Kenny Bell Speaks Up

I'm upset about Saturday's game. Or, I should say. I was upset..for about an hour. Maybe even into Sunday morning. But it is over for me now. Not my fanship for the Huskers. That will NEVER be over.

But what upsets me, or perhaps I should say disturbs me deeply, is that so many, adult men and/or women are so hateful about everything right now. Jeepsus cripes! You guys hate Bo and his 9 win seasons (and bad losses..which are the teams by the way not yours!), you hate Beck, you hate Barney, you hate TA, you hate KB, you hate players who don't "see" your particular brand of hate, and you hate each other because you are freaking convinced your reason to hate is the best reason, and not someone else's reason to hate. All over a blessed "GAME".

I truly pity all of you that are so wrapped up in this thing personally. I'm an alum. Had close relatives that were part of the program. But I gather ZERO self identity from a bunch of kids playing a game.

Stop the hate. Get off the board till you are happy. Find other joy in your lives. You'll be much better off, and so will those around you.

• Fire 4

John Gaskins

@937JohnGaskins

Bell: #Huskers fans who "post on their boards... are same people who come up & slap your hand & ask you take a picture with their son."

KB: "Attack me, whatever. It's when u talk about my head man. I don't like it when ppl talk about Bo. Thats what I get angry about" #Huskers

KB: #Huskers fans criticizing him on twitter "care & they want us to win as much as anybody else" but also want pics & autographs in person

KB: "I understand how u want to reach out to an athlete but shoot, I like the Denver Broncos. They haven't played well this week..."#Huskers

Bell cont'd being fan of struggling Broncos "...and I'm not shooting tweets at anybody. But, different strokes for different folks" #Huskers

Bell on Bo: "Anybody that says he needs to go is crazy. It's literally insane." #Huskers

More Bell on Bo: "If 9 wins, 10 wins isn't good enough for you, I don't know who you should be a fan of." #Huskers #GBR

Bell: "Honestly, the guy can't do much more but win. Obviously we want conference championships but sometimes it's not in the cards"#Huskers

KB: "Its not easy to come out & win every single week. We dropped a big one last week. We dropped big ones in the past too, but..."#Huskers

Bell: "...they're people, these coaches. They have a family. They have a wife & kids they take care of & put food on the table for" #Huskers

KB: "You want to get rid of them, take away their job b/c you can't watch your team win a championship? Give me a break. Its absurd"#Huskers

Bell: "It's like me telling the mailman since he missed my mail, or dropped one in the snow, he should be fired. It blows my mind." #Huskers

KB: Not a big deal when #Huskers fans criticize him but "to go after my teammates or my coach, unless u can do better, I wldnt say anything"

My cousin said this after the game Saturday and I couldn't have said it any better: Whether or not I can or cannot do the job better than Bo does not apply here at all. It isn't my job, however it is his job. As with all jobs, they come with expectations that are to be met or the pay and work stops. The question is - are expectations being met?

You couldn't get to the CCG with this schedule Kenny, it's sad and your coaches had two weeks to prepare for Wisconsin. Defense allowed 581 yards in rushing and the offense only put up 180 total yards. We have a reason to complain, you'll understand one day when you grow up. Shut your Twitter account down and concentrate on football and the free education you're getting. That's probably a small part of the problem.

+1

I like Kenny, but the dude lives inside the Husker bubble. He won't understand until he's gone, then he'll get it.

I'm upset about Saturday's game. Or, I should say. I was upset..for about an hour. Maybe even into Sunday morning. But it is over for me now. Not my fanship for the Huskers. That will NEVER be over.

But what upsets me, or perhaps I should say disturbs me deeply, is that so many, adult men and/or women are so hateful about everything right now. Jeepsus cripes! You guys hate Bo and his 9 win seasons (and bad losses..which are the teams by the way not yours!), you hate Beck, you hate Barney, you hate TA, you hate KB, you hate players who don't "see" your particular brand of hate, and you hate each other because you are freaking convinced your reason to hate is the best reason, and not someone else's reason to hate. All over a blessed "GAME".

I truly pity all of you that are so wrapped up in this thing personally. I'm an alum. Had close relatives that were part of the program. But I gather ZERO self identity from a bunch of kids playing a game.

Stop the hate. Get off the board till you are happy. Find other joy in your lives. You'll be much better off, and so will those around you.

Friends-Stop-the-Madness.gif

I take it your parents still pay your bills. In the real world, there are expectations you need to match to keep a job. Bo isn't getting it done. So we fire Bo and bring someone else in. That is how the real world works. You will find this out once you get older.

