I want an effing rematch

REMATCH Our goal from right now until the CCG should be to win out just to face MSU again so we can hate stomp them. That needs to be our battle cry. REMATCH When this team got out of it's own way, we took this game to MSU and damn near pulled it off. We showed heart and determination that I did not see in the first 3 quarters. Demornay, Westache, Armstrong, Abdullah, our whole damn defense and even dear god, our O Line stuck it out and fought back despite 3 quarters of beat down. That last quarter we were the team we know that we can be. Ya know, except for that last interception >_>

We as fans need to rally with our players, gird up and start stomping some ass in every game we have left. REMATCH I don't care about a bowl game, I don't care about the playoffs. I just want to meet MSU again and shove these last two defeats in their face and rub it in. That defense they have is nothing special. It's merely solid. We showed their weakness and finally got around to exploiting it. Hell MSU tried to GIVE us points but we just refused to take them. They are not some insurmountable challenge. They are no Everest. They are a goal to show this was a fluke. Guys, we got this. REMATCH

REMATCH Our goal from right now until the CCG should be to win out just to face MSU again so we can hate stomp them. That needs to be our battle cry. REMATCH When this team got out of it's own way, we took this game to MSU and damn near pulled it off. We showed heart and determination that I did not see in the first 3 quarters. Demornay, Westache, Armstrong, Abdullah, our whole damn defense and even dear god, our O Line stuck it out and fought back despite 3 quarters of beat down. That last quarter we were the team we know that we can be. Ya know, except for that last interception >_>

We as fans need to rally with our players, gird up and start stomping some ass in every game we have left. REMATCH I don't care about a bowl game, I don't care about the playoffs. I just want to meet MSU again and shove these last two defeats in their face and rub it in. That defense they have is nothing special. It's merely solid. We showed their weakness and finally got around to exploiting it. Hell MSU tried to GIVE us points but we just refused to take them. They are not some insurmountable challenge. They are no Everest. They are a goal to show this was a fluke. Guys, we got this. REMATCH

I get the excitement. I get the passion. But let's be honest here....

Our comeback sequence included:

1) a sure pick six being dropped and turning into a big pass play for westerkamp

2) iffy PI call to get us into goal to go 1st down

3) punt return for a touchdown

4) missed chip shot field goal

For pretty much the entire game, their d line MANHANDLED our o line. That's not something that you just scheme around.

I would take the Spartans in a rematch. 60% of the time. Every time.

• Fire 2

original.gif

• Fire 3

That final quarter was a rush. It may have gone to your head. Michigan State pretty much dominated us. They have the better quarterback (and he didn't even play a great game), the better offensive line (by a lot), the better overall defense and the better coaching staff. We have Ameer and Gregory.

The close outcome is because every team in this conference lacks a killer mentality. They think they get up big and the other team is supposed to just put backups in and call it quits. The fact that it got close at the end of the game was in large part due to MSU players deciding the game was won before the clock was at 00:00 and taking their collective foot off the huskers throat. We have the same problem. If MSU wasn't celebrating from basically the last few minutes of the third until it became basically "ohh sh#t, we let them back in this" with a minute left in the fourth the score wouldn't have been nearly as close.

P.S. the Oline still sucks, would it really be that bad if we lost out on more Cottons by canning Barney? Maybe we could get some kids on it that don't get beat by air, just let ends and stuff blow by them untouched all game, and then run downfield looking lost bumping into their own linemen.

Unless we make some offensive changes... MSU won't sleepwalk in the 4th quarter again....

And I'm with some other posters. That division is not set. OSU would love to pay them back for ruining their title hopes last season and even though it was Maryland yesterday, they looked pretty good and they should improve as that qb and offense get more time together.

I'm not confident in our ability to get through our schedule either. Defense has impressed me but that offense is so under prepared week after week...we can't out-athlete Wisconsin...