Armstrong at QB

$109 Million budget and we can't get some decent footballs. It a gosh diddily darn shame I tell ya

well it really is the complete lack of support from the administration that has put us in this position

If only Eichorst didn't have it out for Bo all these years.

there'd be a lot more $$ for the program if he wasn't always buying Nupolo lunch.

• Fire 1

I don't think his decision making issues are as bad as some people are making them out to be. He said in the post-game that there were times when he determined what receiver would be open when going through his pre-snap reads, he would look down that receiver, instead of looking off the defender. So it may have been the right read, he just tipped his hand to where he was going.

Tommy is a very good runner, however his passing is bad. Too many interceptions, and he seems to have trouble with the short passes. The TD to AA was a bad pass. NU needed a first down, and any normal human being had no chance to catch that pass and get a first down. I was very well defended to the point of setting up AA to get pounded. Props to AA for making a spectacular play. The behind the back catch last week should have been intercepted. What is scary is that he doesn't seem to be getting any better about throwing passes that can be picked. I was hoping the coaches would have worked with him in the off season to eliminate the interceptions.

• Fire 1

His best throw of the game was the short pass to Abdullah.

I have counted 4 passes that could have been intercepted but dropped by the opposition

He needs to focus on these two things all week this week (and keep them in his mind going forward). Several times he forced the ball into double or even triple coverage when the running back was wide open with 10+ yards of space in front of him. He needs to get it drilled into his head to not throw the ball when there is more than one defender around. I know the interception had only one defender but that was just a freakish play.

I don't think his decision making issues are as bad as some people are making them out to be. He said in the post-game that there were times when he determined what receiver would be open when going through his pre-snap reads, he would look down that receiver, instead of looking off the defender. So it may have been the right read, he just tipped his hand to where he was going.

How is that not poor decision making?

• Fire 1

Tommy is a very good runner, however his passing is bad. Too many interceptions, and he seems to have trouble with the short passes. The TD to AA was a bad pass. NU needed a first down, and any normal human being had no chance to catch that pass and get a first down. I was very well defended to the point of setting up AA to get pounded. Props to AA for making a spectacular play. The behind the back catch last week should have been intercepted. What is scary is that he doesn't seem to be getting any better about throwing passes that can be picked. I was hoping the coaches would have worked with him in the off season to eliminate the interceptions.

Really? He gave us a better chance at getting the first down than if TA threw it deep into double coverage. It was the same play as the 4th down play against Northwestern. But Kellogg made the right choice there throwing in front of the sticks, right?

Tommy showed a lot yesterday. He did what he could with the poor play by the line. There were more than a number of dropped passes by our own guys, too.

Also, losing two starting WR's during a game totally ruins timing. Allen and Moore did not look prepared at all. There was tons of miscommunication. One pass late in the game, Tommy threw the ball over the Safety when the safety moved forward and Moore went under the safety. The ball look liked it was an erratic throw by Tommy, but it was a mistake by Moore that he doesn't make 99 times out of 100.

The announcers actually did a good job of explaining the miscommunication between Westerkamp and Tommy on the pick 6. Westerkamp signaled an out route, Tommy threw a fade or wheel route. An innocent but extremely costly mistake. You can bet Tommy will be looking in WR's directions in the redzone with matchups like that before the snap. It's an extremely good sign to see a WR like Westerkamp reading the field before a play as much as the QB. They just needed to get on the same page. They will.

And watching games the rest of the day, we should be glad we have Tommy as our QB. He is far from bad. He's not amazing, but he sure is good. I think he is going to make a lot more plays when we need him to than bad plays. Let's just hope the team plays as well as Tommy, Abdullah and Westerkamp when needed. Because if and when they do, this offense is practically unstoppable.

+1, great assessment.

How is that not poor decision making?

Because it probably would have been open if he didn't stare him down the whole time. It looked like he was throwing it right at a DB because his eyes led the DB right to where the ball was going. Bad habit? Yes. Bad decision? Not necessarily.

The TD pass to Westerkamp was his best pass by in game as far as decision making and accuracy. Have to rewatch it, but it looked like he went through his progressions, didn't stare anyone down and made a last second strike that was right on target to Westy. If he can do that more often, NEB will be just fine at the QB positon. Excellent play by Tommy.

Really? He gave us a better chance at getting the first down than if TA threw it deep into double coverage. It was the same play as the 4th down play against Northwestern. But Kellogg made the right choice there throwing in front of the sticks, right?

Really. That was a one in a million play by AA. Maybe that was the only option available, but it was not a good play by TA.

Really. That was a one in a million play by AA. Maybe that was the only option available, but it was not a good play by TA.

Better to not force it and live for overtime right? Good grief.

Tmart had 23 TD and 12 INT in his junior season along with 16 fumbles to lead all of college football. And if we're going to play the "boy that pass should have been intercepted" game Tmart's INT totals go way the hell up. Is Tommy the 2nd coming of Joe Montana? No. But he's at least got the physical skillset to be a solid QB for us and personally don't think our playcalling plays to his strengths, but whatever. If we had a better option I would assume we'd play them, so maybe we should focus on how pathetic our offensive line was rather than bitching about the QB, who by the way had us in game winning position had it not been for our stupid ass OL getting a penalty to negate it. I'm sure that play escaped your memory though.

• Fire 4

If he was the only option, then how was it not a good play by him? If anything, blame Beck for not having routes go beyond the sticks.

Nebraska went back to the same play that set up the win for the Northwestern game. Offensive coordinator Tim Beck said the Huskers wanted to clear space out and send Ameer Abdullah underneath. When in doubt just let Abdullah make something happen.

http://nebraska.247sports.com/Bolt/Make-somebody-miss-30933301

TA is young, learning and for all intensive purposes, his QB coach (OC) is as erratic as he is. TA's strength is running. Gets the extra yards, ran pi$$ed after the INT. I liked that. Nice to see a NU QB truck someone. Use more PA to burn D's who stack the box. I would even like some power under center to add some different options and extra blocker if needed.

Beck needs to look at what passes TA can routinely and regularly complete in practice and call those routes. Was unsure if he threw better on the run or in the pocket. When he sets his feet, he let's it loose. Needs to work on looking off the DB's, pump fake yesterday would have gone for 6 the way they were jumping routes.

In yesterdays presser, Bo alluded to not being pleased with the play calls. Interesting to see what we look like going forward.

Without opening the running game, it was hard to get the passing game going. Which kept them sitting 8 in the box against our less than stellar play calling.

• Fire 4

Better to not force it and live for overtime right? Good grief.

Tmart had 23 TD and 12 INT in his junior season along with 16 fumbles to lead all of college football. And if we're going to play the "boy that pass should have been intercepted" game Tmart's INT totals go way the hell up. Is Tommy the 2nd coming of Joe Montana? No. But he's at least got the physical skillset to be a solid QB for us and personally don't think our playcalling plays to his strengths, but whatever. If we had a better option I would assume we'd play them, so maybe we should focus on how pathetic our offensive line was rather than bitching about the QB, who by the way had us in game winning position had it not been for our stupid ass OL getting a penalty to negate it. I'm sure that play escaped your memory though.

I never said TA isn't our best option. In fact I said he is very good with the run game. I only said he has a tendency to throw ints. Others were stating that he made a great throw to AA, and IMHO, it was a throw that had nearly no chance of getting a first down.

As far as bad play by the OL, I am not sure if it was the OL or the scheme. It seemed to me that McNeese wanted to stop AA. I only saw part of the game, but I didn't see the OL getting much help from TEs of FBs. I saw mostly 5 OL with extra receivers.