Miami

okaive

I hate Miami with a burning passion. We better stomp 'em into an f'ing mud hole.

I think anyone who was a college football fan during the 80s should have the same feeling. It's a pretty disgusting program.

I'd like to know why it's a disgusting program? Anymore so than other programs. Please provide facts, and not just "Thug U."

http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=the-u

• Fire 2

I hate Miami with a burning passion. We better stomp 'em into an f'ing mud hole.

I think anyone who was a college football fan during the 80s should have the same feeling. It's a pretty disgusting program.

I'd like to know why it's a disgusting program? Anymore so than other programs. Please provide facts, and not just "Thug U."

http://espn.go.com/30for30/film?page=the-u

Seriously? That was a great film. I show it in my sports history class. Do better, please.

What was that guys name that sitting in Jail and decided to spill his guts? Anyway No Miami is not the same team they were before as far as being dirty, well no more than any other team in the south, and we are definitely not he same program that we were 20 years ago.

Nevin Shaprio? He provided to Benihana dinners and free drinks at clubs to players. Illegal? Yes. Worse than academic cheating scandals at FSU and UNC? Hardly. Worse than the 30+ Florida players arrested under Urban Meyer? Hardly.

Our speedy wide recievers should be you guys main concern

Not many teams have been able to beat Pelini's defenses deep. We're mostly in a 2-high safety look to prevent big plays.

Most success against our past defenses has been power/misdirection running, picks routes against our LB's, and breaking tackles in open field on quick throws (although we've tackled pretty well this year so far).

• Fire 1

When was the last time a "speedy" receiver actually hurt Nebraska? I remember hearing a lot about a few receivers who haven't done much because of our scheme. I truly can't think of one. Our problem has been mobile QBs and RBs (when we lose, it is typically because of a BIG game by a RB)

IF you get Duke Johnson matched up with Bando/Santos down the field, then I'll be concerned.

Our secondary vs. your WRs, isn't my main concern. We will probably bust a coverage and give up a big TD, but for the most part Bo likes to keep everything in front of him and we don't typically give up very many big passing plays by the design of our defense - and judging by your QBs numbers 7tds 5ints, I wouldn't mind him tossing some balls down the field up for grabs with the size of our safeties/corners, it'll be interesting to say the least.

Our main concern should be the running game, we have many more questions regarding that than our pass defense. Haven't you heard, on the recruiting trail we're known as DBU! Jonathan Rose, a transfer from Auburn, said he sought us out because of who we've developed and put into the league lately. Couple that with the fact that the strength of our DL is the pass rush, I'm really not concerned.

That said, if you run at our DL (which has little depth), our piss poor LB play lately,you would be much wiser, IMO.

Die hard fan, BUT folks are crazy if they think this game is going to be easy and that Miami will lay down and let us roll over them. They got warn down against Louisville. A 245 RB will do this to you.

They have speed we haven't seen in quite some time and fly to the ball. Their D is solid against the run. Appeared to get tired against Louisville and is a weakness we can possibly exploit. AA said their LB is the best in FBS. I trust his opinion. I would like to see 2 back sets and TE's to lean on their DL early and often.

We need to play side line to sideline and slow the receivers release off the line. Need to allow the DL to get upfield and cause some pressure.

IMO, the game hinges on Beck's ability to call a good game, get the O in a rhythm limit mistakes and once you find something that works, keep up with it. The big plays are great, when they work. They will contain AA, but Beck is the only thing that will stop him. Need to be patient and wear them down. Their DL and LB's don't get pounded on, they will be disruptive all game which doesn't increase TA's chance for success. I am hoping to see more of a move the chains mentality to wear on their DL and when the opportunity presents with little risk, go big.

This will be a great test and will be the first tell of how good or bad we might actually be.........

To further The King's point, since Bo Pelini has been here, even with our worst defensive seasons, we've been right at the very top of the country in pass efficiency and pass completion percentage defense most every year. It's something that gets overlooked because of our overall defensive performance over the last few seasons, but making a day passing against us is quite a rare occurrence.