Miami

okaive

The two things that can change the game: Dorsett and turnovers. If we can figure out how to cover Dorsett, it could be a long game. That guy is freaking quick.

If Coley plays and is 100%, he is better than Dorsett

He may not be a "better" receiver, but it's the speed of Dorsett I fear. If you don't stop him at the line or otherwise slow him down, he will blow past people and their freshman qb can get him the long ball.

Dorsett is faster, but Coley was clocked at 4.38, so it's not like he's slow or anything. Coley is also 6-1, 185, while Dorsett is 5-10 (on a good day), so he's a handful for other reasons. Trust me, if they're both out there, I'd be more worried about Coley.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=veREL5g-wWc

You are probably right, as I don't know that much about Miami and Coley, but Dorsett runs 4.21, and got over 200 yards on 4 catches, with two touchdowns, last week. Man, I'm starting to psych myself out. The Kool aid usually flows strong with me.

The two things that can change the game: Dorsett and turnovers. If we can figure out how to cover Dorsett, it could be a long game. That guy is freaking quick.

He may not be a "better" receiver, but it's the speed of Dorsett I fear. If you don't stop him at the line or otherwise slow him down, he will blow past people and their freshman qb can get him the long ball.

Dorsett is faster, but Coley was clocked at 4.38, so it's not like he's slow or anything. Coley is also 6-1, 185, while Dorsett is 5-10 (on a good day), so he's a handful for other reasons. Trust me, if they're both out there, I'd be more worried about Coley.

You are probably right, as I don't know that much about Miami and Coley, but Dorsett runs 4.21, and got over 200 yards on 4 catches, with two touchdowns, last week. Man, I'm starting to psych myself out. The Kool aid usually flows strong with me.

5'10 195. Too bad we do not have SJB. Use press coverage and never let him off the LOS. Injured last year and had 58 catches in 2012. Averaging 36 yards per catch this year! Will need to disrupt their short routes. With 4.21 40 speed unsure if his receptions are long balls or YAC.

Again, Bo seems to have the ability to stop the passing game. QB doesn't appear to be to mobile. Just need to get after him and make him uncomfortable. Can't throw running away from pressure or on your back.

Kaaya hasn't thrown many balls up for grabs this year, that was more Jacory Harris and Stephen Morris. Not that he's going to throw INTs, but he's a different type of QB, and we run a different type of offense. We throw more quick passes, WR screens, hitches, then we do bombs. Last game was the last game we actually went vertical all season.

The quick passes will nullify a good DL. Screens and anything with the RB going into the flats or the TE doing a delayed drag hurts us.

As mentioned above, one thing I have never worried about under Bo is our pass defense. That is one thing he adjusts. If you spread it out, I imagine going to base dime or nickel to get speed on speed and get up in the receivers face. I might eat my words, but I don't think passing will win the game....Now jet sweeps is another thing.

We throw a lot of quick passes, but not a lot to RBs. We do get the TE involved a lot too, and have a good TE. I did an depth analysis of Miami in another thread.

As much as the TE has hurt us, we finally used it last week for 2 TD's. I hope to seed it more.

What about Dorsett? Have most of his yards come on "big plays" or YAC. Read he's ave almost 36 yards/catch this season.

Kaaya hasn't thrown many balls up for grabs this year, that was more Jacory Harris and Stephen Morris. Not that he's going to throw INTs, but he's a different type of QB, and we run a different type of offense. We throw more quick passes, WR screens, hitches, then we do bombs. Last game was the last game we actually went vertical all season.

The quick passes will nullify a good DL. Screens and anything with the RB going into the flats or the TE doing a delayed drag hurts us.

As mentioned above, one thing I have never worried about under Bo is our pass defense. That is one thing he adjusts. If you spread it out, I imagine going to base dime or nickel to get speed on speed and get up in the receivers face. I might eat my words, but I don't think passing will win the game....Now jet sweeps is another thing.

We throw a lot of quick passes, but not a lot to RBs. We do get the TE involved a lot too, and have a good TE. I did an depth analysis of Miami in another thread.

As much as the TE has hurt us, we finally used it last week for 2 TD's. I hope to seed it more.

What about Dorsett? Have most of his yards come on "big plays" or YAC. Read he's ave almost 36 yards/catch this season.

One gentleman said last week they were more vertical with their passing (against arky state, so 200 yards kinda makes sense if they were running deep routes with that guy) and the other 2 games they were closer to quick passing game (which I believe Dorsett only had 80 yards in the first two games, but don't quote me on that - too lazy to look it up at the moment) but I'm not sure how true that is or if they were more vertical with others players, etc. If its YAC, I'm not worried about that either really. We've tackled pretty well and have been rallying to the ball for the most part. Once again plays into our defenses hands since we sit back and watch those routes develop in front of us. Screens haven't hurt us all that much really.

The jet sweep and running back swing passes, are another thing...

Running backs in the flats, however, are another thing...

Coley didn't play. That's why I said if Coley plays and is 100%.

One gentleman said last week they were more vertical with their passing (against arky state, so 200 yards kinda makes sense if they were running deep routes with that guy) and the other 2 games they were closer to quick passing game (which I believe Dorsett only had 80 yards in the first two games, but don't quote me on that - too lazy to look it up at the moment) but I'm not sure how true that is or if they were more vertical with others players, etc. If its YAC, I'm not worried about that either really. We've tackled pretty well and have been rallying to the ball for the most part. Once again plays into our defenses hands since we sit back and watch those routes develop in front of us. Screens haven't hurt us all that much really.

RuThe jet sweep and running back swing passes, are another thing...

Rnning backs in the flats, however, are another thing...

Yep to the bolded........

Dorsett's first TD was a bomb. His second TD was a screen where he made the DB miss and was off. He also caught another bomb for like 50 yards. He had a diving 35 yard TD against FAMU, and a 30+ yard catch against Louisville. So, basically, a mixture, but the really long passes have only come in the last game (to anyone). Golden has admitted that the playbook was barely opened against Louisville because they didn't trust Kaaya (another reason a lot of us have no faith in Golden, but that's an argument for another time), and then the same against FAMU since it wasn't needed. We used most of the playbook last week, and it showed in Kaaya's performance and numbers.

Grant Muessel@Muessel 1h

Miami's Brad Kaaya thinks he's seen a raucous crowd? The L'ville crowd of 55,428 is the biggest he's seen. At home, Canes haven't broke 49K

Grant Muessel@Muessel 1h

Think about it this way: Miami's last two home games' combined attendance is about 2,000 fewer people than your average Nebraska home game.

Always good to see GMoose's words on the board in one form or another