Michigan State is Ours . . .

so we are trying to dismiss oregon to dismiss msu so if we beat them... what?

Yeah like I don't get it. According to Huskerboard, the SEC is overrated, Oregon is overrated, USC is overrated, Florida State is overrated, Notre Dame is overrated...basically every team is overrated. I bet if you asked the rabble-rousers to actually create a ranking of their own, they'd maybe start to see how ridiculous they're being as they look at what each team has done and try to properly rank teams.

And like you point out, many of the same people who think that MSU isn't that great are the same ones that will want enormous credit for beating a top-10 team on the road should we win. Can't have it both ways.

Yeah like I don't get it. According to Huskerboard, the SEC is overrated, Oregon is overrated, USC is overrated, Florida State is overrated, Notre Dame is overrated...basically every team is overrated. I bet if you asked the rabble-rousers to actually create a ranking of their own, they'd maybe start to see how ridiculous they're being as they look at what each team has done and try to properly rank teams.

And like you point out, many of the same people who think that MSU isn't that great are the same ones that will want enormous credit for beating a top-10 team on the road should we win. Can't have it both ways.

you know how some fans will chant "overrated" as the game closes out on a victory? and that is always stupid because it is self-deprecating. we are doing that before we even play the game.

• Fire 1

you know how some fans will chant "overrated" as the game closes out on a victory? and that is always stupid because it is self-deprecating. we are doing that before we even play the game.

MSU is good. They certainly are not overrated....... This year more than any I can remember, parity seems to be a reality. Almost every really good team has a close call or two again an over achieving average team.

We would get trounced by Oregon. Game over at the half trounced. Oregon is just so potent on offense...

Disagree. For one reason, and one reason only, we wouldn't get trounced: ball control. Beck has gone old school. He knows that TA throws INTs if he makes too many attempts. If we played Oregon, I'd expect 6 and 7 minute scoring drives on our part. If we got the lead early and they tried to sprint to a score and we stopped them, suddenly we have the ball. Thereafter, we chew up seven more minutes, then they are down 2 scores. Our version of Dean Smith's four corners. It is difficult not to press when your opponent takes forever to score and you know that the clock is not your allie. Now, I'm not saying we would beat Oregon, but ball control is a great equalizer.

• Fire 1

MSU has earned a lot of respect with their play. They're consistent, and they've been pretty effective this year (and last). Conner Cook has turned into a very good QB, and Dantonio always finds good players and turns them into a great team.

But NU is good, too. We have All-Americans on both sides of the ball, and All-Conference players sprinkled throughout. More than MSU, I would argue. MSU doesn't have an Abdullah. They don't have a Gregory. For what it's worth, I'd take our O-line and D-lines over theirs too. Lippet has been great, but so are Bell and Westerkamp. Maybe no player is more improved over last year than Armstrong.

The other games this year matter, of course, but nobody really knows how yet. Nothing is written in stone. Either one of these teams can rise up and beat the other. That's what makes college football so great. It will be the team that has been preparing the best and the team that makes plays in the game who wins.

I like the way NU has been playing this year, other than the McNeese game. Abdullah and Armstrong, in particular, seem to be on a mission. Everybody seems to be more locked-in. I like our chances to win. But either way, I don't see a collapse coming. Worst-case scenario is we get another crack at them in the CCG.

Dude, your comments make too much sense. Great points.

Oregon never wins the TOP. They could care less about it.

First could we just beat a ranked team, before we talk about beating Oregon, Bama or any team that highly ranked. Nebraska lately is about blowing leads, losing games we should win and getting blown out. We beat a Miami team, that is not ranked and all of sudden the team is world beaters. Give me a break.

Win something of importance then talk.

I am not saying we can't do it. But when is the last time we actually did what some are predicting after 5 wins over less than stellar opponents.

We sound like KState fans.

• Fire 1

Oregon is just so potent on offense...

.....this just in......Nebraska ain't half bad on offense themselves.

Yeah but our offense doesn't stop their offense. We play uptempo too which actually helps them. It's our defense that Oregon would rip apart...at least in week 2 when that game was played...

Yeah but their offense doesn't stop our offense. You might check where Nebraska ranks defensively versus where Oregon does.

Well I'm sure Michigan state's defense is better than any of the defenses we've played.

And ours is better than any defense they've played...

???

