Let's Admit that Wisconsin Scares Us . . .

One thing we can all be sure of.... It's gonna be really cold in Madison next Saturday. I regret that some of these fast, skilled SEC teams can't be compelled to come up to Lincoln or Madison in the middle of November and play us.

Wisconsin's utterly woeful passing game has progressed to less woeful/borderline effective. But when you nearly pee your pants with glee when completing a 3rd down pass against the likes of Purdue or Rutgers it's probably not a good sign.

The Badger defense looks like the real deal, but we're thin. Lack of depth killed us against LSU when we lost two key guys in the 2nd half. Also, Stave was so mentally screwed up (the yips, reportedly) that he didn't even play. He's back to normal, now, although "normal" is admittedly a respectable backup for a top 15 team. lol.

So one time I was in Louisiana in November and it was in the twenties. Multiple times actually.

One thing we can all be sure of.... It's gonna be really cold in Madison next Saturday. I regret that some of these fast, skilled SEC teams can't be compelled to come up to Lincoln or Madison in the middle of November and play us.

Wisconsin's utterly woeful passing game has progressed to less woeful/borderline effective. But when you nearly pee your pants with glee when completing a 3rd down pass against the likes of Purdue or Rutgers it's probably not a good sign.

The Badger defense looks like the real deal, but we're thin. Lack of depth killed us against LSU when we lost two key guys in the 2nd half. Also, Stave was so mentally screwed up (the yips, reportedly) that he didn't even play. He's back to normal, now, although "normal" is admittedly a respectable backup for a top 15 team. lol.

Your LB's looked good today. Thought (hoped) there'd be some drop off with Borland gone. Noticed that your TE and Gordon are thrown to a lot. That's our kryptonite. Although this year we actually have the best DL since 2009 and we won't have an undersized DE playing DT. Our LB play is rough. Zaire Anderson is playing well. He's alone in that department.

I'd feel better if AA was healthy. His play lends itself to his ankle breaking cuts. A sprained MCL really limits this.

Agree with the cold. Love to see Bama or Miss St come to Lincoln in late November with the wind blowing 30 mph and the windchill at 0 degrees. Level the playing field and all. Start having bowl games outdoors in the NE and Midwest. See how the warm weather teams like it.

Looking forward to the game. Our D matches up well with your O. Your D (on tv) looks better than our O if AA less. IMO, it comes down to how our OC (beck) calls the game.....

Hey, we never said we were trying to compete with you for the "treating visiting fans nicely award." That's your feather to stick in your own cap. Like I said, if you were shocked at the way you were treated as a visiting fan in Madison, you didn't do your research. Wisconsin fans are scrappy and wary of visitors (especially when words like "invade" were used in 2011) As one other poster noted, we were very bad for a very long time. That era is still in purgatory.

Wisconsin fans just want to win the Big Ten Championship by running the football behind a huge line and with a bunch of walk-ons.

And drink a lot of beer in a beer garden.... and eat good cheese... and watch our bb team win the Big Ten and go to the Final Four again... and watch our hockey team go to the Frozen Four...but that's besides the point!

Hey, we never said we were trying to compete with you for the "treating visiting fans nicely award." That's your feather to stick in your own cap. Like I said, if you were shocked at the way you were treated as a visiting fan in Madison, you didn't do your research. Wisconsin fans are scrappy and wary of visitors (especially when words like "invade" were used in 2011) As one other poster noted, we were very bad for a very long time. That era is still in purgatory.

Wisconsin fans just want to win the Big Ten Championship by running the football behind a huge line and with a bunch of walk-ons.

And drink a lot of beer in a beer garden.... and eat good cheese... and watch our bb team win the Big Ten and go to the Final Four again... and watch our hockey team go to the Frozen Four...but that's besides the point!

I find it sad you have to sh#t talk about hockey in a football forum for a school that doesn't have a D1 hockey team.

• Fire 1

Wisky is an expertise of running jet sweeps plays. Our defense can't figure it out stopping jet sweep. Yes, I'm scared. And guaranteed no Wisky turnovers both fumbling and interceptions. Plus UW will cost less than 20 yards penalties aided by crooked ref's.

Have you watched Wisconsin this year? Stave and McEvoy are pick machines. Also, Gordon has the fumbled the ball a couple times this year which is odd seeing as he'd never lost one in his career before. You might guarantee that but I sure won't. We can get turnovers from these guys.

See this is my problem with all the fear of Wisconsin stuff. How many of you have actually watch Wisconsin really play this year?

They had like 4 TO against NW that really helped them get beat.

Maryland was playing most or all of the game without its QB and played probably their worst game of the year and Wisconsin played their best game.

Yes they beat Rutgers 37-0, but part of the reason was that NU beat the crap out of them the week before. Nova couldn't even move and was out their playing. The Rutgers punter literally shanked 4 punts in a row giving Whisky the ball on the plus side of the field. Nebraska actually had about 200 more yards of offense against Rutgers than Wisconsin did.

They are a good solid team, but nothing more.

I didn't see them play and reading this makes me feel better. Our defense is so improved overall this year that I think we can contain them. I only worry about the stumbling offense. Hope they get on track. If they do, then we win.

Wisconsin is much better than Rutgers and Maryland and slaughtered them. Those effortless wins do distinguish Wisconsin as one of the better teams in the conference.

If you watched those games closely the takeaway is that the strength of the Badger team is its defense. The offense is dangerous, but one-dimensional; even if the passing game is improving. Skeptics among Badger fans feel that if a team of Nebraska's caliber sells out to stop the run, our weak passing game won't be good enough to compensate. Also, even rational Badger fans are not sold on Andy Ludwig, our OC. I tend to think that we'll really struggle to move the ball against Nebraska.

Optimistic Badger fans think our defense is good enough that we can afford to have some problems on offense and still compete with a top notch team like Nebraska.

But, we've dominated the weaker B1G teams, just as the Huskers have....

Edit: except for Northwestern. But that's like groundhog day. Every time Wisconsin goes to Evanston some weird, time-space discontinuity occurs, and a crappy Badger team from 1991 shows up to play the game... over and over and over.

Theres a difference between completely ignoring people and letting them enjoy their vacation and going out of your way to make visiting fans feel welcome, like some Nebraska fans do. It seems like you guys go out of your way to be complete asshats. Itd be just fine if your walked right by people wearing Nebraska apparel without welcoming them. I did that in Lincoln when I was there for the Miami game. I just ignored their fans. I didn't invite them to a tailgate or welcome them to Nebraksa, or wish them luck bc I don't care to talk to them. But I also wasn't an ass either.

Nebraska fan puts on holier than thou hat on high horse to tell Anyone within earshot how great we are to opponents.

Proceeds to be complete asshat to opposing fan on the internet.

Achieves par for the course.

Is this directed at me? Bc Ive never once mentioned how great we are to opponents. In fact I ignore opposing fans when I see them in Lincoln, just like I said in my post. And I think the compliments by opposing fans thread is stupid.