As a 10 year old I yelled at Tom Osborne through the TV

Moiraine

As a ten-year-old I thought we'd never beat Oklahoma. Then we beat 'em three straight years. And then lost to 'em four straight years, to Switzer and "Sooner Magic" despite the "Our House" promise.

Then we beat them for ten of the next twelve years, and mostly it wasn't close. Then we lost to them four straight times. Then we beat them in a regular-season game. Then we lost to them in our last meeting for like another ten years, after having a pretty big lead, and we lost a conference championship.

Ten-year-olds have a lot of random emotions.

Apparently, so do most message board poster

Yeah, i remember it that way too, especially in the 80's seemed like an eternity of hopelessness .. if it wasn't for the inception of the Big 12 (or if it would've at least happened a few years later), nebraska would of most likely came within one game of tying the series!! Probably would've beat them in '98 and '99, with a

chance to tie it in 2000.. but we all know how that went!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska–Oklahoma_football_rivalry

Heard an awesome theory from one of them omaha radio shows yesterday. Tommy claps, is it possible now that it's significantly cooler, coincidentally starting with the Mich St game, that his hands maybe having issue with feeling? Combined with the ball being a little slicker and a little harder in the cold as they do. And he's just struggling to find the feel? To me this is something that very well could be something. Go out in 50 degrees for 20 minutes without gloves then clap your hands super hard. Cant imagine it feels great.

Can Nebraska just ditch the whole clapping thing? I doubt they will. It would require some coaching and problem solving in finding an alternative.

Also, Armstrong is from Texas. This issue did start happening in cooler weather. Kind of surprised I didn't think about that sooner, not surprised at all that Beck hasn't.

Heard an awesome theory from one of them omaha radio shows yesterday. Tommy claps, is it possible now that it's significantly cooler, coincidentally starting with the Mich St game, that his hands maybe having issue with feeling? Combined with the ball being a little slicker and a little harder in the cold as they do. And he's just struggling to find the feel? To me this is something that very well could be something. Go out in 50 degrees for 20 minutes without gloves then clap your hands super hard. Cant imagine it feels great.

Can Nebraska just ditch the whole clapping thing? I doubt they will. It would require some coaching and problem solving in finding an alternative.

Also, Armstrong is from Texas. This issue did start happening in cooler weather. Kind of surprised I didn't think about that sooner, not surprised at all that Beck hasn't.

I'll bet the problem with defensive clapping goes away now that Pelini made an issue of it. I guess we'll find out in the B1G CCG. Hopefully.

OTOH, if it's still a problem by then I *hope* we have an alternative worked out by then.

Was there this issue last year when Tommy was starting in cold weather games?

I don't remember it being an issue but I also don't remember the weather last year, I didnt pay any attention to the clapping until it became a problem, so really I don't know. This just seems like the best explanation of this issue I've heard so far. Between the rotating centers and this clapping with cold hands. Who knows. We try to find explanations for all kinds of dumb crap that goes on out there year after year.

It may be cold outside, but that sports radio take is scorching hot.

• Fire 1

I don't remember it being an issue but I also don't remember the weather last year, I didnt pay any attention to the clapping until it became a problem, so really I don't know. This just seems like the best explanation of this issue I've heard so far. Between the rotating centers and this clapping with cold hands. Who knows. We try to find explanations for all kinds of dumb crap that goes on out there year after year.

Small hands?

The first time I ever got pissed at play calls was with Tom. The Arizona St game of 1996. I was 11. We were backed into our own end zone.

Option Short side.

Safety.

First time I ever said and thought "THEY KNEW THAT WAS COMING!! COME!!!! ON!!!!"

I still do it to this day, from Tom. To Frank (and Lord's audible to QB draw). To Callahan. To Watson. And now Beck.

Tom was a genius with the option, amongst other things.

Frank called some great plays to get us out of trouble (Black 41 Flash Reverse).

Callahan is very under-rated. I know we hate him, but his offensive prowess is highly under-rated. He turned an option school into a west coast in a couple years. I know we should not be impressed by his work, but if I were not a Nebraska fan, I would be impressed...

Watson. One of the best game plans I have ever seen was his game plan for the Holiday Bowl vs. Arizona. It was such a great game plan, and everyone played so well for the game.

Beck. One of the most creative offensive minds in college football now.

But each and everyone of them had the flawed games. Their flawed game plans. Their flawed play calls.

I guarantee, every offensive coordinator we will ever have will also be flawed.

They'll also be pretty damn good.

I know everyone's patience with Beck is almost non-existent. He even drives me nuts.

The question is: who the hell wouldn't drive us nuts?

Callahan is very under-rated. I know we hate him, but his offensive prowess is highly under-rated. He turned an option school into a west coast in a couple years. I know we should not be impressed by his work, but if I were not a Nebraska fan, I would be impressed...

It should be OK at this point to point out good in the Callahan Era. He is great at Offense, no doubt, and was able to recruit very well. Obviously he did not get how things worked at the college level.