11 Wins

I still wouldn't be happy, but I honestly think that's about the only way Bo is going to stay here. He'll have to make staff changes, but that's the only way he stays. That's a double edged sword, especially considering how many times we've been embarrassed on national television during his tenure. I'm not supporting the Huskers losing though, I want us to beat Minny and Iowa without issues, but I have a feeling Minny is going to destroy us.

If the Huskers could finish 11-2, with their only two losses at MSU and Wisconsin, they would likely be in the Top Ten in the final ranking.

This place would get really entertaining if they chose to fire Bo then.

Dont think it would happen in that case. Which of course it if it does, it would be 10-2, not 11-2. Firing coaches just DO NOT HAPPEN after bowl games.

Here's thing though. If we come out against Minnesota and we see obvious and basic defensive adjustments and play so much better and completely shut them down, I will probably be even more pissed than I am know. "Where was this common sense crap last week" type of thing. And if we win these next two games, that's probably what it's gonna take. I'll be even more confused than i am know.

If the Huskers could finish 11-2, with their only two losses at MSU and Wisconsin, they would likely be in the Top Ten in the final ranking.

No way, I don't see how we end up in the Top 10 considering what we just did at Wisconsin. Maybe 15th, but even that's way too generous.......

Minnesota as well as Iowa are fully capable of blowing us out. I hope I am wrong, but the last game showed how fragile the psyche of this team really is.

11-2 as standalone record seems great from a high level overview. But when you dissect the schedule, which is how a national perception comes about, it really isn't. We are discredited as a powerhouse - deserving so - based off of our performance in the 2-4 losses we encounter a year. The program is known to reach a certain benchmark number of wins due to the attrition of our schedule. Until we are competitive in every game, I will not be satisfied. Again, as I have stated elsewhere, I am not calling for wins in all of those tough games - just play competitive football. That is how you work towards rebuilding the brand.

Minnesota as well as Iowa are fully capable of blowing us out. I hope I am wrong, but the last game showed how fragile the psyche of this team really is.

i really think we do win out. these blowout losses is because when the stakes are high or the pressure is on, bo losses control and the team implodes from a lack of leadership.

i think we can put it together just enough to beat minny and iowa. those teams or moments are not necessarily the problem. but the pressure is on bo now.

but who knows. i have no doubt kill can out-coach our staff.

11-2 as standalone record seems great from a high level overview. But when you dissect the schedule, which is how a national perception comes about, it really isn't. We are discredited as a powerhouse - deserving so - based off of our performance in the 2-4 losses we encounter a year. The program is known to reach a certain benchmark number of wins due to the attrition of our schedule. Until we are competitive in every game, I will not be satisfied. Again, as I have stated elsewhere, I am not calling for wins in all of those tough games - just play competitive football. That is how you work towards rebuilding the brand.

See this is always interesting to me. If you sit down and take a look at many of the teams in the final rankings, from 15-25, you would have trouble picking "signature" wins. Many of these teams simply rack up wins on lesser teams for the most part.

I know this is Nebraska, and I'm not decreasing my standards at all, but 11 wins wouldn't be something to scoff at.

If we go to 11-2, I would agree it would be probably not worth firing Bo over it. But something must change nonetheless. It is not just the losses, it's how they are lost.

If we had lost to Wisconsin in a hard fought battle like 28-24, that went back and forth, I wouldn't be so upset. It's hard to win in Wisconsin. But to get obliterated says much more.

See this is always interesting to me. If you sit down and take a look at many of the teams in the final rankings, from 15-25, you would have trouble picking "signature" wins. Many of these teams simply rack up wins on lesser teams for the most part.

I know this is Nebraska, and I'm not decreasing my standards at all, but 11 wins wouldn't be something to scoff at.

I completely agree, there is a lot of parity between those teams which makes it hard for me to hang my hat on my argument. I guess my main concern, how many top 15-25 teams get blown out in the same fashion that Nebraska does when we play like opponents? Hell, even OU suffered an embarrassing loss to Baylor this year, but that was an anomaly for them where that has become the norm here. And from a wishful thinking standpoint, I would the program to be above the middle of the pack Top 25 teams - which means that we should be winning more games against top competition than we are losing.

129-55. That's the combined score of our last two games against that team we played Saturday. Total and utter domination, and total and utter inepititude to do anything to stop the bleeding on our part. Let that sink in for a moment.

If you're satisfied by 11-2 and some meaningless bowl win at this point, you're falling into the trap that Bo and his plebes want you to fall into. Looking at the wins, and ignoring ALL the missed opportunities and crushing losses where we looked like a pee-wee squad playing their first game.

So, no, I will not be happy with an 11-2 season and finishing SECOND in our own division. It means we didn't take care of business. In fact, I'll probably be even more pissed, because 11-2 with nothing to show for it feels so empty. It also makes it less likely we oust Bo... which is what our program needs to do.