As a 10 year old I yelled at Tom Osborne through the TV

Moiraine

As a ten-year-old I thought we'd never beat Oklahoma. Then we beat 'em three straight years. And then lost to 'em four straight years, to Switzer and "Sooner Magic" despite the "Our House" promise.

Then we beat them for ten of the next twelve years, and mostly it wasn't close. Then we lost to them four straight times. Then we beat them in a regular-season game. Then we lost to them in our last meeting for like another ten years, after having a pretty big lead, and we lost a conference championship.

Ten-year-olds have a lot of random emotions.

Apparently, so do most message board posters.

for running the ball on 3rd and long. He did it all the time. I was glad when we finally got rid of that dude.

Better than throwing it with a two touchdown lead in the fourth.

Remember that time we ran it four consecutive plays right near the goal line, failed to score anything and injured our Heisman trophy candidate?

But then, who doesn't wince every time Beck insists on running the ball?

Ha! If you think I was praying for a pass in that situation you've got the wrong guy here. We did exactly what any team should and does do.

I was thrilled we ran it four times.

What was disappointing was:

1. No push by a Nebraska offensive line

2. Lined up in shotgun/pistol on goal line

3. Fumbled snap

4. No FB lead blocker

5. We didn't score.

Interesting. Any team would and should do?

I'll remember that while I watch many tes run many different types of plays successfully in that situation.

Glad I now know they are all bring stupid.

for running the ball on 3rd and long. He did it all the time. I was glad when we finally got rid of that dude.

Better than throwing it with a two touchdown lead in the fourth.

Remember that time we ran it four consecutive plays right near the goal line, failed to score anything and injured our Heisman trophy candidate?

But then, who doesn't wince every time Beck insists on running the ball?

Ha! If you think I was praying for a pass in that situation you've got the wrong guy here. We did exactly what any team should and does do.

I was thrilled we ran it four times.

What was disappointing was:

1. No push by a Nebraska offensive line

2. Lined up in shotgun/pistol on goal line

3. Fumbled snap

4. No FB lead blocker

5. We didn't score.

Interesting. Any team would and should do?

I'll remember that while I watch many tes run many different types of plays successfully in that situation.

Glad I now know they are all bring stupid.

No, you're right. A lot of teams do the exact same things we did in that situation. A lot of teams do the same things we do period. It might be strange to me for a team to approach a goal line situation that way, but the game has definitely changed that's for sure.

As with anything, it's only stupid if it doesn't work, but I'd prefer we went about it differently. Just a preference.

An actual snap count would be useful on the goal line. Ya know, so the whole o-line knew when the ball would be snapped.

:laughpound How it works is Armstrong claps for the defensive ends, and they relay it to our lineman as they come across the line of scrimmage.

exactly. We're just takin what the defense gives us afterall.

An actual snap count would be useful on the goal line. Ya know, so the whole o-line knew when the ball would be snapped.

:laughpound How it works is Armstrong claps for the defensive ends, and they relay it to our lineman as they come across the line of scrimmage.

The more I think about it, the more it actually pisses me off. It's taking away a huge advantage to the o-line especially at the goal line. It goes against everything I thought I knew. Maybe I was wrong. Dunno.

And there it is folks, the theory and execution of our snap count in one concise summary. Perfect.

The more I think about it, the more it actually pisses me off. It's taking away a huge advantage to the o-line especially at the goal line. It goes against everything I thought I knew. Maybe I was wrong. Dunno.

I remember when Taylor was here, there would be times when he would clap two or three times before the ball was snapped (not including times when he faked clapping). This year, it's almost always one clap and the ball is snapped.

I used to get pissed at TO for seemingly always running the option to the short side of the field. I later learned he did that because there were fewer defenders on that side of the field but, it still seemed a little counter productive.

I would get so frustrated with fans during the Solich years when they would constantly complain and claim Frank didm't know what he was doing because he runs the option to the short side of the field. They would inevitably make some stupid comment about wish Frank would just do what TO did. I would simply point out that TO did that too. The argument usually ended around then.

• Fire 1