Armstrong at QB

Tommy is the weak link. Stop making excuses or telling me he needs more experience. There are tons of qbs, on lesser teams, that are better then him.

"than"

And yet we have no one else to replace him that's better. So that's who's fault again? Oh yeah, that's right. The coaches.

Yeah honestly. Let's continue to be mad at 20 year olds who's biggest fault appear to be they don't magically become Jameis Winston. God forbid this coaching staff actually develop talent.

• Fire 1

Again, NU won 3 MNC's with QB's barely above 50%. Its not the incompletions, its what happens to those not caught that hurt. The INT for 6 hurt and bad. A throw that is simply incomplete sucks, but allows us to fight another day so to speak. The difference, what plays we call and how well they get executed.

I was mystified by the play calling yesterday. Great play calling and much better execution will hide or minimize TA's flaws. No way TA is dead accurate with these routes in practice and craps the bed in the games. Beck needs to call what works in practice and call to the strengths of the team. Beck needs to realize that just because its "in the playbook" doesn't mean it ever needs to be called. Using the FB as more than a noon-factor is ridiculous. If he hates he FB, bring in Cross in a 2 back set and run that. Teams will have to acct for Cross. Actually use the TE. Again, one more thing for the D to think about.

Just like last year and the punt return being non-existent and taking 1/3 of the game out of play, Beck has effectively done the same thing by removing the TE and FB as weapons. When they are in, I would guarantee no team even remotely schemes to deal with them. Year 4 and Beck, for me continues to disappoint. Bo alluded to his displeasure in the play calling yesterday in the presser. You have an AA in AA and potential Hypesman and you can't find a way to get the running game going. Not to mention Beck appears no way to draw guys out of the box through his play calling or call plays to allow a gassed D to get some rest. Quit going big or bust. Do like week one. Simply move the chains.

Pelini is pisst! There were no slants, very little screens, flats and releases by lineman or TE or fullback/halfback to counter the box and blitzkrieg by the cowboys. With half your wr's hurt Neb only focused on the deep ball which is a hard play to execute. It was not efficient football. Need a valve or gadget play that can easily be executed preferably in power or heavier sets.

Goes back to ameer harping on winning one vs one battles like basketball play your man because without those small victories the play will not be executed. at this point what ameer says I take as gospel because it's true and his performance validates what he is emphasizing to others.

• Fire 2

Again, NU won 3 MNC's with QB's barely above 50%.

A completely different offensive system. Making that comparison is totally irrelevant.

I am sick and tired of this being an excuse. What was so different? Give me an offense that is exactly what we run today in the current college world and what does their QB do. Not "like" ours, but what we run.

The point being TO schemed to the strengths of the team and won. A lot. He was able to hide the inability in our QB's to complete passes in his system at a higher rate through play calling and execution in other phases of the game. beck hasn't and doesn't.

People clamoring for a 65% or better ain't gonna get that NU. Not with this system, whatever the hell it is.

A completely different offensive system. Making that comparison is totally irrelevant.

I am sick and tired of this being an excuse. What was so different? Give me an offense that is exactly what we run today in the current college world and what does their QB do. Not "like" ours, but what we run.

The point being TO schemed to the strengths of the team and won. A lot. He was able to hide the inability in our QB's to complete passes in his system at a higher rate through play calling and execution in other phases of the game. beck hasn't and doesn't.

People clamoring for a 65% or better ain't gonna get that NU. Not with this system, whatever the hell it is.

I don't think we disagree... I'm not making an excuse. I'm just saying that in Beck's offensive system, a 50% QB isn't going to get the job done. And you can call for a more ground based offense, but that isn't in Beck's history. He likes to throw the ball. He's dying to. Pelini hired a buddy and (just like he did with Shawn Watson) is trying to get him to run an offense that he doesn't like to run.

