11 Wins

For the 11-2 group, are you truly satisfied with the season, the whole 7 years? Is it what you expect from Nebraska?

Something to consider. We would be asking a new coach to come in and go undefeated. Right away. Now. We're still in the B1G, right? And you can talk all you want about how it's not about wins and losses. Coaches know better. Put what you wrote above in the first line of the job description.......
I am so sick of this argument. Because Bo is let go for getting blown out against ranked opponents, we would be asking a new coach to come in and go undefeated? Why? Why the jump from 4 losses to undefeated? Why do people have to blow the situation out of proportion like this?The problem isn't the 9 wins or the 4 losses. Some need to get that through their thick heads. The problem is not being competitive with reasonably decent teams. Period. As far as I'm concerned the new coach can come in here and only win 9 for a few years, as long as he's not struggling with McNeese and getting curb stomped by every top 30 team he faces. The expectation is not a better record than Pelini has generated. The expectation is winning some games that matter instead of getting embarrassed. It's really that simple.
seven years. and what do we have to show for it? a team that does as well as the second year with just a terrible schedule.

bo has had seven years to bring home a championship and instead his teams struggle to tackle and allow rushing records to be set. new snarky hashtag: #defensiveguru

If Bo finds a way to get this team to 11 wins, are the fans happy?

11-2 with a win over, most likely, a solid SEC/Pac 12 team in the bowl game would be a heck of a year in my opinion. I know we are a long way from this happening, but if you're on the "Fire Bo now" train because of the most recent performance, and 11 wins gets you off then you need to reevaluate your opinion for now.

All these threads about not showing up for Senior Day are ludicrous. You can knock Bo all you want, it's obviously warranted following this performance, but given the fact we have 3 (longshot at 4) games left, we should continue to back the team and evaluate after the full resume is there.

I am still a BoLiever. I am awaiting the trolls and the internet tough guys and the people who want to debate.

Fire Bo just like we did Solich, who the hell can we hire? There are not Coaches lining up to coach our team. <Insert but that is loser thinking! We have to hope Santa will give us a great coach and a national championship because we have been good lil boys and girls!>

I love Tom Osborne I have practicly anything you can think of signed by him. I grew up in the 90s in Nebraska, he was and is a Hero. But lets compare him to Bo because I am not old enough to know / remember personally Devaney.

Head coaching record[edit]

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big Eight Conference) (1973–1995) 1973[6]Nebraska 9–2–1 4–2–1 T-2nd W Cotton 11T 7 1974 Nebraska 9–3 5–2 T-2nd W Sugar 9 8 1975 Nebraska 10–2 6–1 T-1st L Fiesta 9 9 1976 Nebraska 9–3–1 4–3 T-4th W Bluebonnet 7 9 1977 Nebraska 9–3 5–2 T-2nd W Liberty 10 12 1978 Nebraska 9–3 6–1 T-1st L Orange 8 8 1979 Nebraska 10–2 6–1 2nd L Cotton 7 9 1980[7]Nebraska 10–2 6–1 2nd W Sun 7 7 1981 Nebraska 9–3 7–0 1st L Orange 9 11 1982 Nebraska 12–1 7–0 1st W Orange 3 3 1983 Nebraska 12–1 7–0 1st L Orange 2 2 1984 Nebraska 10–2 6–1 T-1st W Sugar 3 4 1985 Nebraska 9–3 6–1 2nd L Fiesta 10 11 1986 Nebraska 10–2 5–2 3rd W Sugar 4 5 1987 Nebraska 10–2 6–1 2nd L Fiesta 6 6 1988 Nebraska 11–2 7–0 1st L Orange 10 10 1989 Nebraska 10–2 6–1 2nd L Fiesta 12 11 1990[8]Nebraska 9–3 5–2 3rd L Citrus 17T 24 1991 Nebraska 9–2–1 6–0–1 T-1st L Orange 16 15 1992 Nebraska 9–3 6–1 1st L Orange 14 14 1993 Nebraska 11–1 7–0 1st L Orange 3 3 1994 Nebraska 13–0 7–0 1st W Orange 1 1 1995 Nebraska 12–0 7–0 1st W Fiesta 1 1 Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big 12 Conference) (1996–1997) 1996 Nebraska 11–2 8–0 1st (North) W Orange 6 6 1997 Nebraska 13–0 8–0 1st (North) W Orange 1 2 Nebraska: 255–49–3 (.836) 160–23–2 (.870)

Total:

255–49–3 (.836)

Bo:

Head coaching record[edit]

Year Team Overall Conference Standing Bowl/playoffs Coaches# AP°Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big 12 Conference) (2003) 2003 Nebraska 1–0W Alamo 18 18 Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big 12 Conference) (2008–2010) 2008 Nebraska 9–4 5–3 T–1st (North) W Gator 2009 Nebraska 10–4 6–2 1st (North) W Holiday 14 14 2010 Nebraska 10–4 6–2 T–1st (North) L Holiday 19 20 Nebraska Cornhuskers (Big Ten Conference) (2011–present) 2011 Nebraska 9–4 5–3 3rd (Legends) L Capital One 24 24 2012 Nebraska 10–4 7–1 1st (Legends) L Capital One 23 25 2013 Nebraska 9–4 5–3 T–2nd (Legends) W Gator 25 2014 Nebraska 8–2 4–2 (West) Nebraska: 66–26 38–16 Total: 66–26

Anything worth getting takes work and time. I am awaiting the hate. Edited inserted Osborne Twice lol.