You want to talk last year? We lost to Minnesota. Needed a hail mary to beat northwestern. UCLA tore us apart.

Nebraska pissing down its leg is part of the equation. It's the part that is very real and happens more often then not in big games lately. It's part of what this team has been. They have to prove otherwise before I buy in. I'm simply going to watch the game saturday feeling MSU is the better team and try to enjoy whatever happens. If they surprise me great. But I won't be sold on this team after a nice start. It's a long season. This team is better than last year it seems so far. Ameer is a blast to watch.

I don't know how so many can feel MSU isn't the better team here but that's okay. We've really proven nothing other than we are winning the games we are supposed to win for now. That's a start.

I think they're probably the better team, but they're not remotely unbeatable. Just like Oregon, Alabama, Auburn, FSU, etc...

There is no elite team in CFB this year.

???

You want to talk last year? We lost to Minnesota. Needed a hail mary to beat northwestern. UCLA tore us apart.

Nebraska pissing down its leg is part of the equation. It's the part that is very real and happens more often then not in big games lately. It's part of what this team has been. They have to prove otherwise before I buy in. I'm simply going to watch the game saturday feeling MSU is the better team and try to enjoy whatever happens. If they surprise me great. But I won't be sold on this team after a nice start. It's a long season. This team is better than last year it seems so far. Ameer is a blast to watch.

I don't know how so many can feel MSU isn't the better team here but that's okay. We've really proven nothing other than we are winning the games we are supposed to win for now. That's a start.

I think they're probably the better team, but they're not remotely unbeatable. Just like Oregon, Alabama, Auburn, FSU, etc...

I don't know about them being the better team or not, but Ira it appears you feel that MSU is way better than NU. That I don't see.

Personnel wise I think we have overall better talent. I am not going to look at it position by position. They have good players at a lot of positions Lippett is good, but not probably any better than Bell or Westercamp. Cook is very good probably better than Armstrong, but its a completely different style of play. So they are hard to compare. I do know this though. MSU doesn't have anything close to Miami offensive speed at WR or RB.

Nebraska's defense is hands down better than Oregon. It is better at stopping the run and pass.

I think the game is a toss up. If NU doesn't commit multiple turnovers they should be in the game. Sorry you don't see it that way. This Nebraska team has a different feel to it. Its a more confident nasty feel, and I like that.

NU's total offensive ranking: 8th

Oregon's total offensive ranking: 10th

MSU's total offensive ranking: 18th

NU's total defensive ranking: 31st

Oregon's total defensive ranking: 95th

MSU's total defensive ranking: 11th

Just because:

Miami's total offensive ranking: tied for 73rd

Miami's total defensive ranking:14th in the nation (we had our way with them)

???

I don't know about them being the better team or not, but Ira it appears you feel that MSU is way better than NU. That I don't see.

Personnel wise I think we have overall better talent. I am not going to look at it position by position. They have good players at a lot of positions Lippett is good, but not probably any better than Bell or Westercamp. Cook is very good probably better than Armstrong, but its a completely different style of play. So they are hard to compare. I do know this though. MSU doesn't have anything close to Miami offensive speed at WR or RB.

Nebraska's defense is hands down better than Oregon. It is better at stopping the run and pass.

I think the game is a toss up. If NU doesn't commit multiple turnovers they should be in the game. Sorry you don't see it that way. This Nebraska team has a different feel to it. Its a more confident nasty feel, and I like that.

I too think Miami has more raw talent than MSU, but they are poorly coached. MSU is tough mentally on defense. On offense, they aren't quite as talented as NU but they are very precise in execution.

???

I don't have any argument with anything you said. MSU is the best team we've played to this point and right now I don't feel we're the better team. We're making strides. I wouldn't be shocked if we won. If we lose I still expect us to compete for the division. I think we have a real good shot win or lose Saturday, of taking the division and getting a probable rematch with Sparty.

I watched a lot of the Michigan St/Oregon game last night and I gotta say now that I'll be shocked if we can drop 30 on these guys. Unless theyve made significant improvements and adjustments on defense-which we really dont know based on their competition outside the Oregon game-theyre gonna play right into our hands in what we do. Oregon had receivers running free all night long, and I think our running is more physical and more effective than Oregon's.

???

NUinID,

I agree. I have not seen anyone make a valid argument saying that MSU is a better team. Right now, I would put them even until we step on the field together. Both have good defenses and good offenses.