Jake Cotton decleated by the wind .gif.

The dumbest part to me is that he didn't have his hand down, so couldn't he have just reset?

No. The position he's in-the two point-qualifies as set. He was gonna get a penalty if he moved a foot to regain balance. While it's funny and ridiculous and par for the course for the offense's performance, I understand why he did what he did. He was trying to hold on till the ball was snapped.

• Fire 4

The dumbest part to me is that he didn't have his hand down, so couldn't he have just reset?

No. The position he's in-the two point-qualifies as set. He was gonna get a penalty if he moved a foot to regain balance. While it's funny and ridiculous and par for the course for the offense's performance, I understand why he did what he did. He was trying to hold on till the ball was snapped.

This is exactly what he was trying to do. It was rather funny to see but he was trying to hold on to his stance

This is exactly what he was trying to do. It was rather funny to see but he was trying to hold on to his stance

Even famous Husker-lover Herby said he was trying to hold on as long as he could hoping they'd snap it. Would people feel a lot better if he just gave up and stood up? Just an easy target because of everything else that went on.

• Fire 2

Even famous Husker-lover Herby said he was trying to hold on as long as he could hoping they'd snap it. Would people feel a lot better if he just gave up and stood up? Just an easy target because of everything else that went on.

Am I the only one who feels for this young man? He's now the object of national ridicule. Enough.

Hell, I'd feel this way if he played for I_WA.