OWH: Twitter reaction: Former Huskers, others react to Nebraska-Wisconsin game

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/twitter-reaction-former-huskers-others-react-to-nebraska-wisconsin-game/article_d27133be-6d21-11e4-8718-2701c5b5d1f0.html

By Big Red Today

After Nebraska's 59-24 loss to Wisconsin on Saturday, there was an outcry from fans. Here's a sampling of what former Huskers, media and other prominent football watchers were saying about the Nebraska-Wisconsin game.

Where is Suck-Up Sipple? After a humiliating loss like today, in past seasons he has put out an editorial right away talking about how some things need to change, but we need to keep giving Bo a chance, and he marginalizes fans by saying the "vocal minority" are once again calling for Pelini's resignation, and that everyone just needs to calm down a bit. It will be fun to see how he tries to do a tightrope dance with this performance.

Where is Suck-Up Sipple? After a humiliating loss like today, in past seasons he has put out an editorial right away talking about how some things need to change, but we need to keep giving Bo a chance, and he marginalizes fans by saying the "vocal minority" are once again calling for Pelini's resignation, and that everyone just needs to calm down a bit. It will be fun to see how he tries to do a tightrope dance with this performance.

He might be a bit torn now. It was his question that elicited the "I don't look at the big picture" response from Pelini. And you can only see the same rerun so many times before its time to change the channel.

• Fire 1

He might be a bit torn now. It was his question that elicited the "I don't look at the big picture" response from Pelini. And you can only see the same rerun so many times before its time to change the channel.

Sipple is a guy that is so afraid of losing his access to the team/program that he is unwilling to call it like it is. I honestly can't wait to see how he defends Bo on this one, or marginalizes those of us calling for Bo's ouster.

I think most fans of the sport that love to follow college football would have considered this a tight game going in, just as us Husker fans.

But 59-24 on ABC? Gordon's 400 rushing yards? It was over halfway through the third quarter. That's naturally going to raise some heat.

Sipple is a guy that is so afraid of losing his access to the team/program that he is unwilling to call it like it is. I honestly can't wait to see how he defends Bo on this one, or marginalizes those of us calling for Bo's ouster.

I don't know as he views it as fear to lose access. I think its more that he is too close, knows Bo really well, and likes him as a person, and lets that cloud his judgement.

Well, that's not good.

I may be wrong, but have we now given up the most rushing yards in a game and the most receiving yards in a game in NCAA history? Ya know, that kid from one of the Louisiana schools, quarterbacked by Tim Rattay.

Troy Edwards. 21 catches for 405. But his first td catch wasnt until the 3rd quarter. We were already ahead 35-7. And won the game 56-28. So yeah.