NET Big Red Wrap-Up MSU - Jason Peter - Video

My brother teaches high school. Industrial arts. Says it's still a mix of really talented kids who put in extra effort and thrive, and the numbnuts who spend all semester making a roach clip out of 2 x 4. There were plenty of slackers in the 1970s. Most kids fall somewhere inbetween.

But he did notice that some of those smart, motivated, athletic kids, given the choice of getting an afterschool job, some pocket money and a girlfriend, or having a football coach screaming at them morning, noon, nights and weekends, started opting for the money and the ladies. The players the coaches coveted didn't want to play football. And it was hard to argue with them.

Dazed and Confused is one of my favs too.

I consider it a documentary.

My brother teaches high school. Industrial arts. Says it's still a mix of really talented kids who put in extra effort and thrive, and the numbnuts who spend all semester making a roach clip out of 2 x 4. There were plenty of slackers in the 1970s. Most kids fall somewhere inbetween.

But he did notice that some of those smart, motivated, athletic kids, given the choice of getting an afterschool job, some pocket money and a girlfriend, or having a football coach screaming at them morning, noon, nights and weekends, started opting for the money and the ladies. The players the coaches coveted didn't want to play football. And it was hard to argue with them.

Dazed and Confused is one of my favs too.

I consider it a documentary.

I did not grow up during that time but that movie is sweet!

I'm leaning towards a societal problem. Over the past three or four years, I've heard many high school coaches voice much disgust

over kids not wanting to work hard these days. These are guys who have been very successful in the past with a couple of them

winning multiple state championships. I don't know that it's necessarily just sports either. I've heard teachers say the same

thing with regards to learning in the classroom.

I've been reading about how kids are getting worse and worse in documents written over the last two thousand years.

I'm not sure about high school sports, the pussification of America or the problem with kids today. Like Glendower, I've heard the same argument made for millennia.

But here's something that blew me away: according to one recruiter, 15% of recent college graduates brought a parent to their first job interview.

I'm leaning towards a societal problem. Over the past three or four years, I've heard many high school coaches voice much disgust

over kids not wanting to work hard these days. These are guys who have been very successful in the past with a couple of them

winning multiple state championships. I don't know that it's necessarily just sports either. I've heard teachers say the same

I've been reading about how kids are getting worse and worse in documents written over the last two thousand years.

Oh my God how old are you?

• Fire 4

it's jesus. it has to be.

• Fire 3

it's jesus. it has to be.

Shh! I'm not supposed to be back yet!

I'm not sure about high school sports, the pussification of America or the problem with kids today. Like Glendower, I've heard the same argument made for millennia.

But here's something that blew me away: according to one recruiter, 15% of recent college graduates brought a parent to their first job interview.

You've got to be effing kidding me, right?

still amazes me that this guy jasonpeter2.jpg

was this guy

1073455.jpg

love this guy though love his intensity agree with him but I do think he was surrounded by a completely level of player and environment...

It's amazing. Watchin the BTN Elite on 1994 Nebraska, I get a kick how all the guys who were 300 pounds in college are all trim and fit, and all the backs, like Frazier and Turman, are fat pudgies.

FYI, when I first watched the online version of BRWU with Peter, I kept scrolling farther and farther ahead in the video (through Peter's segment) looking for that bottom guy. Totally went over my head that he was the top guy now.

Mind= Blown.

I would love to see more of Jason Peter commenting on Nebraska He could hand out a "Hero" and "Zero" award each week on the Big Red Wrap Up show as a regular feature.

Calling a teenage kid a Zero may not inspire him to perform on/off the field. Not trying to say we should hand him a midol and some chocolates but... A less derogatory way might be better, or the best solution: his own damn teammates hold him accountable even BEFORE the coaching staff has to correct him or some commentator/talking head can publicly humiliate him. That is the best part of Jason's analysis and what is missing from our teams for years: player to player accountability. I recall some commentary back in the 90s of what it was like in the locker room and on the field with the Peter's brothers and Wistrom holding the D guys accountable (ask P. Manning what the results were), lets just say it was not a pleasant experience disappointing your teammates in those days. Who is going to step up? Gregory? AA? Someone needs to step it up and be willing to bust some a## and get in some faces in the locker room, on the field and outside the facilities. Player to player accountability has no place in the news or public arena, it is strictly team business and personal and has to be for maximum effect. Like in 09, imagine Suh in your face for missing a tackle? I would probably redouble my efforts immediately, wouldn't you? /End Rant

• Fire 1