***** What did we learn - Rutgers Edition *****

Responding to walks' apparent complaint that we should've run Ameer 20 times by pointing out that 19 is a lot like 20.

Unless walks was saying that sarcastically, in which case I don't understand. We gave Rutgers a drubbing. Ameer broke the APY record and had another 200-yard game. He started coming off the field a lot more with the game in hand. What more did he need to do?

Responding to walks' apparent complaint that we should've run Ameer 20 times by pointing out that 19 is a lot like 20.Unless walks was saying that sarcastically, in which case I don't understand. We gave Rutgers a drubbing. Ameer broke the APY record and had another 200-yard game. He started coming off the field a lot more with the game in hand. What more did he need to do?

I guess he coulda broke another one for 84 yards and broken Helu's single game record but that mightve been excessive.

150 post in this thread... with +1s for sh*t that is said week after week. If +1s are awarded for honesty... this post ought to be worth 100's.

Ha!

Since my above post did not gain the results that I thought it would, let me cover my arse by stating what the obvious and politically correct response has to be to get either one side or the other to recognize it. What I learned from the Rutgers games is ~

My first response will be in the positive fashion so all those of us who think we are doing what we should be doing during the game can come away feeling that there is a chance that this team will be in the final four discussions at the end of the season. We played Rutgers and even though we did not destroy them, we did reasonably well because Rutgers as you know is a team that could very well have come in with only one loss. We did not play the starters the full game and if we had, we could have added further scores that in turn would have shown what we are really capable of. Sure we had lapses but every team does now and then and those of you who don't recognize this obviously are not real Husker fans! Go Big Red, I must be a true fan.

My second response will be that I am sick of the same old problems as it is obvious that Bo and his OC have no business coaching a team such as Nebraska. We are a program that has accomplished the ultimate goal 5 times, thus winning 5 National titles allows us to expect nothing but perfect games no matter who the opponent might be. Darn it, we are the fans who pay the high price to obtain season tickets and these coaches and players owe us! Look at the salaries these guys earn, are you kidding me? I am glad we won but I am done drinking the Kool-aid and until the ship is righted, I am done getting all excited when we beat a team that we all know we should beat. Those of you who think those of us who want more and that we have too high of expectations are just part of the problem. We won, big deal, I will be here to point out when we lose that I told you so!

Go Big Red, I must be a true fan!

150 post in this thread... with +1s for sh*t that is said week after week. If +1s are awarded for honesty... this post ought to be worth 100's.

Ha!

Since my above post did not gain the results that I thought it would, let me cover my arse by stating what the obvious and politically correct response has to be to get either one side or the other to recognize it. What I learned from the Rutgers games is ~

My first response will be in the positive fashion so all those of us who think we are doing what we should be doing during the game can come away feeling that there is a chance that this team will be in the final four discussions at the end of the season. We played Rutgers and even though we did not destroy them, we did reasonably well because Rutgers as you know is a team that could very well have come in with only one loss. We did not play the starters the full game and if we had, we could have added further scores that in turn would have shown what we are really capable of. Sure we had lapses but every team does now and then and those of you who don't recognize this obviously are not real Husker fans! Go Big Red, I must be a true fan.

My second response will be that I am sick of the same old problems as it is obvious that Bo and his OC have no business coaching a team such as Nebraska. We are a program that has accomplished the ultimate goal 5 times, thus winning 5 National titles allows us to expect nothing but perfect games no matter who the opponent might be. Darn it, we are the fans who pay the high price to obtain season tickets and these coaches and players owe us! Look at the salaries these guys earn, are you kidding me? I am glad we won but I am done drinking the Kool-aid and until the ship is righted, I am done getting all excited when we beat a team that we all know we should beat. Those of you who think those of us who want more and that we have too high of expectations are just part of the problem. We won, big deal, I will be here to point out when we lose that I told you so!

tumblr_lya5brwPiW1qhy1vf.jpg

55671427.jpg

• Fire 1

Ha!

