Let's Admit that Wisconsin Scares Us . . .

Nebraska fan puts on holier than thou hat on high horse to tell Anyone within earshot how great we are to opponents.

Proceeds to be complete asshat to opposing fan on the internet.

Achieves par for the course.

Is this directed at me? Bc Ive never once mentioned how great we are to opponents. In fact I ignore opposing fans when I see them in Lincoln, just like I said in my post. And I think the compliments by opposing fans thread is stupid.

While your opinion may the minority view, I completely agree with you. I don't see why Nebraska fans go out of their way to be nice to others. We should strive to make our home field a hostile environment where opponents dread playing in. The other team, not their fans, are our friends. They want to destroy us on our home field. We live in a dog-eat-dog world these days where we should utilize the competitive atmosphere to intimidate our opponents, not make them feel welcomed. Not saying we need to go out of our way to fight every visiting fan/player, but there is no reason to be nice to them. However, this is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. Maybe, I'm just spiteful after living in Chicago for so many years.

The fans are there to watch a football game. They have nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

Not true.

Away fans at places like Nebraska and Wisconsin have an impact on a game? Lets say there are 5,000 opposing fans that make the trip. There are high schools that get more fans than that. If 5,000 fans impact the way our team performs at home, then we've got other problems to worry about.

Teams being equal, statiscally home field advantage doesn't yield as big as advantage as it's made out to be. I get ridiculed for this here but it doesn't make it less true.

Im not talking about home field advantage. Although yes, I agree with Moraine that home fans can sometimes make an impact in a close game. Im saying away fans don't make that much of an impact in the game. Hell, you could barely hear them most of the time because it is such a small group in Memorial Stadium.

Nebraska fan puts on holier than thou hat on high horse to tell Anyone within earshot how great we are to opponents.

Is this directed at me? Bc Ive never once mentioned how great we are to opponents. In fact I ignore opposing fans when I see them in Lincoln, just like I said in my post. And I think the compliments by opposing fans thread is stupid.

While your opinion may the minority view, I completely agree with you. I don't see why Nebraska fans go out of their way to be nice to others. We should strive to make our home field a hostile environment where opponents dread playing in. The other team, not their fans, are our friends. They want to destroy us on our home field. We live in a dog-eat-dog world these days where we should utilize the competitive atmosphere to intimidate our opponents, not make them feel welcomed. Not saying we need to go out of our way to fight every visiting fan/player, but there is no reason to be nice to them. However, this is just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. Maybe, I'm just spiteful after living in Chicago for so many years.

The fans are there to watch a football game. They have nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

Not true.

Away fans at places like Nebraska and Wisconsin have an impact on a game? Lets say there are 5,000 opposing fans that make the trip. There are high schools that get more fans than that. If 5,000 fans impact the way our team performs at home, then we've got other problems to worry about.

Teams being equal, statiscally home field advantage doesn't yield as big as advantage as it's made out to be. I get ridiculed for this here but it doesn't make it less true.

Im not talking about home field advantage. Although yes, I agree with Moraine that home fans can sometimes make an impact in a close game. Im saying away fans don't make that much of an impact in the game. Hell, you could barely hear them most of the time because it is such a small group in Memorial Stadium.

Saying there is no way opposing fans can affect the outcome of a game (as you said) is just as ridiculous as saying there is no way Nebraska can finish the season undefeated...as there may be a small chance...a 100% gaurantee should be taken as a grain of salt

Not true.

Saying there is no way opposing fans can affect the outcome of a game (as you said) is just as ridiculous as saying there is no way Nebraska can finish the season undefeated...as there may be a small chance...a 100% gaurantee should be taken as a grain of salt

Not true.

Im not really trying to argue if opposing fans have an impact on the game or not. They may in some games and may not in others. The point of my initial post was that there is no need to treat people like sh#t, even if they do have a huge impact on the outcome. But at the same time, like Polo said, we don't need to treat them like royalty either. We don't need to greet them, or invite them to tailgates. They will have just as good of a time if people just let them be.

So..... There is no way Nebraska can finish the season undefeated.

Only in your world Mr. Polo, where fans don't matter; thus, Nebraksa doesn't stand a chance. In the majority perspective, fans have some impact on the game. Therefore, Nebrasla has at least some what of a chance...

They have a loss already.

If you mean they could win out, well yeah, they could. But I have my doubts

Not true.

Im not really trying to argue if opposing fans have an impact on the game or not. They may in some games and may not in others. The point of my initial post was that there is no need to treat people like sh#t, even if they do have a huge impact on the outcome. But at the same time, like Polo said, we don't need to treat them like royalty either. We don't need to greet them, or invite them to tailgates. They will have just as good of a time if people just let them be.

So you are saying we should just ignore them, which is what I said in my intial post...man we could have ended this disagreement a long time ago.

Not true.

So you are saying we should just ignore them, which is what I said in my intial post...man we could have ended this disagreement a long time ago.

Not true.

:cheers

So..... There is no way Nebraska can finish the season undefeated.

Only in your world Mr. Polo, where fans don't matter; thus, Nebraksa doesn't stand a chance. In the majority perspective, fans have some impact on the game. Therefore, Nebrasla has at least some what of a chance...
They have a loss already.

If you mean they could win out, well yeah, they could. But I have my doubts

Touché, Mr. Polo. I should have said, "the rest of the season" and not just "the season"...you have to say what you mean...thank you for the reminder

Not true.

:cheers

Cheers on that brother, but only if you like yourself some good ole' IPA

It also makes a difference when you change your argument from basically saying it doesn't exist to saying it isn't a big of a factor as it's made out to be.

Wisconsin seems to be the one Big10 team that has no fear of us. I'm not saying tOSU doesn't either, but there's something about Wisconsin's utter lack of fear of us that leaves me unsettled. They believe that they are superior to us, and act like it. Kind of like we used to behave toward teams back in the Big 8 days. They have flat-out spanked us in the two marquee games that we have played. They seem like us, just bigger and better at being us. Having said that, I still think we can win Saturday. But it's going to take a lot more guts and determination to win than most folks realize. Camp Randall isn't exactly an easy place for any team to win in.

Do you think minnie or msu or osu or nw fear us.? That fear us deal is long freakin gone! Hell MCNeese didn't seem to scared.