Michigan State is Ours . . .

http://espn.go.com/ncf/video?gameId=400547955&vid=11598059

We've got Ameer Abdullah and Tommy Armstrong guys. Along with an offensive line that is becoming a fierce group of run blockers. We got Westy and Bell tearing it up. Our defensive line has been salivating for this matchup. Gregory, McMullen, Valentine, and Collins.....throw in Maurice all coming after Cook. Maybe some Newby coming fast off the edge to change it up sometimes. Can they deal with all of this?

When you just put it all out there and look at the talent and the way this team is playing its hard to see how anybody can scheme to stop this whole team. Focus in on one thing or one player and we will burn your ass with another guy.

If this Husker team learned from this first five games, they know they better have their sh#t together. No half assed effort. When we bring it, we're hard to deal with. It's all on us though. Are we fonna be the team that takes the fight to them, or the team that destroys ourselves with lack of fight and focus.

There's nothing stopping us from winning this game. Nothing but us. We turned it over five times last year, played horribly, and still our defense fought hard and kept us in it. We now have special teams. We have the best offense we've had in years. We got talent on this defense that is just waiting for the next hit they can out on somebody.

The mentality is there. The leaders are there. Don't let this one get away Big Red. That Miami game was just an appetizer. This is the main course.

• Fire 1

so we are trying to dismiss oregon to dismiss msu so if we beat them... what?

We're dismissing Oregon now to make ourselves feel more confident. After we win we'll talk about how we beat the team that almost beat the best team in the country.

seems counterproductive if we lose. and not really based in reality. oregon is damn good and msu is right up there with them.

and is oregon not one of the 9 win teams we use to demonstrate that bo is in a special class?

We've got Ameer Abdullah and Tommy Armstrong guys. Along with an offensive line that is becoming a fierce group of run blockers. We got Westy and Bell tearing it up. Our defensive line has been salivating for this matchup. Gregory, McMullen, Valentine, and Collins.....throw in Maurice all coming after Cook. Maybe some Newby coming fast off the edge to change it up sometimes. Can they deal with all of this?

When you just put it all out there and look at the talent and the way this team is playing its hard to see how anybody can scheme to stop this whole team. Focus in on one thing or one player and we will burn your ass with another guy.

If this Husker team learned from this first five games, they know they better have their sh#t together. No half assed effort. When we bring it, we're hard to deal with. It's all on us though. Are we fonna be the team that takes the fight to them, or the team that destroys ourselves with lack of fight and focus.

There's nothing stopping us from winning this game. Nothing but us. We turned it over five times last year, played horribly, and still our defense fought hard and kept us in it. We now have special teams. We have the best offense we've had in years. We got talent on this defense that is just waiting for the next hit they can out on somebody.

The mentality is there. The leaders are there. Don't let this one get away Big Red. That Miami game was just an appetizer. This is the main course.

Digging the Kool-Aid you're letting flow their True!

My list of concerns for Saturday is rather short and concise at this point, but I will say that I think this statement leads into one of the points that worry me.

TB has been excellent the last three games. However, we've proclaimed his finally turning a corner in the past to be rewarded with games called like the McNeese one in the past. I know that we have other options to go to if they scheme to take away one. But they WILL scheme to stuff the run first since we have a Heisman candidate at RB. They'd be fools not to.

My chief concern is that Bo stays on Beck to grind away and stay committed to leaning on the run game. Everything we do has to go through our ground game. It is tempting to try to play chess and try to carve them up through the air if they're gonna stack the box and sell out to stop AA, but he's given in to that temptation in the past, and it has bitten us in the @ss. That could work, but more likely is a recipe for 3 and outs on "almost" completions or worse, turnovers. And that would deflate the team and destroy moral. Snowballing in a place like East Lansing is not recommended.

Other concerns would be turnovers (obviously the first point fed into this) and LB play, especially in run support.

Regardless, feeling good!

• Fire 1

Oregon is just so potent on offense...

.....this just in......Nebraska ain't half bad on offense themselves.

Yeah but our offense doesn't stop their offense. We play uptempo too which actually helps them. It's our defense that Oregon would rip apart...at least in week 2 when that game was played...

Yeah but their offense doesn't stop our offense. You might check where Nebraska ranks defensively versus where Oregon does.

Well I'm sure Michigan state's defense is better than any of the defenses we've played.

I guess I'm not entirely sold on Nebraska yet because they haven't really been tested. We'll have a better idea of what their ceiling is after this week.