Because we had a long list of candidates when Callahan was fired? I'm not saying we aren't a great program deserving of a great coach, but to think replacing a guy that just won 10 games wouldn't deter some candidates would be crazy.

I think every coach in the country figures he could win nine or ten games with our schedule. Most probably figure they could win more.

For the 11-2 group, are you truly satisfied with the season, the whole 7 years? Is it what you expect from Nebraska?

Something to consider. We would be asking a new coach to come in and go undefeated. Right away. Now. We're still in the B1G, right? And you can talk all you want about how it's not about wins and losses. Coaches know better. Put what you wrote above in the first line of the job description.......

I am so sick of this argument. Because Bo is let go for getting blown out against ranked opponents, we would be asking a new coach to come in and go undefeated? Why? Why the jump from 4 losses to undefeated? Why do people have to blow the situation out of proportion like this?

The problem isn't the 9 wins or the 4 losses. Some need to get that through their thick heads. The problem is not being competitive with reasonably decent teams. Period. As far as I'm concerned the new coach can come in here and only win 9 for a few years, as long as he's not struggling with McNeese and getting curb stomped by every top 30 team he faces. The expectation is not a better record than Pelini has generated. The expectation is winning some games that matter instead of getting embarrassed. It's really that simple.

Rumor is you can ignore any post(s)

Trust me, you're on the cusp of getting ignored but I've got 2 problems with using that function. 1- I'm not afraid of reading opposing view points, as misguided as many of them may strike me and 2- I'm afraid I would miss out on butt loads of entertaining posts of people posting ridiculous, stupid sh#t. Why should I deny myself that pleasure?

BTW, good job refuting my post that you apparently disagreed with :facepalm:

At some point intime the proverbial wheels are gonna fall off with this staff. Personally i thought it did saturday. At some point this talented younggroup of players will see past all the "love bo" and "runnin through a wall" stuff and realize this staff is not capable of putting them in the best postion they can be to be a great football team. Its what happened to callahan. That team phoned it in from an effort and desire standpoint. Its my opinion but to me thats what happened saturday. You can only blame missed assignments and lack of execution so many times before you have either change whats being taught or whos teaching. Im just not seeing a complete buy in on either side of the ball. I dont really see a team believing in what theyre doing.

I am still somewhat shocked that Iowa last year, who was not very good, wasn't the moment all the wheels came off and triggered the change. It's all so strange how that came and went and now, with good reason, the tone is all right back.

I doubt they get rid of Bo regardless what happens unless he pulls a Woody Hayes. Let's face it, if they didn't ax him after last year's Iowa game when he stood there and dared them to fire him then made some comment like "let's see where they would be without me.", they aren't going to fire him now. One of the dilemmas is their competence is in question. You don't give a coach a huge contract extension and then fire him. That is just a tacit admission that you have no clue.

If Bo finds a way to get this team to 11 wins, are the fans happy?

11-2 with a win over, most likely, a solid SEC/Pac 12 team in the bowl game would be a heck of a year in my opinion. I know we are a long way from this happening, but if you're on the "Fire Bo now" train because of the most recent performance, and 11 wins gets you off then you need to reevaluate your opinion for now.

All these threads about not showing up for Senior Day are ludicrous. You can knock Bo all you want, it's obviously warranted following this performance, but given the fact we have 3 (longshot at 4) games left, we should continue to back the team and evaluate after the full resume is there.

As I stated this time last year, my expectation is that Bo would win one conference championship in 7 years. If that doesn't happen this year, I don't care how many cupcake teams ranked #30 or below he piles up, he needs to go.

Did you know that Pelini has more losses by 30+ points than Callahan did? Wasn't Callahan fired for having big losses and not having a good defense?

You never expect a new coach to turn things around that fast, but the sooner we get one the quicker we turn.

Because we had a long list of candidates when Callahan was fired? I'm not saying we aren't a great program deserving of a great coach, but to think replacing a guy that just won 10 games wouldn't deter some candidates would be crazy.

I think every coach in the country figures he could win nine or ten games with our schedule. Most probably figure they could win more.

Ferentz Iowa Head Coach was asked if he would or could be considered for Nebraska after Solich was fired and he either won the big ten or tied, and Ferentz said hell no they have unrealistic expectations.

Think about that Husker nation... After the Solich fire we couldnt get Ferentz...

Ferentz..

It's still hard to take MN seriously, but I'm sure most of us will this weekend. I've rewatched some of there games and man. I'm not confident in a once guaranteed victory. Cobb is a beast and there passing game is much better than UW. With ameer unhealthy I fear the worst. And then iowa could put the cherry on top. They aren't that good but I said the same thing last year.

