Let's Admit that Wisconsin Scares Us . . .

This game will tell us if there is a chance at a 12-1 season.

Nitpicky, but there's no way we have a 12-1 season, because with only one loss we would be in the championship game and a bowl game. 13-1, 12-2, or 11-2 are the most probable numbers if we get past Wisconsin.

Wiscy may have dominated against some weak competition but if you look back at the games, we technically dominated those same teams a bit more.

Uhh, not really. Our only two common opponents are Northwestern and Rutgers. They lost to Northwestern, but they beat Rutgers 37-0, which is a much better game than 42-24.

We actually have three common opponents if I saw it right. Illinois, Northwestern, and Rutgers. While yes I agree a 37-0 shut out over Rutgers was a bit more impressive than our 42-24 win, I would say our 45-14 win over Illinois is a much better drubbing than their 38-28 win over them. Then simply add the fact that we BEAT Northwester 38-17 and Wisconsin LOST to them.

This is a pretty simplified way to compare two teams, none of this is going to matter when we play each other and each of these individual games had their own variables that affected the outcomes. My entire comment was more of a rally the troops kind of comment, just having some fun. Didn't think anyone would actually try and debate me talking a little trash on Wisconsin, but there you are.

If we want to be even more simple about it, I'll take our 8-1 record and 13th ranking over their 2 losses and 25th ranking too. Either way though, my original point was correct.

• Fire 1

This game will tell us if there is a chance at a 12-1 season.

Nitpicky, but there's no way we have a 12-1 season, because with only one loss we would be in the championship game and a bowl game. 13-1, 12-2, or 11-2 are the most probable numbers if we get past Wisconsin.

Wiscy may have dominated against some weak competition but if you look back at the games, we technically dominated those same teams a bit more.

Uhh, not really. Our only two common opponents are Northwestern and Rutgers. They lost to Northwestern, but they beat Rutgers 37-0, which is a much better game than 42-24.

We actually have three common opponents if I saw it right. Illinois, Northwestern, and Rutgers. While yes I agree a 37-0 shut out over Rutgers was a bit more impressive than our 42-24 win, I would say our 45-14 win over Illinois is a much better drubbing than their 38-28 win over them. Then simply add the fact that we BEAT Northwester 38-17 and Wisconsin LOST to them.

This is a pretty simplified way to compare two teams, none of this is going to matter when we play each other and each of these individual games had their own variables that affected the outcomes. My entire comment was more of a rally the troops kind of comment, just having some fun. Didn't think anyone would actually try and debate me talking a little trash on Wisconsin, but there you are.

If we want to be even more simple about it, I'll take our 8-1 record and 13th ranking over their 2 losses and 25th ranking too. Either way though, my original point was correct.

Nevermind the fact that Wisconsin should be thanking us for that 37-0 score since we took care of Rutgers QB for them. Dude couldn't move when he played against them and their coach is a moron for not putting the Freshman in.

• Fire 2

Wisky is an expertise of running jet sweeps plays. Our defense can't figure it out stopping jet sweep. Yes, I'm scared. And guaranteed no Wisky turnovers both fumbling and interceptions. Plus UW will cost less than 20 yards penalties aided by crooked ref's.

Have you watched Wisconsin this year? Stave and McEvoy are pick machines. Also, Gordon has the fumbled the ball a couple times this year which is odd seeing as he'd never lost one in his career before. You might guarantee that but I sure won't. We can get turnovers from these guys.

Wisky is an expertise of running jet sweeps plays. Our defense can't figure it out stopping jet sweep. Yes, I'm scared. And guaranteed no Wisky turnovers both fumbling and interceptions. Plus UW will cost less than 20 yards penalties aided by crooked ref's.

Have you watched Wisconsin this year? Stave and McEvoy are pick machines. Also, Gordon has the fumbled the ball a couple times this year which is odd seeing as he'd never lost one in his career before. You might guarantee that but I sure won't. We can get turnovers from these guys.

See this is my problem with all the fear of Wisconsin stuff. How many of you have actually watch Wisconsin really play this year?

They had like 4 TO against NW that really helped them get beat.

Maryland was playing most or all of the game without its QB and played probably their worst game of the year and Wisconsin played their best game.

Yes they beat Rutgers 37-0, but part of the reason was that NU beat the crap out of them the week before. Nova couldn't even move and was out their playing. The Rutgers punter literally shanked 4 punts in a row giving Whisky the ball on the plus side of the field. Nebraska actually had about 200 more yards of offense against Rutgers than Wisconsin did.

They are a good solid team, but nothing more.

See this is my problem with all the fear of Wisconsin stuff. How many of you have actually watch Wisconsin really play this year?

Maryland was playing most or all of the game without its QB and played probably their worst game of the year and Wisconsin played their best game.

Yes they beat Rutgers 37-0, but part of the reason was that NU beat the crap out of them the week before. Nova couldn't even move and was out their playing. The Rutgers punter literally shanked 4 punts in a row giving Whisky the ball on the plus side of the field. Nebraska actually had about 200 more yards of offense against Rutgers than Wisconsin did.

And now they are goign to play a beat up Purdue team that are without their top two receivers.

Wisconsin doesn't scare me as a team. They are human and can be beat. Playing them at Camp Randle makes it more tough. I'm glad we had the Northwestern game on the road right after the MSU game so the team could get some confidence back on the road.

If Nebraska goes out and plays they way they have shown they can play this year, they win. It's all between their ears. They have the talent, schemes...etc. Settle down. Play the game. Win the game and come home.

"Worried" would be the word I would use. I see a few people saying we have superior talent. Not sure I see it.

If you are looking unit for unit NU has better talent at DB, LB, and D-line. On offense NU is more talented at WR I would say Whisky has a slight edge at the O-line and that RB is a push. Contrary to what many think we are way more talented at QB than they are. The only people that think our QB is terrible are Nebraska fans.

If you took a pole with the BTN guys I think most would rank TA no lower than 4th in the conference as far as on field performance is concerned this year. Many would say he is just behind Cook and Barrett.

• Fire 3

What NUinID said. IF you think we have problems with Armstrong then LIncoln would be on fire if we had Tanner McEvoy or Joel Stave as a QB. Stave has looked better in recent weeks but I think that's more refelctive of the low level of talent they have been playing rather than marked improvement by him as a QB.

I didn't see them play and reading this makes me feel better. Our defense is so improved overall this year that I think we can contain them. I only worry about the stumbling offense. Hope they get on track. If they do, then we win.