Bo cuts off thumb, points fingers instead.

NUpolo8

Pelini again blames the players for not playing the way they've been coached. Thats the most unfortunate thing.

Seven years in Bo, and your guys still can't figure it out? Or they have figured it out and it doesn't work? It really doesn't change the fact that a proclaimed defensive guru owns twomofmthe ugliest defensive performances of all time at Nebraska. These things don't just happen.

And this is why it's a problem that he doesn't look at the big picture. It's not about a loss or even a couple of losses, it's about the style of the loss. What is happening? It's not like this was some hyper competitive game that he lost by a field goal in a total heart-breaker. This was a game that was so bad that it was boring. I know a lot of people suffered through the whole thing, but many people also turned off the game or turned to one that was better. For me, the excitement was over pretty early once it became obvious that Nebraska had no answer to running, like it was some new amazing trick that had just been invented. "What?! How is he doing that? Is it legal to run the ball without dribbling?! Since when!?"

So, instead of saying, "okay, what is going wrong, what has gone wrong with this team and past teams? There are fundamental problems-- how do we address them?" he says, "Well, everybody loses."

Great. That is some deep analysis there. Bo would be a great, fiery assistant, but he has no counter balance, but it seems that we are missing is an over-arching vision to set the tone, to analyze, and to come up with viable solutions. Yelling doesn't make people play better-- if they can't play in the game, then the failing happened long before that point in practice, and looking at the trajectory of these teams, the failing began roughly seven years ago. We can't blame Callahan any more.

I have a feeling that they are sticking with the fundamentals they've been coached. Either that, or the coaches aren't really paying close attention to how the fundamentals are being demonstrated in practice. I just can't believe that, come game day, players forget how to tackle. It makes me think that they might not be monitoring certain players/positions in practice very well and aren't noticing what players are actually doing. Like they tell them to do it one way, the player does it like that in a drill, but then gets sloppy in scrimmage? I just don't get it.

Bo looks at the big picture of course. He just doesn't analyze it for the public and he shouldn't.

There's plenty of criticism to go around without resorting to finding "gotcha" media moments.

No, I think he should at this point. He really, really should. This is like the " You wouldn't understand it, anyway," response to hide ignorance. The constant failings of the teams year in and year out show that he doesn't look at the program on a systemic level. His "I really don't know..." answers are probably totally honest. I'm going to take him at his word-- he doesn't know, and he doesn't get into big picture stuff. The performance on the field sure doesn't contradict those statement.

Bo looks at the big picture of course. He just doesn't analyze it for the public and he shouldn't.

There's plenty of criticism to go around without resorting to finding "gotcha" media moments.

Exactly.

That loss either speaks for itself, or it doesn't. You decide.

But like I said, if we go 10-2 & win a bowl game, it gets complicated for the administration. We know Bo's not going to win a conference title with his staff (and maybe not even with different staff), but firing a guy that goes 10-2 is intricately complicated.

Maybe he'll make it easier though and lose three straight to go 8-4. This'll be interesting.

• Fire 1

A gotcha moment of Bo Pelini being quoted saying some really dumb things. He's got no one to blame but himself, no matter how hard he tries.

I have a feeling that they are sticking with the fundamentals they've been coached. Either that, or the coaches aren't really paying close attention to how the fundamentals are being demonstrated in practice. I just can't believe that, come game day, players forget how to tackle. It makes me think that they might not be monitoring certain players/positions in practice very well and aren't noticing what players are actually doing. Like they tell them to do it one way, the player does it like that in a drill, but then gets sloppy in scrimmage? I just don't get it.

It all goes back to the head coach and accountability. No one is holding anyone accountable to anything. The way this team played on Saturday is exactly how they play in practice. Don't let Bo or anyone else in his staff say anything different. You dont just play like a full on retard on Saturdays without actually practicing that way.

• Fire 3

I have been a big supporter of this staff through ugly wins and horrible losses. Last Saturday was the final straw. This game against Wisconsin was no different than the CCG game in 2012 but with different players. This tells me that this is a systemic problem with the staff. They had ONE thing to stop and could not do it. Even after getting scorched with long run after long run, there was no adjustment for it. They stuck by their guns and watched Wisconsin put 56 straight points on them. Complete failure on offense and defense. The coaching staff say they cannot figure it out... Well, we need people in there who can. It doesn't matter if we blow out Minnesota and Iowa (WE WON'T) or get a bowl win. Nationally we are a big F-ING JOKE!

• Fire 1