AD, coach Bo Pelini on same page

Nobody

Eichorst, who's entering his second full year after succeeding Tom Osborne, said he has three priorities for every coach at Nebraska.

"Represent the University of Nebraska with honor and distinction, No. 1. No. 2, give our kids, our students, an exceptional opportunity they can't get anywhere else. And then compete for championships. Everybody wants to win. But you can't win 'em all. And you've got to have reasonable expectations."

Asked if Pelini has met the three priorities to his satisfaction, Eichorst said, "Sure. I think so, yeah. I think folks are well-intended. There is no question about it."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11349057/bo-pelini-nebraska-cornhuskers-backed-athletic-director-shawn-eichorst

Unrelated Sidenote: RIP Robin WIlliams

what did eichorst do wrong last season and what lesson does he need to learn?

Not commenting on Bo's job and letting the whole state go crazy.

I'm fairly certain that didn't happen.

Me too. It isn't his job to make his underling feel rosy and secure. Besides, if he had come out and given him the infamous "vote of confidence" before the season ended, history has shown that's not airtight either.

• Fire 1

what did eichorst do wrong last season and what lesson does he need to learn?

Not commenting on Bo's job and letting the whole state go crazy.
I'm fairly certain that didn't happen.

Me too. It isn't his job to make his underling feel rosy and secure. Besides, if he had come out and given him the infamous "vote of confidence" before the season ended, history has shown that's not airtight either.

To say the least.

I don't really care that he didn't publicly say "Bo Pelini is coming back - period," until after the game. As a method of controlling the media, I think his "evaluate when the season ends" stance is a good one.

That said, while we can't know exactly what happened, I think he pretty clearly kept Bo in the dark as well, and that contributed to the catastrophic outcome of the Iowa game. If he hadn't decided to keep him yet, that's one thing - but how could he not have? The Iowa game went worse than almost anyone could've imagined, so I have to believe that if Eichorst hadn't already decided, Bo would've been gone. Which comes back to what I think was Eichorst's fumble: we may not have beaten Iowa, but it would've been a heck of a lot closer had Bo not lost his mind, and I doubt he loses his mind if he's been told he's NU's guy in 2014, no matter what happens.

• Fire 1

I don't really care that he didn't publicly say "Bo Pelini is coming back - period," until after the game. As a method of controlling the media, I think his "evaluate when the season ends" stance is a good one.

That said, while we can't know exactly what happened, I think he pretty clearly kept Bo in the dark as well, and that contributed to the catastrophic outcome of the Iowa game. If he hadn't decided to keep him yet, that's one thing - but how could he not have? The Iowa game went worse than almost anyone could've imagined, so I have to believe that if Eichorst hadn't already decided, Bo would've been gone. Which comes back to what I think was Eichorst's fumble: we may not have beaten Iowa, but it would've been a heck of a lot closer had Bo not lost his mind, and I doubt he loses his mind if he's been told he's NU's guy in 2014, no matter what happens.

Yeah, if Bo can't be a professional and keep it within three scores on senior day, almost hit a ref, curse out the media and dare his boss to fire him without being told how special he is by his boss this whole situation is probably a fait accompli

• Fire 5

Yeah, if Bo can't be a professional and keep it within three scores on senior day, almost hit a ref, curse out the media and dare his boss to fire him without being told how special he is by his boss this whole situation is probably a fait accompli

Because that's literally what LukeinNE said.

He didn't say it all. It's what happened.

He didn't say it all. It's what happened.

It's a version. If sensationalism is your thing.