Armstrong at QB

All I know is that NDSU - another D1AA team - looks to me like a top 25 team in D1A, so the "they're just D1AA" doesn't mean much anymore.

:rollin

I love the endearing North Dakota State story as much as the next guy, but let's not kid ourselves, it would end in a hurry if they actually played a good FBS team. And it wouldn't be a happy ending. Also, let's not pretend MacNeese State gets to take credit for NDSU's success against bottom-feeder FBS teams.

You're speculation on which team would win is no more correct than mine. Until they settle it on the field nobody can say with any certainty. As for McNeese, you might be correct, but they did have the largest victory margin of a D1AA over a D1A just last season. IMO McNeese would beat both FAU and Fresno this season. But my point is that you can't claim D1A over D1AA in all cases like was true 10+ years ago.

http://www.footballgeography.com/history-of-fbs-i-a-vs-fcs-i-aa/

In 1978, I-A (FBS) schools were 41-29-1 (.585) vs. I-AA (FCS) opponents; their worst win percentage ever against the FCS. Followed by 1980 (.609) and 1981 (.632). Note: Against FCS opponents the FBS hasnt had a winning percentage below .800 since 2000.

That's interesting. I'd never have guessed D1AA ever did better than .25 against D1A.