They lost to Illinois so I had this one penciled in as a win, but now I'm concerned. Actually I'm silently wishing we lose out. Did my fingers just type that. Sorry.

How would an 11-2 feel? Let me ask you this. How did you feel after the loss to Iowa last year and then the win after the Gator Bowl?

I know for one, I will not feel the satisfaction I did after last years bowl game. He took my candy away from me after Iowa and then gave me the Kool-aid jug after the bowl game. The jug has just been emptied and will not fill up no matter how many more games he wins this year unless he does a staff change.

Ferentz Iowa Head Coach was asked if he would or could be considered for Nebraska after Solich was fired and he either won the big ten or tied, and Ferentz said hell no they have unrealistic expectations.

Think about that Husker nation... After the Solich fire we couldnt get Ferentz...

Ferentz..

Good thing he has a un purchasable contract and can't get him then.

Your assumptions that any coaching search would look anything like 2003 coupled with the fact you're willing to lump together Osborne's struggles with Bo getting futility records set on his teams on a yearly basis are pretty laughable.

At some point intime the proverbial wheels are gonna fall off with this staff. Personally i thought it did saturday. At some point this talented younggroup of players will see past all the "love bo" and "runnin through a wall" stuff and realize this staff is not capable of putting them in the best postion they can be to be a great football team. Its what happened to callahan. That team phoned it in from an effort and desire standpoint. Its my opinion but to me thats what happened saturday. You can only blame missed assignments and lack of execution so many times before you have either change whats being taught or whos teaching. Im just not seeing a complete buy in on either side of the ball. I dont really see a team believing in what theyre doing.

I am still somewhat shocked that Iowa last year, who was not very good, wasn't the moment all the wheels came off and triggered the change. It's all so strange how that came and went and now, with good reason, the tone is all right back.

Yeah. Not only the loss at home, in the bumbling fashion in which we lost, but the firestorm of a presser afterwards.

"You want to fire me? Then fire me." People talk about Bo's supporters in the Admin, but the only reason he's still here after Iowa is that the guy(s) they wanted weren't willing to come here. There's a reason Eichorst didn't speak to the press and didn't release a statement the day of the Iowa game last year. That missive he released, supporting Pelini, could have been emailed to the press any time Friday afternoon/evening. It's not like it took long to write.

I went into work the next day and the first conversation I had began with, "Who do you think they're going to hire?" It wasn't even a question of if any more. It was more like, as I watched that game with the hat-swipe and yelling that was topped off with that flame out of a presser, it just seemed *obvious* that he knew that he was fired. That's how he was behaving, I mean. My game-day companions all thought that, too. It was such a bizarre display that we just assumed that he knew he was gone. I was kind of on the fence last year and was in the " he needs to make some major staff changes" camp. But right then, he was behaving like a lunatic, like he was in the football version of Network or something. The only reason I think he was still around was because of the size of his buyout. Give him another year, lower the buy out, and possibly give him a chance to redeem himself.

I have to think that he knew that game may have been the harbinger of the end of his tenure here. I mean, he seemed so confused and just befuddled like a man of twice his age suffering from mild dementia. "I don't know. I really don't know." His apparent lack of understanding is a pretty good reason to let him go as a head coach. I'm sure he'll find a home in the NFL as a DC or a position coach.

I agree with what you said, but then again, how else could his demeanor have been.

I am so sick of this argument. Because Bo is let go for getting blown out against ranked opponents, we would be asking a new coach to come in and go undefeated? Why? Why the jump from 4 losses to undefeated? Why do people have to blow the situation out of proportion like this?

The problem isn't the 9 wins or the 4 losses. Some need to get that through their thick heads. The problem is not being competitive with reasonably decent teams. Period. As far as I'm concerned the new coach can come in here and only win 9 for a few years, as long as he's not struggling with McNeese and getting curb stomped by every top 30 team he faces. The expectation is not a better record than Pelini has generated. The expectation is winning some games that matter instead of getting embarrassed. It's really that simple.

Well put.

Ferentz..

Good thing he has a un purchasable contract and can't get him then.

Your assumptions that any coaching search would look anything like 2003 coupled with the fact you're willing to lump together Osborne's struggles with Bo getting futility records set on his teams on a yearly basis are pretty laughable.

Happy to entertain.

I am not trying to win the internet or be the internet guru. I am niether paid enough nor smart enough. All I know is I love Nebraska. I love the teams in Nebraska, I love the Huskers.

My only thing is, we should circle the wagons and shoot outwards. Democrates shot inward last election how did that work out for them?

2 Games left then a Bowl - lets stop chanting FIRE BO - and Start chanting WIN WIN WIN. I dont care what your feelings are - frankly no one should only thing we can do is WIN. Some people will never be happy for various reasons e.g. terminal cancer, a horrible wife, horrible husband etc. This team can provide a lot more than we can ever do for it so the least we can do is give it support leave the OFF season for the firing or hiring and then only what is best for the team.

This type of crap is bad for the brand.

Wait I got serious there for a min, err bring a goat to the stadium to clear the curse of the Solich that or a llama?