B1G vs. SEC

Creed

Buster it depends on whether you count sheer volume, or are using a weighted average or a central mean. Obviously a central mean is probably best. The Pac-12 has 6 teams roughly within that range, and if you stretch it a little bit you can include a seventh in Arizona, just like I stretched the SEC a bit to say you can include that 9th team in Texas A&M. But obviously there are only 12 teams in the Pac-12. That's why the margin isn't huge.

I'm obviously not gonna bother to reply to deedsker's stupidity

To me it's pretty clear the Pac 12 is the better conference this year. The SEC didn't hardly beat anyone with a pulse in the OOC. They then spent the rest of the year with the media drooling all over them while they beat up on each other. They then laid a big egg (relative to what the media thought they would do) in the bowl games. Meanwhile, the Pac 12 actually played some good teams in the OOC with their best team beating a top ten team (possibly top 5) and they have a team in the championship game after winning a playoff game.

I think it's laughable that someone would say "well, the Pac 12 is getting closer". Dude, they passed them up.

Was talking to my roommate this weekend about where we would rank the various conferences for this year top to bottom. IMO it goes:

1)PAC-12 - Clear frontrunner

2-3)B1G/SEC - Both seemed to be pretty evenly matched this year, all teams considered.

4)Big 12 - Yes, TCU and Baylor are both elite teams but aside from that, Big 12 is a conference with a whole lot of offense and no defense. No other real standout teams, aside from maybe KSU.

I would agree the the Pac-12 is looking a little better than the SEC, but I don't know that they are the clear front runner. I would also say that SEC would be #2 and I would put B1G #3. I think this bowl season has said a lot about how the SEC is down a little bit from what they have been in the past couple of years. I know that some people want to argue that bowl games don't really matter as much and they don't measure that much, but they measure quite a bit IMO.

PAC-12 has a team in the national championship game and went 6-2 in bowl games this year and 8-4 against P5 non conference opponents. I would say that makes them #1 without a doubt.

I am agreeing that they are #1, but some people are making it sound like they are a long ways in front of the SEC and I just don't agree with that. I think they are slightly better than the SEC at this point. I would unfortunately have to put the SEC at the clear #2 ahead of the B1G though.

SEC: No team in the national championship. 7-5 in bowl games and 6-6 against P5 non conference opponents in regular season

B1G: Team in the national championship. 5-5 in bowl games. 6-11 against P5 non conference opponents in regular season.

I hate the SEC and how they are over-hyped by the media. However, I love seeing most people on the board state how the B1G is really down all season long and then they have a good bowl season and everyone is instantly wanting to say they are better than the SEC. I hate the SEC, but I still wouldn't put the B1G ahead of them as a whole conference right now. All of this is just my honest opinion however and I do respect your opinion as well. I would love to see some good non-conference match-ups next season to help determine where all of the conferences really sit in respect to each other.

Maybe it's not that they are wrong about the SEC, but that they were wrong about the B1G

That's a very real possibility. I'm not an Ohio State fan, but I really hope they beat Oregon. That would really be a boost to the conference for Ohio State to beat the mighty SEC Crimson Tide and then take down Oregon!

I hope they beat Oregon too!

I am a Michigan fan. Big Ten fan second. I like NU and PSU. I dislike OSU, as I should. I hope they kick Oregons butt however, because the Big Ten is second and its good for the Big Ten. Go Bucks...now I feel dirty...as I should. :-)

85 on one play, just to say. And I dont know if Elliot is the 5th best. That's one hell of an ARGUABLY disclaimer. Me? If I had to interchange Elliot, Ameer, and Gordon, I wouldnt complain either way. The guy is a straight up baller..

I think 5th best is more because you didn't hear as much about him as you did Gordon, Abdullah, Coleman and Cobb.

85 on one play, just to say. And I dont know if Elliot is the 5th best. That's one hell of an ARGUABLY disclaimer. Me? If I had to interchange Elliot, Ameer, and Gordon, I wouldnt complain either way. The guy is a straight up baller..

I think 5th best is more because you didn't hear as much about him as you did Gordon, Abdullah, Coleman and Cobb.

True. Until you watch him.

Big ten was loaded at running back.

True. Until you watch him.

Big ten was loaded at running back.

Yeah, I'd gladly take any of them.

It will be interesting to see how many NC the SEC gets in the playoff format. No gimmie match ups with ND, who would have been exposed like FSU this year. Likely no auto-NC putting two SEC teams in like Ala-LSU and I think it will difficult to get two teams from one conference in going forward, especially if CCG are still around. Top non-sec teams won't be automatically eliminated like USC, Ok State were in the past. USC was loaded and had a mid-season bonehead loss and could have easily won another NC or two instead of the SEC.