Middle child?

I've learned that no matter the final outcome of the game (which is what matters). The process of how we get there, if it isn't perfect, then all hell breaks loose and we're gunna drop 3 of our last 4.

I think that's what I learned from the board today.

From the game, I learned that we won another game, we're 7-1, and have another week to improve before playing Purdue. Who is better than a lot of people give them credit for.

This is simply not true. You are the one exaggerating here. I'm not satisfied with sloppy playcalling, an obvious lack of an offensive gameplan or identity when it's apparent who the offense needs to revolve around, and players calling it a day in the FIRST half of a football game.

Point out the posts that claim that the team made ONE mistake (cause that would be an imperfect game) and now we are doomed to lose 3 of our last 4.

They don't exist. You're stirring up $hit and it gets old.

This argument happens almost every week and it boils down to this. The team will never be perfect and some of us want to focus on all the positive, some focus on all the negative but most of us have no issue discussing both. The difference is the posters that start this bickering are the ones that don't want to hear anything bad about the team and I can't for the life of me understand how these people get anywhere in life living in their fantasy land of peaches and cream.

I mean you go out of your way to make post after post about the attitude of other posters and it's borderline trollish behavior. It's over the top sarcasm and exaggeration. It's rude and damn it it's not proper internet etiquette.

Stirring? If you don't notice the knee jerk, snap judgements that go on here all the time, whether it's regulars or not, then you aren't paying attention. The reference the losing 3 out of 4 was when a poster, and I thought it was Count (sorry If I was wrong), said something like "if Beck does this, then we'll lose to Minny, Iowa, and Wiscy...etc" or something of that nature.

Very seldom to I make things up in my mind to get a rise. I react off of reactions. Just because you took a side and disagree with me does not mean that I am stirring or making garbage up. That itself is an unneccesary and inaccurate judgement of me.

Now, I did make a couple comments about attitude of some posters. Mostly JJ and Count. I acknowledge that.

The absolute ceiling for this team is finishing runner up in the CCG.

Or not even make it. Wisconsin and Iowa/Minny will knock us off.

This is not about us not being happy over a blowout. It's about seeing us time and time again do things during the game, that while fine against Rutgers, FAU, Illinois, etc, comes back to bite us in the ass against good teams. Ala Michigan St piss pounding us for 3 quarters. Tim Beck and his plan to literally waste 2-3 possessions per half is going to lose us some imprortant games yet this season. The guy can take a hike. Papuchis can do a better job of sticking to whats working by calling plays based on flipping a one-sided coin.

Now for the good. Our defense is pretty good. Not perfect, but good. And in this day and age of offensive football, that'll get you places. It's HARD to play defense these days. But I saw a lot of things that are encouraging. Guys getting better and better at what we're doing.

Offensive line I thought did much better. Appears the fire under their ass was lit.

Ameer. LOL.

In the words of my wifes cousin, I would let Gerry have access to me. LOL

But at the end of the day......

CONSISTENCY CONSITENCY CONSISTENCY.

IRAfreak.

There it is. You wanted specific post. Maybe read the whole thread next time before jumping my reactions. Sorry for the sarcasm

Ha!

Middle child?

LOL, nope and my post was not due to shrooms either dudeguyy ~ I simply was poking fun at the same old comments that will never go away. I guess it is my way of protesting the fact that we just can't be fans and enjoy the wins for what they are.

If you do appreciate the wins, you are classified in one group and on the opposite side of the spectrum ~ if you see there are issues still at hand, you are once again classified.

This puzzles me!

Sometimes less is more and although we are all entitled to our opinions, it just might suit the cause better if we just lived and allowed things to unfold as they undoubtedly will in the weeks ahead. Hmm, me seeking attention in a "what did we learn thread that is full of the wash, rinse repeat comments that have become predictable at best" :dunno

Go Big Red

• Fire 1