Next five years

Fine, Kansas and Mizzou are not proof of poor coaching then...

Explain why they weren't. Don't get me wrong, the Colorado and Michigan games were great wins for the team; but, I don't see how these wins are proof that Nebraska is back to dominance. Michigan and Colorado were not even in the same league as any team in the top 8. Although Michigan was highly ranked early on, they proved not to be a top 20 team. Unless, NU being in the top 25 and having an 8-5 season means they are back to dominance to you? Not for me, I have much higher expectations. I think NU could be back in the next 2-6 years but are not there yet. Lets see how they do against USC and Texas. Yes, let's see them not get blown out by Mizzou and Kansas. You saying "Fine, Kansas and Mizzou are not proof of poor coaching then..." is a blunt statement with nothing said to back it up. Please, explain to me why they weren't examples of poor coaching. I may agree with you or I may not, but offer up at least a hint of your reasoning.

NU being in the top 25 and having an 8-5 season means they are back to dominance to you?

When did Nebraska lose this 5th game? I agree with you, an 8-4 season and cracking the top 25 is no reason to say, NU is back, because top 25 has been an afterthought here. Crap, top 10 had been an afterthought. I believe that the program is on the way back. Lots of promising things from last season. Lots of frustrations as well. This next season is gonna be another measuring stick. If the program moves forward and gets to 10 wins and a higher level bowl than the alamo, then Nebraska will be well on its way.

Michigan isnt in the same league as Penn State, a team they beat? It is easy to manipulate information to you own arguments benefit, but I think the one thing that stands out is that at the end of the season, when everyone had the benefit of at least ten games to refine their approach and more importantly work in new players, especially quarterbacks, we were better than two teams with vetern quarterbacks, good defenses, and alot of quality wins to back it up. By the end of the year, we were the best team in the big twelve north. That much was obvious.

Michigan isnt in the same league as Penn State, a team they beat? It is easy to manipulate information to you own arguments benefit, but I think the one thing that stands out is that at the end of the season, when everyone had the benefit of at least ten games to refine their approach and more importantly work in new players, especially quarterbacks, we were better than two teams with vetern quarterbacks, good defenses, and alot of quality wins to back it up. By the end of the year, we were the best team in the big twelve north. That much was obvious.

psst.. its "veteran." sound it out now... :sarcasm

anyways you are absolutely correct. if you cant see the turnaround our team made and not be excited for next season there is something wrong with you. we will be in a bcs game if not next year then the year after that. if Nebraska isnt than you Coach Callahan is fired and I, and a lot of others, will be wrong and we will be back to the end of 2003 and the beginning of 2004, in the hunt of a new coach and trying to recruit personnel to fit said coach's system.

When did Nebraska lose this 5th game?

Ooops, my bad. Thanks for the correction.

Lots of promising things from last season. Lots of frustrations as well. This next season is gonna be another measuring stick. If the program moves forward and gets to 10 wins and a higher level bowl than the alamo, then Nebraska will be well on its way.

I totally agree: GBR

Next 5 years we should be in 2 bcs bowl games.

I hope so. That would be great!

Michigan isnt in the same league as Penn State, a team they beat? By the end of the year, we were the best team in the big twelve north

And by the end of the year, IMO Penn State had a much better team than Michigan. Penn State turned things around and became a very tough ball team. Michigan, IMO did not improve near as much. They were close when they played, but Penn State became a lot better. I don't think Kansas had a better team than NU last year, even though KU won that day. I don't feel that the better team always wins.

anyways you are absolutely correct. if you can't see the turnaround our team made and not be excited for next season there is something wrong with you. we will be in a bcs game if not next year then the year after that.

