Miami

okaive

No doubt the Cornhuskers have the better looking offensive stats right now but at the same time the Canes started a 'true' freshman at a road venue to start the season... Now he has improved and as he improves throughout the season so will Duke's numbers. Louisville consistently stacked the box with 8-9 players Labor Day night and truthfully the numbers for the offense were horrible that night. As the offense opens up for Miami vertically it will force teams to no longer stack the box.

Now if I'm Nebraska, I stack the box on Kaaya and force him to throw downfield.

Regarding AA and Duke.. If you look at yards per carry... AA: 6.9 Duke: 6.4. These numbers are more comparable in Duke's case. Duke has run the ball 14 less times than AA.

I honestly have no idea which one of the two are better but I'm sure by the end of year we will definitely know.

We also have to look at level of competition

NU has played FAU, McNeese St and Fresno St

Miami has played L-Ville, FAMU and Arkansas St

Again, not really certain who has had the tougher road.

All this being said.. Nebraska has the better team at this point and in my opinion it's due to the lack of experience at QB. Kaaya may have the goods to be a 'good' college quarterback but he needs the reps to get there.

No doubt the Cornhuskers have the better looking offensive stats right now but at the same time the Canes started a 'true' freshman at a road venue to start the season... Now he has improved and as he improves throughout the season so will Duke's numbers. Louisville consistently stacked the box with 8-9 players Labor Day night and truthfully the numbers for the offense were horrible that night. As the offense opens up for Miami vertically it will force teams to no longer stack the box.

Now if I'm Nebraska, I stack the box on Kaaya and force him to throw downfield.

Regarding AA and Duke.. If you look at yards per carry... AA: 6.9 Duke: 6.4. These numbers are more comparable in Duke's case. Duke has run the ball 14 less times than AA.

I honestly have no idea which one of the two are better but I'm sure by the end of year we will definitely know.

We also have to look at level of competition

NU has played FAU, McNeese St and Fresno St

Miami has played L-Ville, FAMU and Arkansas St

Again, not really certain who has had the tougher road.

All this being said.. Nebraska has the better team at this point and in my opinion it's due to the lack of experience at QB. Kaaya may have the goods to be a 'good' college quarterback but he needs the reps to get there.

Thanks for the info. We definitely have been in that situation and know how you feel.

From his stats, I'm assuming he is not a running threat?

edit....question answered above.

Kaaya is not a dual threat QB like Armstrong. He is a prototypical drop back quarterback and one of the biggest concerns is that he is holding on to the ball too long.

If the Canes o-line can't give him time, it will be a long night.

This is bad for your team because our defense is geared around stopping attacks exactly like this one. What generally happens (not saying it will Saturday), is that our zone matchup principles in the secondary usually lead to:

A) coverage sacks

B) throws downfield into double coverage

C) a few successful crossing routes but not enough to sustain a drive down the field

Just from hearing how you guys have described your offense, I'm reminded of 2011 Michigan State:

• Fire 2

You guys need to focus on Stacy Coley, and Phillip Dorsett.

This will be the fastest wr corps you guys will see all season

'Fast' receivers don't really cause a disadvantage for our defensive schemes, especially when we go to nickel which is pretty common against any team that doesn't have a power run identity.

We've faced a good amount of good receivers over the last six seasons since Bo took over and the only one I can think of that really had a ton of success against our defense was Justin Blackmon, and 80 of his yards were on a flea flicker.

The one thing this kid does well is find his receivers running intermediate routes which the two previous QB's had no clue how to do (Morris,Harris)

Again, there's a reason why you guys are a Touchdown favorite. I would agree with Canesfan01. The receivers on the outside (Dorsett,Coley) are crazy fast. They have a Tight End (Walford) who doesn't have brick hands

and they have a true freshman (Berrios) who plays the slot that's a mini Welker.

If (BIG,HUGE IF) the o-line can give Kaaya time and if AA doesn't go all Barry Sanders on the D it will be a very good game.

You guys need to focus on Stacy Coley, and Phillip Dorsett.

This will be the fastest wr corps you guys will see all season

'Fast' receivers don't really cause a disadvantage for our defensive schemes, especially when we go to nickel which is pretty common against any team that doesn't have a power run identity.

We've faced a good amount of good receivers over the last six seasons since Bo took over and the only one I can think of that really had a ton of success against our defense was Justin Blackmon, and 80 of his yards were on a flea flicker.

Landlord- I suspect that Cane305 is Al Golden and you are giving him too much useful information