Miami

okaive

Years ago Nebraska Made Miami relevant by laying an egg. I really hope we don't do the same thing this time. They definitely need to be taken seriously or we will lose and lose bad. We are the better Team, but they have some very talented kids on their team.

Not really sure what to do with that.....

Can't really agree with that. Miami would have got there eventually.

Even if we had made the 2-pointer and held on, that whole program would have felt like "well, we were one play away from a title with a freshman QB, let's get it next year". They probably would have won it in '84. As it turned out '84 was a wide open year and I think Miami probably had a bit of a hangover, hence the Flutie game.

Nebraska's trajectory would have been interesting. A step backward was going to happen regardless with the loss of Gill, Fryar, et al. I think had Osborne won the '83 title, he probably does eventually collect one or two more, but possibly earlier than he did. And he probably retires a little earlier as a result. So everything that's happened since may have still happened but maybe shifted forward a few years.

Years ago Nebraska Made Miami relevant by laying an egg. I really hope we don't do the same thing this time. They definitely need to be taken seriously or we will lose and lose bad. We are the better Team, but they have some very talented kids on their team.

Not really sure what to do with that.....

Can't really agree with that. Miami would have got there eventually.

Even if we had made the 2-pointer and held on, that whole program would have felt like "well, we were one play away from a title with a freshman QB, let's get it next year". They probably would have won it in '84. As it turned out '84 was a wide open year and I think Miami probably had a bit of a hangover, hence the Flutie game.

Nebraska's trajectory would have been interesting. A step backward was going to happen regardless with the loss of Gill, Fryar, et al. I think had Osborne won the '83 title, he probably does eventually collect one or two more, but possibly earlier than he did. And he probably retires a little earlier as a result. So everything that's happened since may have still happened but maybe shifted forward a few years.

I'm glad someone else pointed that out, so I didn't have to.

As for 1984, Miami took a step back because of the initial response to hiring Jimmy Johnson. He was someone no one in Miami had ever heard of. The players from '83 team and most fans wanted the DC, hired. When Johnson was hired, he was forced to keep most of the staff from '83, including the DC, who others felt should have been the coach. Miami started the year beating #1 Auburn and Bo Jackson in the kickoff classic and then Kosar led them 80 yards in 30 seconds to beat Florida in Tampa. Miami rose from#10 to #1. The next week they lost at Michigan. They would lose at home to Florida State 38-3 before winning 5 in a row to go to 8-2. Even though they were 8-2 and ranked #6, it was clear there were problems. The offense could score at will, but the defense couldn't stop anyone. The next week they led Maryland 31-0 at home at the half, only to lose 42-40. The next week was the Flutie game. After that, Miami was still ranked #13, but lost another thriller to #14 UCLA 39-37 in the Fiesta Bowl. Johnson got rid of the "holdover" staff, and the next year Miami went 10-2, 11-1 in 1986, 12-0 in '87 and 11-1 in '88, and the rest is history.

Expect some different things pertaining to stadium/game experience this Saturday night. Heard some things may be different than we've seen for the past years and even the first 2 home games this year.

dead2.0.gif

I'm still upset I missed that live when I was at the game. The best part is, if you watch the entire play, the guy gets up, and gets absolutely obliterated by the defender.

Expect some different things pertaining to stadium/game experience this Saturday night. Heard some things may be different than we've seen for the past years and even the first 2 home games this year.

dead2.0.gif

I'm still upset I missed that live when I was at the game. The best part is, if you watch the entire play, the guy gets up, and gets absolutely obliterated by the defender.

Stewart Mandel on twitter has a link to the coach explaining why they did that. It also shows the guy get demolished when he tries to get up.

dead2.0.gif

Stewart Mandel on twitter has a link to the coach explaining why they did that. It also shows the guy get demolished when he tries to get up.

Someone posted on our board that he was ineligible and it was to make another player eligible, they just got creative in doing it. I get the point, and Channing Crowder, former Gator and Dolphins LB, who has a radio show in South Florida, said today if he was on the field defending the guy, he would have looked to the sidelines calling for a trainer to help the dead guy. Thankfully, Thurston Armbrister, our LB, didn't really buy it.

Grant Muessel@Muessel 1h

Miami's Brad Kaaya thinks he's seen a raucous crowd? The L'ville crowd of 55,428 is the biggest he's seen. At home, Canes haven't broke 49K

Grant Muessel@Muessel 1h

Think about it this way: Miami's last two home games' combined attendance is about 2,000 fewer people than your average Nebraska home game.

Always good to see GMoose's words on the board in one form or another

I just put two and two together.

dead2.0.gif

Someone posted on our board that he was ineligible and it was to make another player eligible, they just got creative in doing it. I get the point, and Channing Crowder, former Gator and Dolphins LB, who has a radio show in South Florida, said today if he was on the field defending the guy, he would have looked to the sidelines calling for a trainer to help the dead guy. Thankfully, Thurston Armbrister, our LB, didn't really buy it.

https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/512005160357609472

I can't figure out how to embed the tweet. Edit: Thanks Mavric