It Isn't the 90s Anymore - Or Is It?

NUpolo8

I would argue that in today's game with each team having 85 scholarships coaching is even more important than in the past. Simply ask yourself if our coaching staff is one of the 10 best in the country? If not we have the issue looking us right in the 4 loss face

In a vacuum maybe, one has to actually use all 85 scholarships, which is a whole other matter.

Managing and using the 85 scholarships would technically fall under the coaching staffs job duties right???

Yes, I just didn't want to get into that whole kettle of fish.

I don't think you need a top ten coaching staff to be a top ten team.......but you better be just a balls out recruiter. See Ole Miss. We don't have that either.

we did get a balls out recruit, though.

Wait a minute. How did we go from the statistical likelihood of Nebraska winning the B1G West with two losses, to the 1994 Oregon Ducks and quotes from Pat Narduzzi?

This place is a madhouse.

So is the road to Indy, apparently. <_<

The quotes explain how to give the Huskers trouble. It's all on film. Stop the run and make it a passing game. Worked pretty well for McNeese and MSU. Except the FCS team loaded the box, while MSU stopped it with a four man front.

While we are at it, OU has looked pretty good since 2000. Won the conference like 7-8 times, a few BCS bowls and played in the MNC.........The only thing that changes anything is attitude and coaching................

Clemson 3 conference titles, BCS win in five years.

Bama 3 conference titles, 3 MNC's....

Problem is, we haven't been relevant since 2001. Other programs have improved and stayed at the top of their game. they have had disappointments, but righted the ship. NU still struggles with the basics, penalties, TO's, crapping the bed in big games, not picking up MSI stole our snap count.............

yep, times have changes blah, blah, blah................

The kids have to go in fearing no team. Respect sure. Fear? Hell no. We need to quit being in awe and realize this team, after being hamstrung by play calling and stolen snap counts almost beat MSU in their house with 19 unanswered points. Quit pi$$ing yourselves and kick a$$. We have all the talent and athleticism others have. Play like it. Quit moaning, flush the loss and beat every team like they stole something.

Oh and we have to win out to have any hope of the B1G. #believe #winout #respect #revenge #savemyjob

Yea but other schools didnt hire that one guy as their head coach to come in a kill their program.. We did. I think we have and are recovering fine.

And the only thing I'm jabbing at is the asinine argument that Nebraska can't win now because it isn't the 90's anymore. Or we shouldn't expect consistent greatness because it's no long the 90's. Or whatever phrasing is used. It's dumb, and there's no reasoning behind it. And that is obvious when you look at the teams now and then.

Please show me where anyone is arguing this.

And the only thing I'm jabbing at is the asinine argument that Nebraska can't win now because it isn't the 90's anymore. Or we shouldn't expect consistent greatness because it's no long the 90's. Or whatever phrasing is used. It's dumb, and there's no reasoning behind it. And that is obvious when you look at the teams now and then.

This is just depressing. We have went from one of the best teams in college football history, to worrying about Northwestern and Minnesota, praying we get to a loser conference championship. How far have we fallen, but if we only lose to Minnesota it would be very hard to reach our past lofty goal of only four losses. Pathetic. Of course we only lose because the cheaters at Michigan State have the clap.

The only thing keeping this program alive is the move to the pathetic Big 10. Oklahoma, Okie Lite, Baylor, TCU and KState and we know Texas would kick our asses every year. But of course that damned BC caused it all and is still the reason we can not change the snap count.

Good Lord Almighty. The amount of crying going on after a close road loss to a top ten team is nauseating.

It's not the 70s or 90s anymore. The entire landscape of college football has changed the past 20 years.

The past few years have proven that no game is a gimme, and I'm not just talking about Nebraska.

We can still win the conference and have an outside shot at the playoffs if since things straighten out.

Can we stop playing the "show me" card when we all know it's not made up?

• Fire 1

Please go the post in this very thread after skersfan said his piece and see what the first phrase in his defense was.

Can we stop playing the "show me" card when we all know it's not made up?

So, to you, saying "we can still win the conference and have an outside shot at the playoff" means that we can't win anymore because it's not the 90s? Perhaps it's just me but the conclusion drawn from that post does seem fabricated.

• Fire 2

While we are at it, OU has looked pretty good since 2000. Won the conference like 7-8 times, a few BCS bowls and played in the MNC.........The only thing that changes anything is attitude and coaching................

Problem is, we haven't been relevant since 2001. Other programs have improved and stayed at the top of their game. they have had disappointments, but righted the ship. NU still struggles with the basics, penalties, TO's, crapping the bed in big games, not picking up MSI stole our snap count.............

The kids have to go in fearing no team. Respect sure. Fear? Hell no. We need to quit being in awe and realize this team, after being hamstrung by play calling and stolen snap counts almost beat MSU in their house with 19 unanswered points. Quit pi$$ing yourselves and kick a$$. We have all the talent and athleticism others have. Play like it. Quit moaning, flush the loss and beat every team like they stole something.

Oh and we have to win out to have any hope of the B1G. #believe #winout #respect #revenge #savemyjob

Yea but other schools didnt hire that one guy as their head coach to come in a kill their program.. We did. I think we have and are recovering fine.

The guy that recruited better than any coach since TO in the early 90s? The coach that brought in more NFL talent than Pelini has in 7 years? The coach that gifted Pelini with more defensive talent than he has ever brought in? Yeah he really ruined our program didn't he?

The guy that recruited better than any coach since TO in the early 90s? The coach that brought in more NFL talent than Pelini has in 7 years? The coach that gifted Pelini with more defensive talent than he has ever brought in? Yeah he really ruined our program didn't he?

Sounds like an excellent recruiting coordinator.

I'm actually going to bail on this before this gets locked. If you can't admit that "this isn't the 90's" is a simplistic way to say "stop expecting greatness" then I'm going to stop trying to force water down the horse's throat.

Answering the original topic, Bo better hope he doesn't have to have his team win out to get to the CCG, because I think his job depends on it and I have serious reservations on his and his staff's ability to guide this team unscathed the rest of the way. The talent is there.

• Fire 1