Emotional Bo

I'm wondering if Mark Pelini has any a$$ left to sit on after that blistering "chiding" from Uncle Bo.........

I bet he lit a small fire and told Jake Cotton to squat over it and hold it for 10 min. "Let's see you fall back now!"

As for Mark Pelini, "every time you snap the ball to me without me calling for it, your doing 50 up-downs."

Michigan State is complaining about all the bad calls in the game too. If you don't want the officials to influence the final outcome of the game then don't leave it up to them. Take care of business the other 99% of the game so a call here or there doesn't matter.

I thought Pelini was fine in this game, as he has been all year.

I think even I would have lost it with the DPE punt return where he was waving the blockers back and the refs thought he was signaling fair catch

I thought this at first, but it's actually true that you can't advance the ball in this scenario. Fowler also cleared this up after the commercial.

Invalid Signals—ARTICLE 3

Approved Ruling 6-5-3

V. Team A’s scrimmage kick is rolling beyond the neutral zone when B17

alerts his teammates to stay away from the ball by a “get away” signal.

RULING: Invalid signal. The ball is dead by rule when either team

recovers.

• Fire 3

I think even I would have lost it with the DPE punt return where he was waving the blockers back and the refs thought he was signaling fair catch

I thought this at first, but it's actually true that you can't advance the ball in this scenario. Fowler also cleared this up after the commercial.

Approved Ruling 6-5-3

recovers.

Nice job +1.

At least he did that instead of knocking it out of the back of the endzone

Approved Ruling 6-5-3

recovers.

Interesting. Didn't know that. Obviously DPE didn't know that either.

Invalid SignalsARTICLE 3

Approved Ruling 6-5-3

V. Team As scrimmage kick is rolling beyond the neutral zone when B17

alerts his teammates to stay away from the ball by a get away signal.

recovers.

So that's interesting, I'll have to pay attention and see what the consistency is in calling it. Given you don't see it much.

Invalid SignalsARTICLE 3

Approved Ruling 6-5-3

V. Team As scrimmage kick is rolling beyond the neutral zone when B17

alerts his teammates to stay away from the ball by a get away signal.

recovers.

So that's interesting, I'll have to pay attention and see what the consistency is in calling it. Given you don't see it much.

Normally the return man would be getting away also, but the ball took a perfect bounce right to him. Just not something you will see very often. I don't blame him for trying. :) It also looked like the coaches were explaining it to him on the sideline.

It was still a good play by DPE, catching the ball off the bounce saved a bunch of field position.

Approved Ruling 6-5-3

recovers.

If its an Invalid Signal shouldn't they have thrown a flag?

Approved Ruling 6-5-3

recovers.

If its an Invalid Signal shouldn't they have thrown a flag?

It's a new rule this year I believe. Many teams have been hit with the "get away" signal called as a fair catch. They haven't flagged any other team for doing this that I have seen, possibly because it is a newer rule.

Approved Ruling 6-5-3

recovers.

Thanks for that. I thought for sure he could run with it.