Are you annoyed with all the flags?

If you hook your arm for leverage around a receiver to make a diving play on the ball, it is a textbook PI. Unfortunately, missing it on one side does not excuse it on the other. This particular technique is called more often than not as well.

If they call one and not the other, then that's textbook bad officiating. Got to call it both ways.

The no call Offensive PI when Mitchell got chucked before the kid made his cut and made a catch for first down was crap. The play right after the NW kid got hurt.

The play where Zaire lowered his head and the announcers (and Fitzgerald) were upset, they missed a holding on Gregory as Siemian scrambled out of the backfield.

Also side note, Fitz is pretty whiny himself. Btn aired last years game right before the broadcast and he was whiny back then too.

If you hook your arm for leverage around a receiver to make a diving play on the ball, it is a textbook PI. Unfortunately, missing it on one side does not excuse it on the other. This particular technique is called more often than not as well.

If they call one and not the other, then that's textbook bad officiating. Got to call it both ways.

And it happens in every sport at every level. Yes it is bad officiating. One guy getting away with burglary doesnt make it ok for another to do it.

The PI on Mitchell I believe was a good call. Same thing happened in the Notre Dame/FSU game where the defender hooked his arm around the receiver.

One of the worst calls I've seen in a long time was the holding call on Cotton. I'm sorry but the defensive tackle was already going to the ground before Cotton made any contact

The problem with the call on Mitchell is on the previous Nebraska drive (or maybe the one before that) there was a very similar play by a NW defender that didn't get called.

Ya what Count said. I'll have to find the play you're talking about Moiraine and get back too you. I agree on the call against Gerry. The ball was tipped and Gerry took a clean shot at the receiver and the ball was in that vicinity too so its not like the ball was already 10-15 yards down the field.

The hit by Gerry I'm pretty sure was a late hit personal foul call. I'm not sure, but if it was PI, it was the wrong call. And while there was really nothing Gerry coulda done in that situation, and he didnt really light the guy up with all his might, it was kinda late, and the call was pretty consistent with the direction of football in that aspect. I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same play, cuz Gerry had the pick in the endzone on the very next play.

Which by the way shows how different this defense is. The pick was made on a throw into triple coverage. Remember 2 years ago up at East Lansing when a Sparty receiver caught a pass for a TD in triple coverage cuz none of our 3 guys made a play on the ball?

And it happens in every sport at every level. Yes it is bad officiating. One guy getting away with burglary doesnt make it ok for another to do it.

Then we agree.

Then we agree.

tumblr_ldywolUxyc1qawrzyo1_500.gif

I think late 3rd qtr or early 4th I saw on the replay a NW D lineman with his hand around the throat of a Husker lineman.....maybe Pelini? It appeared Mark was struggling to get lose but he looked like a small kid trying to get close enough to his big brother to throw a punch. I can't imagine that not being a penalty

That was on the ground-level replay of one of Ameer's runs, I think. I noticed that, too and it was blatant, there was nobody around those two, and it should have been called. It's not like it was a quick thing, either - he had his hand in a choke-hold around our lineman's throat for several seconds.

If people remember, we were warned by our new Big Ten friends back in 2010 that the officiating in this conference stinks. Nothing I've seen since then makes me think they were exaggerating. It's not just Nebraska games - throughout this conference I see questionable calls, blown calls, missed calls and flat-out incompetence. A LOT.

As much money as this conference makes, they should be able to hire professional, full-time officials. My understanding is these guys are part-timers.

• Fire 1

I think late 3rd qtr or early 4th I saw on the replay a NW D lineman with his hand around the throat of a Husker lineman.....maybe Pelini? It appeared Mark was struggling to get lose but he looked like a small kid trying to get close enough to his big brother to throw a punch. I can't imagine that not being a penalty

Ahhh, the good old days, when it was Nebraska D linemen choking the living snot out of the other team. How far we've fallen. A nation turns it's lonely eyes to you Peter brothers. :lol:

• Fire 1

I thought that in college they could do that, unless when hooking the arm he caused the WRs body to contort. Also, that play is often not called when the ball is tipped, which i believe t was.

Either way, the refs are inconsistent, to say the least. Pretty bad.

I thought that in college they could do that, unless when hooking the arm he caused the WRs body to contort. Also, that play is often not called when the ball is tipped, which i believe t was.

I see. I didnt realize that was the play with the tip in question.

As far as that being or not being a college rule, well, I dont know. I thought it was.

I see. I didnt realize that was the play with the tip in question.

As far as that being or not being a college rule, well, I dont know. I thought it was.

The call on Mitchell was very ticky tack. It was a great play. The arm on the back did not interfere with the players ability to catch the ball.