I was pleased with how the offense handled Miami's defense, they have a lot of athletes, probably the most talented defense we'll see this year, but not the best. Michigan State's coaches will have their guys in better position. Plus their offense is just so much more effective, efficient, and explosive than they were when we played them last year. They're on a mission, we're not going to catch them unfocused. They buried Wyoming in the first quarter and sent their 2nd team in to continue dominating for the next 3 quarters. They're ready for this game.

It'll be a great win if we pull it off, and excitement surrounding the program will be at an all time high for the Pelini era. I'm surprised we haven't seen a "is this the biggest game of the Pelini era?" topic yet, because it's right up there.

I really do not think Oregon is quite as strong as some are thinking. Tremendous advantage playing there. Supposedly the loudest stadium in the country. I know they have a lot of hurt Olineman right now. If they do not get healthy, they are going to get beaten by Stanford I think.

Michigan State is the best team we play this year it appears. But Bo seems to have their number. I know we lost last year, some blame it on turnovers, but the other team has some affect on that. We will need to play the best game so far this season to win at their house. Bo needs to stay under control no matter the situation. When he goes off, it seems to affect the staff as much as the kids and that is not good.

I think he has made tremendous strides in anger management, and I think that is the reason for the solid play against Miami.

We have a good chance against Michigan State, if we play a good game and happen to come up short that is what was supposed to happen. We have seen growth so far this year, and that for me is very encouraging.

I personally think we pull this one out in the end. My guess is we are going to need the week off after it, as I expect a very physical game on both sides.

I fear a victory over MSU, but with two additional injuries on defense.

You take that FCS game away, and there's a 26 yard gap between defensive yards allowed MSU vs. NU.

ere's some quick and dirty numbers.

Big 10 Defense - Overall

P022z1G.png?1

Big 10 Defense - FBS Only

jSZM3YO.png?1

Big Ten Offense - Overall

Gfeqc7l.png?1

Big Ten Offense - FBS only

kjiuBXN.png?1

At the same time, they average 20 less YPG offensively outside of that FCS beatdown. They laid about 600 of their total yards (or roughly 30% of their season output) on that perennial powerhouse, Jacksonville State.

Awful lot of excuses being made for Sparty as to why they lost to Oregon around here...

Because we watched the game. How many times has nebraska beaten a team by a decent score in the end but it was a dog fight. Remember KSU's garbage TD in 98 after the ref ignored the facemask? That game should have ended a 3 point game. Instead it looked like they handled things fine with that two score win.

I kid you not. At one point in that 2nd quarter I just thought "wow michigan state looks better than last year." The oregon crowd was shocked and MSU had all the momentum as they just started to add scores. I mean they scored more points in the second quarter than oregon did all half. I have to give credit to oregon's coaching staff. They adjusted at the half. That 3rd quarter started to swing in oregon's direction. Play that game in East Lansing and it's probably a single score victory for either team. I believe MSU could beat them at home maybe 3 or 4 times out of 10. MSU is still the team to beat right now. We would get trounced by Oregon. Game over at the half trounced. Oregon is just so potent on offense...

Err.....

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?id=400548267

Er.... should I link you to the Nebraska McNeese state game? Any team can play down to their competition or have an off day. Oregon would wax us 9 times out of 10.

You mean like how Oregon has been abused by Stanford, or gotten trounced by Arizona, or scored one offensive TD against Texas last year?

We'll see. Oregon's offense still chokes against most good defenses.

Regardless, Oregon doesn't have much to do with our game vs MSU. Sparty has played a worse schedule than us, and our offense is closer to Auburn's style than Oregon. Plus, Oregon's defense sucks.

I'm not worried about Michigan State in the slightest. I'm worried about Nebraska pissing down its leg.

???

You want to talk last year? We lost to Minnesota. Needed a hail mary to beat northwestern. UCLA tore us apart.

Nebraska pissing down its leg is part of the equation. It's the part that is very real and happens more often then not in big games lately. It's part of what this team has been. They have to prove otherwise before I buy in. I'm simply going to watch the game saturday feeling MSU is the better team and try to enjoy whatever happens. If they surprise me great. But I won't be sold on this team after a nice start. It's a long season. This team is better than last year it seems so far. Ameer is a blast to watch.

I don't know how so many can feel MSU isn't the better team here but that's okay. We've really proven nothing other than we are winning the games we are supposed to win for now. That's a start.