I don't hate the players. They're just victims. They came here with high hopes and will leave with nothing but a sour taste in their mouth. That would suck for them, no? Armstrong could be a good QB, but that won't happen here. I feel bad for him that he came here. He had potential, potential that will never be realized.

KB is the only one that should shut up. He's just like a LB we had from 2007 that is only remember for whining about the fans and wearing women's clothing on Halloween.

• Fire 1

John Gaskins

@937JohnGaskins

Bell: #Huskers fans who "post on their boards... are same people who come up & slap your hand & ask you take a picture with their son."

KB: "Attack me, whatever. It's when u talk about my head man. I don't like it when ppl talk about Bo. Thats what I get angry about" #Huskers

KB: #Huskers fans criticizing him on twitter "care & they want us to win as much as anybody else" but also want pics & autographs in person

KB: "I understand how u want to reach out to an athlete but shoot, I like the Denver Broncos. They haven't played well this week..."#Huskers

Bell cont'd being fan of struggling Broncos "...and I'm not shooting tweets at anybody. But, different strokes for different folks" #Huskers

Bell on Bo: "Anybody that says he needs to go is crazy. It's literally insane." #Huskers

More Bell on Bo: "If 9 wins, 10 wins isn't good enough for you, I don't know who you should be a fan of." #Huskers #GBR

Bell: "Honestly, the guy can't do much more but win. Obviously we want conference championships but sometimes it's not in the cards"#Huskers

KB: "Its not easy to come out & win every single week. We dropped a big one last week. We dropped big ones in the past too, but..."#Huskers

Bell: "...they're people, these coaches. They have a family. They have a wife & kids they take care of & put food on the table for" #Huskers

KB: "You want to get rid of them, take away their job b/c you can't watch your team win a championship? Give me a break. Its absurd"#Huskers

Bell: "It's like me telling the mailman since he missed my mail, or dropped one in the snow, he should be fired. It blows my mind." #Huskers

KB: Not a big deal when #Huskers fans criticize him but "to go after my teammates or my coach, unless u can do better, I wldnt say anything"

My cousin said this after the game Saturday and I couldn't have said it any better: Whether or not I can or cannot do the job better than Bo does not apply here at all. It isn't my job, however it is his job. As with all jobs, they come with expectations that are to be met or the pay and work stops. The question is - are expectations being met?

It's like watching an architect build a building that constantly falls down. Do I need to build it myself to prove that it shouldn't look like a pile of rubble?

• Fire 2

John Gaskins

@937JohnGaskins

It's like watching an architect build a building that constantly falls down. Do I need to build it myself to prove that it shouldn't look like a pile of rubble?

:clap

Apparently.

John Gaskins

@937JohnGaskins

frankly, at this point, i think the players could have coached themselves this year and ended up with the same record.

That this post shows a misunderstanding of the fundamental nature of a very devoted fan.

If everyone posting in this thread, or all of the threads after the Wiscy game, were nothing but negative all the time, there would be a point here. But we aren't. Mostly, most of us are mostly happy. Most of us hate nothing (except losing, and being a laughingstock across the college football world).

I'm a Bo supporter, believe it or not. I still think he needs to not be the head coach here anymore.

I'm a Kenny Bell fan, believe it or not. Still think he needs to stop trying to "educate" fans that are, for the most part, older than him and have been fans of this program since before he was born.

I'm a Tim Beck fan. I'm a Barney Cotton fan. John Garrison fan. Ross Els fan. But none of them should be coaching here. There's no hate involved in that belief, just an observation based on the product they put on the field.

No, everyone here isn't personally wrapped up in these kids playing this game. But we are avid fans of college football, and for the most part we know what good football is, and we know when we aren't seeing it. That's what we're (mostly) saying here.

Knapp you are the voice of reason on this board. All I could do was throw smart ass gifs at the guy.

I cannot do anything else but laugh at any of this "put food on the table" ----Bo has made approx. $10 million dollars here already. If we fired him he would get approx $5.7 million more.

Oh, what people would do for 15 million dollars! Kenny does realize that if someone even had a great job and made $100k/year - IF they even worked that same job for 50 years (not likely, that's still 1/3 of what Bo made here!) COMICAL

I cannot do anything else but laugh at any of this "put food on the table" ----Bo has made approx. $10 million dollars here already. If we fired him he would get approx $5.7 million more.

Oh, what people would do for 15 million dollars! Kenny does realize that if someone even had a great job and made $100k/year - IF they even worked that same job for 50 years (not likely, that's still 1/3 of what Bo made here!) COMICAL

kenny seems to struggle with budgeting and understanding money.