Besides NU, who should I be rooting for in the B1G?

Flood

Obviously, I want Nebraska to win.

But what are the best outcomes if we assume we win in Indy and have a chance at the playoff?

Wisconsin is down early to NW. I assume we want Wisconsin to win this. Hopefully in blowout fashion.

OSU looked mediocre at first against the Terps. Then they ran away with it.

If the B1G cannibalizes itself, we don't get credit for it, unlike the SEC seems to. (Look how hard the SEC is. They eat each other alive).

Do we want any upsets other than us knocking off MSU? Too early to say? Does it matter?

If Nebraska can go 13-0, they are in the playoff. If not, they aren't.

I don't think that's necessarily true. If we're 11-1 playing another 11-1 team in the conference title game, the winner of that game has a good shot, regardless if what ESPN has to say.

As beatable as everybody in the top 10 looks, I don't see there being 4 undefeated teams at the end of the year. There's a very good chance that a 1-loss team from the B1G could make the playoffs.

In general, I will root for everyone else to win in OOC so our conference gains respect.

In conference, I want the top 4-5 programs to look really good until they play Nebraska.

This year, I want to beat MSU and then they go undefeated except against penn state or OSU so we play someone different in the CCG.

Preferably that would be OSU because I think they have the most respect nationally.

Then, let's beat them by 30.

If that happens, we have the chance of beating 4 teams that would be ranked at some point in the season.

Miami (yes, they could sneak in if they keep winning)

MSU

Wisconsin

OSU

That should give us some respect.

Ps...I wouldn't mind the FCS national champ thrown in. :)

I don't think that's necessarily true. If we're 11-1 playing another 11-1 team in the conference title game, the winner of that game has a good shot, regardless if what ESPN has to say.

Technically possible, but a 12-1 Nebraska won't be ahead of a 12-1 Oregon, UCLA, Florida St. or an 11-1 Oklahoma or Baylor. They would need quite a few upsets.

Technically possible, but a 12-1 Nebraska won't be ahead of a 12-1 Oregon, UCLA, Florida St. or an 11-1 Oklahoma or Baylor. They would need quite a few upsets.

A 12-1 conference champion Nebraska would very likely be selected over any 11-1 non-champion. If there's 4 other conference champs with 1 loss or fewer, then we would have to worry about being snubbed, depending on SOS.
  • Fire 1

A 12-1 conference champion Nebraska would very likely be selected over any 11-1 non-champion. If there's 4 other conference champagne with 1 loss or fewer, then we would have to worry about being snubbed, depending on SOS.

This is highly likely. Remember the current polls that are out now won't mean squat here soon

A 12-1 conference champion Nebraska would very likely be selected over any 11-1 non-champion. If there's 4 other conference champs with 1 loss or fewer, then we would have to worry about being snubbed, depending on SOS.

The teams I mentioned would be conference champions, with one loss. A one-loss Nebraska would need one of the other champions to have at least two losses.