Our special teams may be the difference in this game. We've beaten MSU 2 out of 3 times with terrible special teams. MSU loses that advantage this year.

• Fire 2

Digging the Kool-Aid you're letting flow their True!

My list of concerns for Saturday is rather short and concise at this point, but I will say that I think this statement leads into one of the points that worry me.

TB has been excellent the last three games. However, we've proclaimed his finally turning a corner in the past to be rewarded with games called like the McNeese one in the past. I know that we have other options to go to if they scheme to take away one. But they WILL scheme to stuff the run first since we have a Heisman candidate at RB. They'd be fools not to.

My chief concern is that Bo stays on Beck to grind away and stay committed to leaning on the run game. Everything we do has to go through our ground game. It is tempting to try to play chess and try to carve them up through the air if they're gonna stack the box and sell out to stop AA, but he's given in to that temptation in the past, and it has bitten us in the @ss. That could work, but more likely is a recipe for 3 and outs on "almost" completions or worse, turnovers. And that would deflate the team and destroy moral. Snowballing in a place like East Lansing is not recommended.

Other concerns would be turnovers (obviously the first point fed into this) and LB play, especially in run support.

Regardless, feeling good!

It will be interesting to see how and when we throw the ball. Will Michigan St. be the team that forces us to do it more than we would like? That's the million dollar question.

Because we watched the game. How many times has nebraska beaten a team by a decent score in the end but it was a dog fight. Remember KSU's garbage TD in 98 after the ref ignored the facemask? That game should have ended a 3 point game. Instead it looked like they handled things fine with that two score win.

I kid you not. At one point in that 2nd quarter I just thought "wow michigan state looks better than last year." The oregon crowd was shocked and MSU had all the momentum as they just started to add scores. I mean they scored more points in the second quarter than oregon did all half. I have to give credit to oregon's coaching staff. They adjusted at the half. That 3rd quarter started to swing in oregon's direction. Play that game in East Lansing and it's probably a single score victory for either team. I believe MSU could beat them at home maybe 3 or 4 times out of 10. MSU is still the team to beat right now. We would get trounced by Oregon. Game over at the half trounced. Oregon is just so potent on offense...

Err.....

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?id=400548267

Er.... should I link you to the Nebraska McNeese state game? Any team can play down to their competition or have an off day. Oregon would wax us 9 times out of 10.

You mean like how Oregon has been abused by Stanford, or gotten trounced by Arizona, or scored one offensive TD against Texas last year?

We'll see. Oregon's offense still chokes against most good defenses.

Regardless, Oregon doesn't have much to do with our game vs MSU. Sparty has played a worse schedule than us, and our offense is closer to Auburn's style than Oregon. Plus, Oregon's defense sucks.

I'm not worried about Michigan State in the slightest. I'm worried about Nebraska pissing down its leg.

???

You want to talk last year? We lost to Minnesota. Needed a hail mary to beat northwestern. UCLA tore us apart.

Nebraska pissing down its leg is part of the equation. It's the part that is very real and happens more often then not in big games lately. It's part of what this team has been. They have to prove otherwise before I buy in. I'm simply going to watch the game saturday feeling MSU is the better team and try to enjoy whatever happens. If they surprise me great. But I won't be sold on this team after a nice start. It's a long season. This team is better than last year it seems so far. Ameer is a blast to watch.

I don't know how so many can feel MSU isn't the better team here but that's okay. We've really proven nothing other than we are winning the games we are supposed to win for now. That's a start.

Yea, but NU is pissing down its leg much less often now. And the one game NU did piss down its leg, it felt the warmth and stopped in time to win the game ;)

Our special teams may be the difference in this game. We've beaten MSU 2 out of 3 times with terrible special teams. MSU loses that advantage this year.

How absolutely badass would it be to see Pierson-El take another one to the house! I hope it happens. I agree though, it definitely affects this game. Especially field position.

• Fire 2

How absolutely badass would it be to see Pierson-El take another one to the house! I hope it happens. I agree though, it definitely affects this game. Especially field position.

+1. Could be the play that changes the game.

+1. Could be the play that changes the game.

It would be even better if it was a punt on the opening series of the game.

I like our chances. This team has more overall mental focus than any other in Pelini's era at least up to know after 5 games. Also, better athletes since 2010. How the worm turns compared to last year. Look at Michigan. Thank goodness we are not in their predicament. Reminds me of the Callahan era. Saw the national news and they played the Michigan QB hit again and again. Hoke's coaching career at Michigan is over.