Form letter to the AD

Thanks to everyone for coming up with suggestions, good and bad, and to Huskerscott for pointing out what is probably the truth in matters such as these. I'll try to incorporate some of your thoughts and suggestions, although I'd like for it to remain somewhat succinct and rather than addressing specific problems (I can assure you that Eichorst is aware of all of these issues), I'd rather focus on the general slump combined with negative overall demeanor. I'll post an updated version today and plan on sending a hard copy in this week. I don't fancy myself as a lunatic so nobody handling the mail should be worried. :P

To the OP:

Ignore sarcastic quips; if they could write what you did, they would have.

The question is whether or not anyone would be responsive to coaching change at this moment. I seriously doubt it. We have one week and then one more short week before an AD would consider making a move. With a chance to finish 10-2 this situation is a lot trickier than Callahan. I'd file it away until then, survey the lay of the land, and hope Eichorst is way ahead of you.

To the OP:

The question is whether or not anyone would be responsive to coaching change at this moment. I seriously doubt it. We have one week and then one more short week before an AD would consider making a move. With a chance to finish 10-2 this situation is a lot trickier than Callahan. I'd file it away until then, survey the lay of the land, and hope Eichorst is way ahead of you.

I appreciate the positive reply and generally agree with your outlook on this situation. However, I feel as though waiting to send something until things get worse will inevitably result in hoping for losses so that I feel more confident about mailing something like this in. Also, the letter addresses that the program could look good on paper with a solid record while the true nature of the team (probably more like what we saw yesterday) being less apparent making it just as acceptable to present at 10-2 as it would be at 8-4. Maybe my logic is off; it very well could be!

To the OP:

I appreciate the positive reply and generally agree with your outlook on this situation. However, I feel as though waiting to send something until things get worse will inevitably result in hoping for losses so that I feel more confident about mailing something like this in. Also, the letter addresses that the program could look good on paper with a solid record while the true nature of the team (probably more like what we saw yesterday) being less apparent making it just as acceptable to present at 10-2 as it would be at 8-4. Maybe my logic is off; it very well could be!

I definitely see where you're coming from. Nebraska fans are really wedged between that rock and that hard place right now. I admit I don't have a good answer.

If I'm the AD , before making a huge decision about replacing the entire staff I'd want to talk to the players who were on the field and find out why they thought the game was such a failure. Their opinions would have a lot more weight than a bunch of angry fans spouting off.

I know this game was one of the "big ones", but football has been very strange lately, especially when on prmetime ABC, so I wouldn't make any rash decisions based on this game and I damned sure would have a better replacement lined up before making a move. They miraculously play better against a top 20 team than they do a bottom-feeder....hmmmm.....something sure smells cheesy.

IF the AD fires Bo, HE DAMNED WELL BETTER HAVE A COACH IN HIS POCKET, READY TO SIGN BEFORE IT HAPPENS.

Signed

Steve Pedersen

I'm sure he has Callahan ready to come back.

LOL

i was talkin with someone today and said something and i'm going to repeat it here. And i know there's gonna be howls

I'm pretty sure Callahan and Cosgrove could get to 9 and 10 wins and an occasional CCG appearance in this god forsaken conference. Seriously.

It's no secret most despise where we'd be right now if still in the Big12, though I'm one that thinks we'd be fine. Bo's a secondary guy and seems to have a pretty good finger on spread type passing offenses that make their living on high completion percetages. It's these damn forsaken Big 10 balanced offenses with mediocre to bad talent that have been his undoing. Just sayin.

And I disagree that sending letter to the AD will accomplish anything. It will not even make it to his desk. So why waste your time doing this. This doesn't show that you are being proactive, it shows that you have no confidence in our administrators to make the right decisions.....

Politicians and administrators will ALWAYS make the right decision...when left with no other choice.

No, Eichorst won't read the letter, but he will have some flunky reading it and all other letters while keeping tick marks of how many letters say the same thing. Collect enough tick marks, and it becomes an issue that the AD will start looking at as a problem.

Should Bo go? I don't know. He's reached the top of his game and his peak doesn't rest well with a lot of Husker fans.

I have zero invested in this team, other than a couple of hours a week watching it on TV, so I don't have any claim of being injured, other than what is self inflicted. Boosters and season ticket holders do, so they can decide.

And I disagree that sending letter to the AD will accomplish anything. It will not even make it to his desk. So why waste your time doing this. This doesn't show that you are being proactive, it shows that you have no confidence in our administrators to make the right decisions.....

Politicians and administrators will ALWAYS make the right decision...when left with no other choice.

No, Eichorst won't read the letter, but he will have some flunky reading it and all other letters while keeping tick marks of how many letters say the same thing. Collect enough tick marks, and it becomes an issue that the AD will start looking at as a problem.

Should Bo go? I don't know. He's reached the top of his game and his peak doesn't rest well with a lot of Husker fans.

I have zero invested in this team, other than a couple of hours a week watching it on TV, so I don't have any claim of being injured, other than what is self inflicted. Boosters and season ticket holders do, so they can decide.

This is pretty much my logic. Maybe it will actually go down like this.