Eichorst: Moving Student Seats Needs to Be Considered

Mavric

Add some extra rows right behind their sideline, and perhaps in the end zones, and let them spread out and go crazy.

There is really not any room to do this.

Well, add it to the list of stadium expansions that need to be done (according to fans). They can do it while they are putting the upper deck on the North end zone and making the field clear, so you can put fans underneath the field and watch the game.

:sarcasm

Why not sell $25 GA tickets to the public 30 minutes before kickoff? This gives the students enough time to get as close as they can and they can get an idea of how many seats are available to sell. I can bring my family of 4 to a game for $100 bucks. I will be sitting as high and away from the student section as I can and I assume there are others in my position who would fill the top rows. There wouldn't be many tickets available to high profile games, but I would guess the people interested in these seats are there for their first game or are taking someone to their first game so the opponent wouldn't be much of an issue. There's probably alot wrong with this idea, but I've always wondered about it.

Why not sell $25 GA tickets to the public 30 minutes before kickoff? This gives the students enough time to get as close as they can and they can get an idea of how many seats are available to sell. I can bring my family of 4 to a game for $100 bucks. I will be sitting as high and away from the student section as I can and I assume there are others in my position who would fill the top rows. There wouldn't be many tickets available to high profile games, but I would guess the people interested in these seats are there for their first game or are taking someone to their first game so the opponent wouldn't be much of an issue. There's probably alot wrong with this idea, but I've always wondered about it.

That's the point. Your family probably doesn't want to sit with the crowd that ends up near the top hahahah. Your kids might be offered a pull or two of a flask.

The objection that immediately springs into my mind is what happens when it's raining sideways for the McNeese St. game? Goodbye, sellout streak.

The student section was definitely not full for the Michigan State game. You could clearly see it during the broadcast.

ZSRjTik.jpg

It must have been during the 2nd half or something. I could have sworn I read articles about it the next day. Maybe I'm taking crazy pills.

The objection that immediately springs into my mind is what happens when it's raining sideways for the McNeese St. game? Goodbye, sellout streak.

Also, that means there is no guarantee of tickets, and people don't like not having a guarantee. No family of 4 with kids is going to wait around the stadium hoping for a possible chance at maybe getting a few tickets.

This would be a good solution if we weren't Nebraska, that is, if we didn't care about our stadium being at 100% capacity.

I really enjoy checking Husker message boards to see the posters complain about the sellout streak being in jeopardy. It's especially funny when the same posters have never been to a game at Memorial Stadium, and don't plan on doing so any time soon.

Which specific posters are you referring to? Can you tell us their usernames so we can let them know that they are being hypocrites please?

I really enjoy checking Husker message boards to see the posters complain about the sellout streak being in jeopardy. It's especially funny when the same posters have never been to a game at Memorial Stadium, and don't plan on doing so any time soon.

Which specific posters are you referring to? Can you tell us their usernames so we can let them know that they are being hypocrites please?

Most of them aren't on this board. They are on this other board I used to frequent. That board was full of guys that had never been to a Husker game in their life, but they were these "huge fans". A lot of the guys on that board had super boners for Callahan, and have been very critical of Bo, Osborne, and now Eichorst (for not firing Bo).

Most of them aren't on this board. They are on this other board I used to frequent. That board was full of guys that had never been to a Husker game in their life, but they were these "huge fans". A lot of the guys on that board had super boners for Callahan, and have been very critical of Bo, Osborne, and now Eichorst (for not firing Bo).

I can second this...in fact...there were many Husker fans on those other sites that are just like he is explaining.

RSS?

Didn't someone say the student section is always sold out but they all congregate down closer to the field giving the impression there are seats still available?

I went to the Unversity of Nebraska, the seat assignment in student section is more like a suggestion.