Pelini is pisst! There were no slants, very little screens, flats and releases by lineman or TE or fullback/halfback to counter the box and blitzkrieg by the cowboys. With half your wr's hurt Neb only focused on the deep ball which is a hard play to execute. It was not efficient football. Need a valve or gadget play that can easily be executed preferably in power or heavier sets.

Goes back to ameer harping on winning one vs one battles like basketball play your man because without those small victories the play will not be executed. at this point what ameer says I take as gospel because it's true and his performance validates what he is emphasizing to others.

Agreed. I am hoping this begins to change and play out as Bo, during the presser, possibly had a light bulb go off and realize that multiple is a code word for one dimensional and screwed.

Just like SDSU several years ago (IIRC), unless the above is corrected, McNeese just gave folks a template to beat us. Again, baffled by another FCS school..........

I don't think we disagree... I'm not making an excuse. I'm just saying that in Beck's offensive system, a 50% QB isn't going to get the job done. And you can call for a more ground based offense, but that isn't in Beck's history. He likes to throw the ball. He's dying to. Pelini hired a buddy and (just like he did with Shawn Watson) is trying to get him to run an offense that he doesn't like to run.

My bad. I see what you are saying, with Beck's system at 50% we are screwed. I agree 100%. With a run based, PA we would be good. I am hoping that Bo starts to make some changes. Your comments about Bo wanting system A and like Wats, Beck wants something different is worrisome.

We have the talent, IMO, to win if we called the right plays and played to the strength of the team. Reesing ball isn't it............

My bad. I see what you are saying, with Beck's system at 50% we are screwed. I agree 100%. With a run based, PA we would be good. I am hoping that Bo starts to make some changes. Your comments about Bo wanting system A and like Wats, Beck wants something different is worrisome.

We have the talent, IMO, to win if we called the right plays and played to the strength of the team. Reesing ball isn't it............

It's as if you've been reading the PMs between Junior and myself. Are you with the NSA?

Two major problems you listed there. Beck's constant need to jam the pass down our throats. Also, the disconnect between the staffs coaching and the scheme we are running. It seems Bo and Beck aren't on the same page and it also seems like our offensive line is not on the same page. I don't want to blame the players but the offensive line has been streaky like this for years now. I just wonder if it's due to what they are being asked to do?

Regardless, I just don't like what we are trying to do offensively. Especially with these slow developing run plays.

Again, NU won 3 MNC's with QB's barely above 50%. Its not the incompletions, its what happens to those not caught that hurt. The INT for 6 hurt and bad. A throw that is simply incomplete sucks, but allows us to fight another day so to speak. The difference, what plays we call and how well they get executed.

I was mystified by the play calling yesterday. Great play calling and much better execution will hide or minimize TA's flaws. No way TA is dead accurate with these routes in practice and craps the bed in the games. Beck needs to call what works in practice and call to the strengths of the team. Beck needs to realize that just because its "in the playbook" doesn't mean it ever needs to be called. Using the FB as more than a noon-factor is ridiculous. If he hates he FB, bring in Cross in a 2 back set and run that. Teams will have to acct for Cross. Actually use the TE. Again, one more thing for the D to think about.

Just like last year and the punt return being non-existent and taking 1/3 of the game out of play, Beck has effectively done the same thing by removing the TE and FB as weapons. When they are in, I would guarantee no team even remotely schemes to deal with them. Year 4 and Beck, for me continues to disappoint. Bo alluded to his displeasure in the play calling yesterday in the presser. You have an AA in AA and potential Hypesman and you can't find a way to get the running game going. Not to mention Beck appears no way to draw guys out of the box through his play calling or call plays to allow a gassed D to get some rest. Quit going big or bust. Do like week one. Simply move the chains.

I would like to see the TEs blocking when the opposition overloads to stop the run. After several plays, the TE could slip by th DB because the DB is expecting the to block.

I would like to see the TEs blocking when the opposition overloads to stop the run. After several plays, the TE could slip by th DB because the DB is expecting the to block.

Unfortunately, this would require one play setting up another. I have yet to really see this from Beck. Agree it would be open 100%.