally nominate either the Wisconsin or Miami game.

I guess that I think if this team puts it together their is nothing on the schedule to stop them in the regular season. The difficulty in our schedule is the high number of good teams on the road, not playing a couple great teams. If we really do stop the turnover bug, which I don't really see, we are a head above all our competition.

Our ceiling to me is not greater than all in a playoff, however, imho.

I guess that I think if this team puts it together their is nothing on the schedule to stop them in the regular season. The difficulty in our schedule is the high number of good teams on the road, not playing a couple great teams. If we really do stop the turnover bug, which I don't really see, we are a head above all our competition.

Our ceiling to me is not greater than all in a playoff, however, imho.

Very true, I think MSU will be good and tough to beat if they don't buy into the hype. Wisconsin I have a hard time seeing us not beating this year. They have a lot to replace on defense and no passing game to speak of. That game is a long way down the road though and they may improve a lot before we play.

Best case is a Big 10 championship if this happens and we have only 1 loss than I think we make the playoffs. Worst case, I still have a hard time seeing anything worse than 8-4.

yup, anything is possible......if we have as many injuries as the Texas Rangers had this season, we will be lucky to play .500 ball.

So hypothetically lets say we lose Ameer, Armstrong, Bell, Banderas, and Gregory. Those are some pretty significant injuries for this team.

Is that so bad that we'd lose to one of Florida Atlantic, McNeese St, Illinois, Rutgers, Fresno or Purdue? I don't think so. And we should be able to get at least 1 win against the rest of the 6 on the schedule, plus whatever toilet bowl team we draw.

For this team to go 6-6, there'd have to be far more more than injuries at work...something like 2007 where the team packed it in.

Only the defense packed it in in 2007. The offense under Joe Ganz at the end were doing every thing they could to win.

The offense was crap until Ganz took over though.

The offense was crap until Ganz took over though.

Being a bad offense and packing it in are totally different things, wouldn't you say?