Opposing Defense is calling our plays.

I had some suspicions about this last year and I've seen it most of this year. I'm convinced opposing coaches are toying with Beck.

The Husker offense changes the play nearly every time they go to the line. Since the opposing coaches coach and they know this, the are taking advantage of the poorly coached Huskers. The defense is 'baiting' them into the play they want them to run. After the Husker O changes the play, many teams have started changing their D.

It's so high school and the staff clearly has no answer for it. All of the teams are doing it at some level.

I did notice several times when the defense showed blitz, TA would audible out, and then the defense changed to stuff that play/.

True. We go no huddle and line up to look at the sidelines. The D then audibles. Beck is simple. Stack the box, stuff the run, watch Beck crap himself. 4 years and the inability to even watch one college game and design plays to counter the stacked box. Dude is a fraud. I truly hope he gets KU or anywhere.......

#firebeck

Guys, it's basketball on turf.

Just ask Wisconsin. 408 yards on the ground playing basketball.

When did this game become such a chess match. I get the scheming and play designs, but since when does the defense control what the opposing offense is doing? I thought it was the other way around.

Guys, it's basketball on turf.

Just ask Wisconsin. 408 yards on the ground playing basketball.

When did this game become such a chess match. I get the scheming and play designs, but since when does the defense control what the opposing offense is doing? I thought it was the other way around.

Not with Beck. He gets what their D gives us.....

• Fire 1

I tend to agree with the OP and about the no-huddle offense in general. I think the hurry-up offense can be used to your advantage against certain teams but when their defense matches up athletically you lose the advantage and many times play right into their hand by being so simple and predictable. Many times I've felt we rushed into a pivotal play and called a dud instead of taking the time to call the right one.

I did notice several times when the defense showed blitz, TA would audible out, and then the defense changed to stuff that play/.

True. We go no huddle and line up to look at the sidelines. The D then audibles. Beck is simple. Stack the box, stuff the run, watch Beck crap himself. 4 years and the inability to even watch one college game and design plays to counter the stacked box. Dude is a fraud. I truly hope he gets KU or anywhere.......

#firebeck

This is true. Ucla is another prime example...both years. He has a poor feel for the game imo.

I tend to agree with the OP and about the no-huddle offense in general. I think the hurry-up offense can be used to your advantage against certain teams but when their defense matches up athletically you lose the advantage and many times play right into their hand by being so simple and predictable. Many times I've felt we rushed into a pivotal play and called a dud instead of taking the time to call the right one.

TA can't even go through a progression or "see the field" in the passing game. Is he really correctly reading the D? Much like Martinez being accused of predetermining to keep the ball on the zone read and not even "reading" the DE.....Again, Beck can't teach our QB's anything as evidenced by lack of development and flat out regression. I know longer believe he can even teach them to read the D and audible correctly. With his dumb a$$ play calling, I doubt he can either.......

TA can't even go through a progression or "see the field" in the passing game. Is he really correctly reading the D? Much like Martinez being accused of predetermining to keep the ball on the zone read and not even "reading" the DE.....Again, Beck can't teach our QB's anything as evidenced by lack of development and flat out regression. I know longer believe he can even teach them to read the D and audible correctly. With his dumb a$$ play calling, I doubt he can either.......

Another good thread topic....getting players on the field who can do what they're expected to do.....pretty sure that one falls on the coach. I don't want to be the guy who keeps harping on a player who is doing the best he can.

yeah it amazes me that they overlook these things like audibling and snap calls. I've totally felt this way about our offense for awhile. Some defenses you even see them making a pretty universal "wave off" signal when ever the QB starts communicating. Part of the problem is we don't have a quick play change ever, it takes us the entire play clock to go through all of this sh#t

Another good thread topic....getting players on the field who can do what they're expected to do.....pretty sure that one falls on the coach. I don't want to be the guy who keeps harping on a player who is doing the best he can.

I like TA. I think in another system of power run and PA passing he would do very well. Two back sets, one read and dump route etc....The whole expecting the receiver and QB have the option to read and adjust the routes.....Does any other team use this without some type of hand gesture i.e. pump the fist and run the fly instead of the out...

Maybe Rodgers and Nelson can do this at Green Bay, but not TA and our guys.

Like you said, the only thing the staff did last night was drop AA's stock. WTH was he still in.......Or calling sweeps with Cross.......

#firebeck

Beck is simple.

Beck is a simpleton.

Fixed it for you.

T_O_B