Informal Poll: Spite as a rivalry metric

Ok, so I have not posted here in quite awhile,... busy with job and family. but I occasionally lurk, and with it being the football season, have checked out the site frequently. I have something that I want to get opinions on from all the posters here, especially the non-husker fans.

There, of course, are numerous ways to define what a football rivalry is or should be. This topic has been discussed here numerous times in numerous threads because Nebraska no longer has an obvious rival since Oklahoma opted out of its yearly game with us. What I find interesting about football rivalries is that they are sometimes dynamic, sometimes static, and in MOST cases they seem to be defined by hate and spite. Many teams in the Big 8 and the Big 12 had a spiteful and envious relationship with Nebraska and Oklahoma because they both hated and envied the success they had. Nebraska typically would not aknowlege them as rivals, which fueled the spite even more. (i.e. Kansas State and Colorado) In the Big Ten I suppose it is a similar situation with Michigan and Ohio State.

It is when BOTH schools share a mutual spite for each other that you really start to develop a rivalry IMO. I feel we were on the verge of rivalries with Texas and Missouri when we left the conference.

Yes, I know about the supposed "mutual respect" rivalry we had with Oklahoma, but I think that is fairly atypical, and ultimately less important to Oklahoma than the hateful rivalry with Texas.

Long story short:

Please respond with a list of the five schools you are most spiteful towards, meaning you enjoy seeing them lose and derive the most joy from beating them. Also, feel free to use childish transmutations of those school's names. It makes it more fun. Here's mine:

Husker fan

1. Tex Ass

2. Iowa

3. Misery

4. Notre Dame

5. Miami

I didn't know it until a few weeks ago but apparently I really...really ...really enjoy beating Miami.

I'd say it's a bit different about teams I want to beat and teams I want to lose to other teams.

Teams I always want NU to beat.

1) Ksucks (because I live in kansas...although not as big a deal now that we're not in the conference)2

2) KU...see above

3) Missery...I live in KC (1-3 are interchangeable)

4) Miami

5) Colorado maybe (I would say Texas but we always lose to them)

Teams I enjoy seeing lose...

1) Texas...ever since college it's always been entertaining to watch all the bandwagon/casual texas fans cry over losing...even when they have a terrible year.2

2) Gee that's really about it. Maybe any team from the ESPN league down south...

Thanks for your answers, guys! Though I thought I might get more responses, esp from the other b1g posters. Maybe this is more of an off-season discussion, since most eyes are focused on the football forum right now.

Glad to see I am not the only mizzou hater here. Things escalated for me when that punk trash-talking QB Chase Daniels was there.

• 2 weeks later...

So thanks again for the responses! Here is a tallying of the "spite points" for the Huskers:

26 Texas

13 Miami

10 Missouri

10 Ohio State

9 Notre Dame

6 Colorado

5 Kansas State

5 Bama

4 Iowa

4 Kansas

3 Florida

2 USC