I see it, and I am excited about it. Since I am not convinced we a back to dominance yet, is something wrong with me? Once again, I hope NU does do WELL! I HOPE they are back! I am just not convinced that the beating of Michigan and CU are signs of this. I think they are signs of going in the right direction. Many of you are convinced that we are back and I am very happy for those who are. I suppose that I could lie and say I am convinced. Here is what I said before:

"I do think that this team and BC have improved in many ways. I respect him, I wish him the best, and I think he is doing a good job. If thinking NU will not win a NC in the next few years means one is a pessimist, sign me up, because I do not think they will. I hope they do, but do not see it as of yet. I hope in the next 3-5 years, BC has many dominant seasons."

I am very excited for the next few years. I think NU will be better. I like most am excited coming off the end of last season. I am really excited about the implementation of the newest recruiting class. I can honestly see some possible BIG XII North titles within the next 4-5 years. For me though, it is simply to early to say we are back.

In my personal opinion, i think Nebraska will be a better "team" next year, but wouldn't surprise me if we finished with a similar record as this year, being off by one or two with the extra game plus a possible Big 12 Championship game.

I was thinking a little along those same lines. would like to say we will be in the Big 12 Title game but I think we will need a few breaks in a couple of close games during the up coming season to get there. Don't no why I have that feeling just do. I think by the time Beck's a junior we will be at the top of the Big 12. I would like to say it will be sooner because I think we will be a lot better this year but still a lot of new guys to break in. Time will tell I guess.

GBR!!!

Who do you think NU will all lose to next year?

Louisiana Tech - WIN. CUPCAKE

Nicholls State - WIN. CUPCAKE

@ USC - LOSS. NU beats the spread.

Troy - WIN. CUPCAKE

Kansas - LOSS - UPSET SPECIAL, NU underestimates KU at home just like the fans. KU offense shows up bigtime.

@ Iowa State - LOSS. NU hasn't won in AMES since 2000, 2006 won't be an exception, Meyer and best ISU offense (maybe ever) keeps NU offense off the field.

@ Kansas State - WIN. CUPCAKE

Texas - LOSS, Texas reloads just like any NC team.

@ Okahoma State - WIN. NU rebounds and gets one on the road.

Missouri - WIN - NU offense has a big day at home.

@ Texas A&M - WIN- another road victory. NU is winning on the road.

Colorado - WIN - CU is still in disarray and having a dismal season.

8-4 unless the UPSET SPECIAL doesn't happen, then 9-4 with loss in B12 championship game to south champ and a Jan bowl. NU is competitive in EVERY game, even the losses. :)

Who do you think NU will all lose to next year?

Louisiana Tech - WIN. CUPCAKE

Nicholls State - WIN. CUPCAKE

@ USC - LOSS. NU beats the spread.

Troy - WIN. CUPCAKE

Kansas - LOSS - UPSET SPECIAL, NU underestimates KU at home just like the fans. KU offense shows up bigtime.

@ Iowa State - LOSS. NU hasn't won in AMES since 2000, 2006 won't be an exception, Meyer and best ISU offense (maybe ever) keeps NU offense off the field.

@ Kansas State - WIN. CUPCAKE

Texas - LOSS, Texas reloads just like any NC team.

@ Okahoma State - WIN. NU rebounds and gets one on the road.

Missouri - WIN - NU offense has a big day at home.

@ Texas A&M - WIN- another road victory. NU is winning on the road.

Colorado - WIN - CU is still in disarray and having a dismal season.

8-4 unless the UPSET SPECIAL doesn't happen, then 9-4 with loss in B12 championship game to south champ and a Jan bowl. NU is competitive in EVERY game, even the losses. :)

no way we lose to Kansas at home, they lost A LOT of their defense. 2006 will be an exception because we will win in Ames. Our defense returns the majority of the players and if we stay injury free we will keep ISU's offense off the field.

Iowa State's defense is going to be bad next year. Their best player (Berryman) was recently kicked off the team and they didn't have much coming back anyway. Their offense will have to carry them, but I truly don't believe they are going to be able to compensate for a defense that will be very inexperienced. Pair this will a very tought schedule and I think ISU will struggle to make a bowl next year.